PDA

View Full Version : jetting ideas?

honda716
05-02-2011, 08:17 AM
I have an 07 450er wit sparks exhaust, intake, and jet kit right now, i recently got vertex 12.5 piston ans stage 1 hotcam and i think its running a little rich, have any ideas on the correct jetting i need. and info will be nice thanks.

DnB_racing
05-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by honda716
I have an 07 450er wit sparks exhaust, intake, and jet kit right now, i recently got vertex 12.5 piston ans stage 1 hotcam and i think its running a little rich, have any ideas on the correct jetting i need. and info will be nice thanks. whats your plug look like after a plug chop?

putting in a 12.5 piston and cam really shouldn't change your jetting requirements

what makes you say its running rich?
and at what throttle position are there problems?
is your airfilter clean?are you running old fuel?and have you taken carb apart and cleaned with carb cleaner and air hose?

I would make sure your airfilter is spotless,find out at which throttle position there is a problem and what that problem is( if bogging like a false rev limiter or breaking down and popping)and pick up a couple brand new plugs and do a plug chop!

then report back with as much info as possible, filter, fuel, elevation, Temp, color of chopped plug, throttle position of problem, type of symptoms,current jet sizes, type of needle and position of clip,
and any other info to help, we could offer a guess,at sizes, but that's all it would be is a guess..any two machines side by side with equal mods can be different,

the most reliable way is to do a plug chop with a clean carb, filter, and new fuel