PDA

View Full Version : TRX450R hybrid question

mysterybike
05-06-2011, 02:01 PM
I currently have a yz426 hybrid. It is a PRP chassis with a CR 500 linkage rear. My question is this: Does anyone have any experience in putting a TRX450R engine in that type of chassis. I know on the stock TRX frames the carb/airboot goes over the rear shock. This is not possible with my setup, and I am wondering how difficult it is to route an intake or if it is even possible? Any info is much appreciated.

mx Eli
05-06-2011, 02:47 PM
look at my yzf to crf thread
the crf motor is similar and why wouldnt you use it

mysterybike
05-06-2011, 02:53 PM
The main reason is for the forward kickstart. Also, i've had severe issues with the 426 overheating. I also like the fact that I can use a fan with the TRX engine. I figure I can match the power of a crf with a big bore and some port work. Am I wrong?

So the crf and trx intake angles are approximately the same?

250x_kyle
05-07-2011, 09:11 AM
since you said the forward kick are you haveing clearence issues with the kicker lever on your motor. flip top subframe, and a shorter lever could fix that problem. as far as over heating goes have you run engine ice in it and are you running an oversized radiator? if not have you ever thought about putting a wr426f wiring and stator on and useing the power for the light to mount a fan?

i would immagen the valve angles of the motor are close but every degree counts

mx Eli
05-07-2011, 06:29 PM
the intake angles are noticably differant. I would have to call a buddy to get actual amount.

why do people have such a problem with cutting the back fenders... I dont think I'll ever understand

mysterybike
05-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Well the overheating I suppose is the biggest issue rather than the backwards kick. I will try finding a shorter kicker. Also, I have a flip top subframe, but that just gets really old having to flip up and down every time.

Yes, I have tried engine ice and it doesn't help at all. Would a wr stator work? Do you know anyone who has tried to run a fan with that setup?

To MX Eli...my rear fenders are cut, but to cut them enough so my kicker would clear would look stupid.

250x_kyle
05-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by mysterybike
Well the overheating I suppose is the biggest issue rather than the backwards kick. I will try finding a shorter kicker. Also, I have a flip top subframe, but that just gets really old having to flip up and down every time.

Yes, I have tried engine ice and it doesn't help at all. Would a wr stator work? Do you know anyone who has tried to run a fan with that setup?

To MX Eli...my rear fenders are cut, but to cut them enough so my kicker would clear would look stupid.

im not 100 percent sure on the stator. it would be the same motor and i would think you would have to use the entire harness to use the light connection to wire up a fan. are you running an over sized radiator by chance? they keep them alot coller then you would think.