PDA

View Full Version : Airbox mounting Grommets/bushings?

BULLET99Z28
05-05-2011, 03:20 AM
I need replacement front airbox mounting grommets/bushings. I have the single one for the rear of the box, but I need the 2 that go on the front of the airbox(they slide over the little studs on the frame rails). Service Honda shows them discontinued. Anybody got any suggestions for replacements? kinda like the Gm shock bushings for the front seat mount. Thanks!

RyanWsly
05-05-2011, 02:09 PM
I can't say that I have tried to get the exact part you are after, but I have got the front seat grommets in the last year, and the ones for the front fenders also. the front fender grommets are almost identical to what you want other then they have that flange on them. maybe trim that off if you can still get them.

1promodfan
05-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by BULLET99Z28
I need replacement front airbox mounting grommets/bushings. I have the single one for the rear of the box, but I need the 2 that go on the front of the airbox(they slide over the little studs on the frame rails). Service Honda shows them discontinued. Anybody got any suggestions for replacements? kinda like the Gm shock bushings for the front seat mount. Thanks!

I might have two of them. If I do, you can have them, just pay shipping.:D

4x4 AG
05-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
I might have two of them. If I do, you can have them, just pay shipping.:D

Dang it. I was following this thread, as I need the same rubbers. But I didn't think this was the answer I wanted.

Anyone know where to buy any? I found that sway arm bushings from oreillys work good for the front seat mount rubbers. You just have to sand them down a bit.

stever250r
05-05-2011, 07:39 PM
I need these too!!! The parts bike that I bought for my build, just had Duct Tape wrapped around itself until they got the diameter they needed to snug up the airbox....

I dont think I will be using that... LOL...

:D

brokenmike
05-07-2011, 07:02 AM
I was using some little white plugs that my dad had got from somewhere that were laying around