PDA

View Full Version : Street Bike Forums?

Sjorge450R
05-03-2011, 12:09 PM
So, I finally got a buying for my 450r :(, but I am trading for a 2001 CBR600F4i (has been my dream bike since I was 12)

Anyway. I am looking for some street bike forums where people there can help me out. Im not leaving this site, I will still be around just as much as I am now, but I dont want to clog the open forum up with all my bike questions. So yea, if you guys know of any good forums, let me know.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
05-03-2011, 02:08 PM
600rr.net is a GREAT site, tons and tons of info. Check out the jackets, leathers, etc section. Great info on buying gear as well as reasons to buy full gear and not to ride around in tshirts and jeans.

Sjorge450R
05-03-2011, 02:42 PM
thanks man. I've already order some riding gear but only things that I know will fit. This bike will probably be my DD for the summer time months as long as the weather is nice. I just cant wait to go pick it up on Saturday.

Does anyone else have any other recommendations for sites?

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
05-03-2011, 02:49 PM
I had a 600RR I used as a daily for a while and my recommendation is wear all your gear at all times. It gets pretty hot here in Utah and I had all perforated leather, it still got pretty hot at a stop light but when I was moving it wasn't to bad. I'd rather be a little sweaty when I get off my bike then rashed or dead. I recommend some full length boots, don't buy shorty's.

I'm looking for a new bike but can't find anything for a decent price at this moment.

motox_rider695
05-03-2011, 03:30 PM
stuntlife.com?

there's tons of forums on the net but 600rr.net is your best bet..

glad im not the only one who is selling their quad for a street bike

Sjorge450R
05-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by motox_rider695
stuntlife.com?

there's tons of forums on the net but 600rr.net is your best bet..

glad im not the only one who is selling their quad for a street bike

I sold my quad because I just dont have the funds to haul it 2+ hours just to ride. Then on top of parts breaking and routine maintenance, it just wasnt a good idea to keep it any more. I figure the bike will satisfy my riding desires and take them to the next level. I have a lot of good road riding near me that is basically 100% car free most of the time.

miller821
05-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Congrats on the purchase, i've got an '04 F4I and love it...

http://cbrforum.com/forum/

This site has a lot of information, and the F4I section has a lot of traffic.

Sjorge450R
05-03-2011, 06:57 PM
wow. That site does have quite a bit of traffic. I cant wait to pick this us. I havent been this excited since I got my drivers lencese back in Oct of 06, which was the same day I bought my 450r....

I am hoping I have enough time to get the thing tagged and registered and insured all on saturday. I may get the vin number to start the insurance policy so I can definitely ride it on saturday. I will be sure to post plenty of pics too. :chinese: