PDA

View Full Version : starting problem

yamaharyder55
05-03-2011, 04:16 PM
I have 2 trx 450ers that are 2007s and I'm having some problems with them. The first problem is on my race quad I use to be able to crank over the motor in gear and sometimes even fire and now it doesnt crank over at all while in gear, it has to be in neutral to fire. Any idea what this could be from or where to look for a problem?
My second problem is on my practice bike I had to switch the timing chain cause it was stretched a little and I put everything back together, had the timing right, checked the decompressor and now it doesnt start only when you bump start it.
Any help would be greatly aprreciated

DnB_racing
05-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by yamaharyder55
I have 2 trx 450ers that are 2007s and I'm having some problems with them. The first problem is on my race quad I use to be able to crank over the motor in gear and sometimes even fire and now it doesnt crank over at all while in gear, it has to be in neutral to fire. Any idea what this could be from or where to look for a problem?
My second problem is on my practice bike I had to switch the timing chain cause it was stretched a little and I put everything back together, had the timing right, checked the decompressor and now it doesnt start only when you bump start it.
Any help would be greatly aprreciated the first one, when you say it doesnt crank ..
do you mean you push the button and nothing?or it just cranks but doesnt start?
if you push the button and nothing then you still have the neutral safety still hooked up and thats giving you problems, if so get rid of the switch by jumping it...

the second sounds like your valves need adjusting or maybe replacing

yamaharyder55
05-04-2011, 08:20 AM
yeah i push the button and nothing happens but fires right up in neutral. im still new to the quad so which wire is the neutral safety wire?
Alright ill check my valves out.

DnB_racing
05-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by yamaharyder55
yeah i push the button and nothing happens but fires right up in neutral. im still new to the quad so which wire is the neutral safety wire?
Alright ill check my valves out. for the not starting unless in neutral,,there is a clutch switch, that unless the clutch is in or your in neutral it wont turn over... the best thing to do is jump together the wires that go to the clutch perch