PDA

View Full Version : illinois might be a concealed carry state!

buck440
05-03-2011, 07:43 PM
so far it's looking good. we'll know by thursday i believe.

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/

can't wait to carry if so.

Pipeless416
05-03-2011, 07:59 PM
its about time. i'm sick of only the people who don't follow the law having guns.. at least give the law abiding citizens a chance to make them wonder if they'll shoot back or not.

Tommy Warren
05-03-2011, 10:45 PM
must be nice if we have a hand gun in canada we have to call the police before we leave home, tell them where we are going, when we will be back, and call when we return

NacsMXer
05-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
its about time. i'm sick of only the people who don't follow the law having guns.. at least give the law abiding citizens a chance to make them wonder if they'll shoot back or not.

X2!!

Only group the silly gun laws in this state affect and hinder are those that actually follow them. Don't get me started on our "FOID" card nonsense.

Fingers crossed for this one :macho

ben300
05-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
must be nice if we have a hand gun in canada we have to call the police before we leave home, tell them where we are going, when we will be back, and call when we return

i know a place where you can move and not have that problem...it may take four years and some paper work, but its doable:chinese:

Tommy Warren
05-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by ben300
i know a place where you can move and not have that problem...it may take four years and some paper work, but its doable:chinese:

lol no thanks....if i can't have a gun it means noone else can either.... i have some in my house to protect my house..thats all i need

Pipeless416
05-04-2011, 02:56 PM
....if i can't have a gun it means noone else can either....

it would be nice if that's the way it really works, but it's just not. somebody who follows the laws will not be the one pointing a gun at you demanding your wallet.

Aarons 01 400EX
05-04-2011, 10:35 PM
About freaking time...

Tommy Warren
05-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
it would be nice if that's the way it really works, but it's just not. somebody who follows the laws will not be the one pointing a gun at you demanding your wallet.
I've watched a man get stabbed to death but never heard of a shooting in this area;)

trailrider894
05-05-2011, 06:11 AM
I've watched a man get stabbed to death but never heard of a shooting in this area;)

The question is why you didn't do anything about it??? If you had a gun, would you have been able to save him?

trailrider894
05-05-2011, 06:11 AM

The question is why you didn't do anything about it??? If you had a gun, would you have been able to save him?

Quinn4
05-05-2011, 07:06 AM
We are on our way in Wisconsin too!!! I have to say our gov Scott Walker kicks major league ***!!

trailrider894
05-05-2011, 09:11 AM
We have it in Missouri and not near enough people take advantage of it... I am not old enough yet to have my permit becaue am not yet 21, but SO CLOSE!!! I did buy a sawn off 12 Gauge that i use for personal protection at home and when at my apartment in the city.

Pappy
05-05-2011, 06:42 PM
It will surprise me greatly if Illinios gives its citizens back the right they so deserve.

Pipeless416
05-05-2011, 06:50 PM
http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clout_st/2011/05/conceal-carry-being-debated-in-illinois-house.html

Pappy
05-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Keep up the fight and VOTE! Thats the only thing you can do that garuntees things can change.

Pipeless416
05-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Keep up the fight and VOTE! Thats the only thing you can do that garuntees things can change.

overthrow would be more like it. this state is so screwed up. also, i'm glad that the people telling the citizens that the second amendment isn't right for them are demanding more security in their office buildings.

Pappy
05-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Poor folks in Washington DC finally got back their right to own handguns....and then the only business licsensed to sell them got booted from thier place of business.

trailrider894
05-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Missouri just stalled a bill yesterday that would change the concealed carry ago to 18yr's of age... I think that it should be passed, its old *******s that don't get the point that are stopping my safety.

Pappy
05-05-2011, 07:15 PM
I never understood the "18" age deal. If you are old enough to sign yourself into the military then you should be afforded every right an "adult" has period.

Pipeless416
05-05-2011, 07:27 PM
I never understood the "18" age deal. If you are old enough to sign yourself into the military then you should be afforded every right an "adult" has period.

i'm just tired of the government telling everybody what's best for them in basically every aspect as it is lately. it's a shame that voting basically entails figuring out which of the candidates can do the least amount of damage.

Pappy
05-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Thats the cycle. Gov't gets to big and to intrusive....fueled by those that are capitalizing on it all (greed)

The left wing has forced the hand of how our country was designed....its a pivitol time.

trailrider894
05-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Ah ha, but remember unless you are 18, you can't vote..... so..... I wanna move out to some mountain cave and wear bear skin shirts and not pay income taxes, mother nature is my provider and that's all i would need.... That would be the life!!!!!!!

DnB_racing
05-06-2011, 03:46 AM
I never understood the "18" age deal. If you are old enough to sign yourself into the military then you should be afforded every right an "adult" has period. I disagree with this in some ways.. when you were 18 were you REALLY as responsible as an "adult", most 18 year old are really still kids,

when the military takes an 18 year old, they turn them into men, you see this when someone returns from service, many times they outgrew what there old friends are doing, and are much more mature then there buddies that didnt serve

Pappy
05-06-2011, 04:39 AM
You can enter in to legal binding contracts, are held to a different standard of punishment in our legal system, you make decisions that no one else can make for you at 18 (marriage etc) when you turn 18. Youre parents have no real legal say over you after turning 18...you are by defiinition an adult.

I was no more responsible at 30 then I was at 18:p but I know what you are saying. The military can instill virtue, discipline, honor and hold you accountable but you have to be the one who handles responsibility at any age.