PDA

View Full Version : Fcr carb cable

thebig450es
05-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Im buying an FCR 39mm carb from gt thunder, do i use my stock throttle cable with the fcr carb? Thanks

NacsMXer
05-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Your PM box is full

I have not tried the stock cable, but I doubt it would work.

The Sparks Racing/Sudco FCR's use a custom made throttle cable from Motion Pro. I just got a new one from Sparks. You can contact either to purchase one.

ish416
05-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Im running an 06+ Honda 450R throttle cable on my FCR.

thebig450es
05-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Laz just emailed me back and it comes with a cable, so all is good. Thanks for the responses

IMSROLL450R
05-02-2011, 01:52 PM
I am runnin a 39mm and my throttle i soooooo stiff. Any ideas on how to loosen it up? Do they make a different spring for the fcr? Everything is new but ita just too stiff to ride for long.

NacsMXer
05-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by IMSROLL450R
I am runnin a 39mm and my throttle i soooooo stiff. Any ideas on how to loosen it up? Do they make a different spring for the fcr? Everything is new but ita just too stiff to ride for long.

Mine is a little tougher than stock but not by much at all. Definitely not stiff.

Is your cable lubed? Running it dry can cause a stiffer feeling. I use Motion Pro's cable lube manufactured by Redline synthetic oils. Keeps all my cables super slick. You can also use good old silicone spray as an alternative, works great as well.

There's also some $20 throttle return spring for FCR's on Ebay i've seen that is supposed to lighten the pull. Don't know if it will work with your particular FCR carb though. You could message the seller and ask..

SHIFTx450
05-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Mine got way easier and a way shorter pull when I just swapped to my 39mm fcr! But I also used the 450r cable and entire thumb throttle assembly. Try and locating a whole new thumb throttle box and cable, it feels like a way shorter action.. I have absolutely ZERO complaints about my recent carb swap and totally believe it is a MUST HAVE mod for any serious 400ex owner.