PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Basket????????????????????

Fast470r
05-01-2011, 04:58 PM
I took out the clutches and plates and noticed some movement in the clutch basket with the clutch hub in place, is this normal i have a lot of noise coming from the trans could this be my noise?

DnB_racing
05-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Fast470r
I took out the clutches and plates and noticed some movement in the clutch basket with the clutch hub in place, is this normal i have a lot of noise coming from the trans could this be my noise? its not unusual to have play in the stock basket,
this means your rubber bushings are starting to get worn! on the stock they arnt replaceable and you have to replace the basket, but unless they are real bad you still have some hours left on it

and this shouldn't be causing any noise it would give more of a hard clutch engagement... not a real smooth take off but more of a quick jerk

Fast470r
05-01-2011, 09:38 PM
I was looking into getting a new basket but boy it has a lot of side to side movement the gear on the back what dose that operate the kick starter or what. Cant make up my mind on Barnett or Hinson steel one. Whats your take? Oh and I did switch to Rotella in both sides 15-40 in trans T6 5-40 motor.

DnB_racing
05-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Fast470r
I was looking into getting a new basket but boy it has a lot of side to side movement the gear on the back what dose that operate the kick starter or what. Cant make up my mind on Barnett or Hinson steel one. Whats your take? Oh and I did switch to Rotella in both sides 15-40 in trans T6 5-40 motor. the stock 450 clutch isn't a bad stock clutch!I dont use the judder spring, and I use heaver springs,
but its still not that cheap, but its still cheaper the a hinson,

I have never used a barnett, but I have used hinson, and I did like it!
but its not like I got any more time out of the hinson, and the stock with the mods I mentioned got me just as much clutch engagement as the more expensive hinson,

for my money I go stock, and I replace plates and discs ever season, and inner and outer every 2-3 seasons, and I really didnt get anymore time from the hinson

Fast470r
05-02-2011, 11:29 PM
As far as clutches I'm going with the sparks kit i believe it is a oem with a extra friction and springs, but the basket I'm going with Barnett found one for 179 I like the stainless inserts it has. Mine dose have some grooving on the basket and hub so might do something about that too. As far as Hinson clutches i don't like the price and the fact it has aluminum plates, hell that might not make a difference but figure they'd expand. But for a 100 for springs and clutches cant argue although the Barnett's are only 125 they might come with new plates to unlike Sparks.