PDA

View Full Version : cooling fan not working

rippy
05-02-2011, 09:15 PM
alright i have been reading alot of stuff on here about the cooling fans. I have grounded out the new sensor, fan still does not kick on, i have took all the brake swithches off and disconnected them and took the headlights off and condincer because i don't need them for what i do. I have a vortex ignition on there does that have anything to do with the fan not coming on? This is a 04.

DnB_racing
05-03-2011, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by rippy
alright i have been reading alot of stuff on here about the cooling fans. I have grounded out the new sensor, fan still does not kick on, i have took all the brake swithches off and disconnected them and took the headlights off and condincer because i don't need them for what i do. I have a vortex ignition on there does that have anything to do with the fan not coming on? This is a 04. if you removed the condenser, then you probably took the fan out of the circuit, the fan and lites are all part of the auxiliary circuit that the condenser feeds,

as long as you still have the reg/rec feeding the red wire that needs to be spliced to the black for the fan to work

also make sure the green from the other side of fan going to cdi might need to be moved..... or*idea not sure but check* green from reg/rec needs to go to the common grounds from ground connector, when you removed the condenser, maybe the ground isn't connected to anything anymore

look at pic with red arrows and see if you have these wires hooked up