PDA

View Full Version : uh oh...battery box broke

number12
05-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Well, I guess you can call up proud parents. My son's raptor gave birth to a new battery last night. I am not sure of the weight or length but we are looking at battery box options. I have seen some of the really nice air box/ battery box options but I have kind of spent my limit for now. Does anyone have a low buck solution that we could try? I think I have a 300 EX battery box here that might fit with some mods. I know that the 250 battery is smaller but I might have to buy a new battery anyway by the looks of things. I wonder if that bigger battery would turn over the motor a little easier??

Thanks in advance.

leager-n-ky
05-05-2011, 06:44 PM
I have a stock one i would sell you.

number12
05-09-2011, 07:12 PM
The 300 EX box seems to be working out really well. I will let you know if it fails. I will buy yours and add some support.

Thanks

raidernut
05-13-2011, 01:16 PM
I have a brand new take off one for sale as well.

number12
05-29-2011, 05:12 AM
I have an update for you all. I put in the 300 EX battery box with a few modifications (bent the mounting brackets). It broke. I welded the mounting tab back on and fabricated a thin metal strap to run from one side to the other under the battery and it seemed to work fine last night.

hwf-racing
05-29-2011, 06:21 AM
What did you do with your rev box and all the extras that go in that box? CFM makes a real nice box that all the componets fit in! It does not allow for the bigger battery is the only drawback, However, ther is this new battery out that is as smaller than the Raptor stock battery and only weighs like 2-3 lbs and is super powerful for arond 150.00. the name slips my mind but this little battery is bad ***.