PDA

View Full Version : a-arms and machined 400 hubs

wnyoaracer
05-02-2011, 04:55 AM
hey guys had first race yesterday a hare scramble an when i pit riding alit the aarms were really noisy an have to take them part grease but i figured cuz its too wide for hare scrambles i would just replace the aarms so if u could tell me would aarms r cheat an good i want them at least a in short an if anybody could tell me i want to put 400z hubs on it too make axle short if anybody could tell me how to do that thanks in advance

300WheelyKing
05-26-2011, 06:39 AM
I have this exact setup on my woods bike and i race AA so it works great. Call houser and buy there xc long travel arms. U will need long travel shocks that are 18 3/8 inchs, nothing longer, they put the ball joints in a bind. For the rear all u need is to cut down the hubs but there is a recess on the inside of the hub. For this you can shim it with a washer or try to have the recess matched. Call Shaun Hess though to order he has the best prices period.I am not sponsored by him but tell him Travis Austin sent u.

Shaun Hess/ Deals on wheels
940-736-8717

nkillian9
05-26-2011, 11:53 AM
shawn hess is he the one that races in the arkansas hare scrambles some, white and green honda?

300WheelyKing
05-26-2011, 12:25 PM
White green and purple with Hess Motorsports on the side. That's him, that's who u need as a friend :)

nkillian9
05-27-2011, 02:56 AM
yea a couple years ago i pitted by him and had to borrow some tools sweet set up on a toy hauler, walked in and above my head was a mint honda just like the one he races ready to go, it wasnt your average toy hauler it was and big rig,

300WheelyKing
05-29-2011, 10:21 AM
oh yeah. the best thing about him is that he always willing to help.