PDA

View Full Version : case reinforcing

hartwill
05-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Anybody on here have any great ideas to reinforce our cases around the shifter? I figure with all of the engineers on this forum we can come up with something... good oems are getting few and far, not to mention the cost..

C-LEIGH RACING
05-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Yes I can,
its called a chain guide mounted to the swingarm to guide the chain onto the rear sprocket.
That is the reason why a 250R throws a chain & wads it up between the front sprocket & swingarm, no guide on the stock Honda swingarm.

Swingarm bearings worn & no guide for the chain, git out the pocket book.
Neil

hartwill
05-02-2011, 07:14 PM
I know, I don't use a chain guide because Stock swinger doesn't have one. Instead I bought the inner and outer sprocket guards from GtThunder. It works great and acts as a chain guide but I always have that "what if?" In the back of my head since the first time it broke..

J250r
05-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by hartwill
I know, I don't use a chain guide because Stock swinger doesn't have one. Instead I bought the inner and outer sprocket guards from GtThunder. It works great and acts as a chain guide but I always have that "what if?" In the back of my head since the first time it broke..

Having any type of "what if" feeling while riding is a terrible thing to have. It kind of takes the fun out of it

86 Quad R
05-03-2011, 08:24 AM
shop the net for the front case saver that incorperates the shifter shaft as part of the protection.

http://www.nossmachine.com/250cs2.jpg

DnB_racing
05-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
shop the net for the front case saver that incorperates the shifter shaft as part of the protection.

http://www.nossmachine.com/250cs2.jpg this type in a plastic is the best type

C-LEIGH RACING
05-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Running without a chain guide on the swingarm is a desaster waiting to happen.

Understand though, that is one of Hondas built in failure points on the ol 250R, transmission gears as well.
Throw a chain, buy a case, throw a chain, buy a case, see what I'm saying.
Neil