PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate Lock!

TravEX
02-19-2003, 02:28 PM
no more feeling bad about leaving my quad in the back of my truck in public,,,i just ordered this today, http://www.bmecovers.com/dynokeyedtailgatelock.html

cheetah
02-19-2003, 02:38 PM
I would still take every precaution I could, you can never be too secure. Looks like a good product though. Tell us how it works out.

flyin#5
02-19-2003, 02:49 PM
you should try and do a review one it!

Doibugu2
02-19-2003, 02:50 PM
Thats standard on the newer Fords. Is was very reissuring.

trueblue450
02-19-2003, 02:59 PM
If someone wants your quad they will just pic the dang thing up outta there... believe me. Im sure there are people in here can vouch for that..

Str8Wicked
02-19-2003, 03:02 PM
It's stamdard on my Avi. It came with a lock but I had a friend who built a banchee for the dunes. Maybe about 14,000 in it at least. This thing was sweet. Had it pad locked inside the bed with the rear blocked by another SUV and the front blocked by his house. Of coarse int he morning it was gone and it seemed the only way possible for them to have gotten it out was to cut the lock and actually get a crane or winch and lift it straight out of the bed. I told him all the trouble he went through locking it up, he should've just un loaded it and loaded it back in the morning.

The moral of the story is, no matter what... If someone is watching your stuff and wants it... They'll get it.....

TravEX
02-19-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by 300EX_Man
If someone wants your quad they will just pic the dang thing up outta there... believe me. Im sure there are people in here can vouch for that..

your right, but it will make it more difficult,,,plus i have a Viper alarm on my truck, that helps also,,,