PDA

View Full Version : For the older riders

yfz450rz
05-05-2011, 05:42 PM
im going to take my motorcycle perment test i know its a atv forum just wanted to maybe get some input on some motorcycles that might be know also with the atv crowd im looking at gsx 750 i have rode bikes and atvs so the power levels i know a little about im looking for something maybe reliable any info

Sjorge450R
05-05-2011, 07:33 PM
I just took my permit test yesterday and I am going to pick up my first bike Saturday morning. an 01 CBR F4i.

Im young at 21, but most beginnner riders usually go for same typical bikes. The CBR is a great beginner bike I have been told as its riding position isnt as aggressive as the R6, or the GXXR. Those bikes are pure race bred bikes.

600's also seem to be a good starting point for anyone who has experience riding anything with a motor. If you decide you like it, its real easy to sell a 600 to pick up a larger bike.

The permit test is also really easy. Nothing to worry about. All common sense.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
05-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Take the MSF course.

Sjorge450R
05-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
Take the MSF course.

already registered:blah:

slightlybent47
05-05-2011, 10:53 PM
As an older rider and one who has ridden quite a bit, I would consider riding passion as well as what and where you want to ride.
For me the crotch rocket bikes are great and lots of fun but riding in the forward passion is hard on the wrist and hard on you neck from looking up when riding.
Sport bikes are great because the riding passion is center and this allows you great riding control. It also allows you better visibility but without a wind shield the wind can give you neck fatigue on long rides.

I took a riding course year’s ago but I can’t remember the name of the school.
It’s a good start and they will help you with things that you may not realize.
If they supply the bikes then they will most likely be 250 Honda Rebels.
Good luck and have fun.