PDA

View Full Version : Which way does this go

BuDDy L
05-06-2011, 09:07 AM
I just got my swing arm powder coated but need to know which way this thing goes back in...I forgot which direction it came out...http://www.team-rpm.com/bearing_carriers.htm#carrier_trx250r...just a pic to show, I need to know which way the bearing carrier goes because the play allows it to spin freely

C-LEIGH RACING
05-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Stick the carrier in from the left side. The big end with the holes in it sits behind the sprocket.
The E clip end is where your brake caliper mounts on the right side.

More or less, just how they are sitting in those pics, that is how it incerts into the swingarm.
Neil

BuDDy L
05-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
Stick the carrier in from the left side. The big end with the holes in it sits behind the sprocket.
The E clip end is where your brake caliper mounts on the right side.

More or less, just how they are sitting in those pics, that is how it incerts into the swingarm.
Neil

Perfect a year and this restore is almost done ahhhhh lol thank you...my other question is, which way does it sit inside, meaniNg which direction does the "bumpy" side go and which direction does the smooth side go

C-LEIGH RACING
05-06-2011, 01:43 PM
When you look at it from the brake side on the end, you'll notice the hole where the axle goes through is off centered & you want the hole closest to the front, that way it will be sitting so the chain will be loose.
Once you get it all together, axle, sprocket & chain in place, stick the pin in one of those holes & rotate the carrier & it will tighten up the chain.
Neil

BuDDy L
05-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
When you look at it from the brake side on the end, you'll notice the hole where the axle goes through is off centered & you want the hole closest to the front, that way it will be sitting so the chain will be loose.
Once you get it all together, axle, sprocket & chain in place, stick the pin in one of those holes & rotate the carrier & it will tighten up the chain.
Neil great, can't thank you enough