PDA

View Full Version : headpipe glowing lol

55stone
04-28-2011, 09:34 PM
bought another 450r a little while ago and just got around to putting a full exhuast on it. i bought it used on here and its in great shape. anyways put it on (yes i rejetted) and let the bike idol for like a min and that thing was glowing really good up on the head pipe.. i dont know if the guy that owned it before cleaned it with something wried or what. its a pretty new pipe(low hours).. anyways freaked me out a little lol... and like stated i know the jetting isnt lean if anything its way rich.. but just thought i would share.. after i shut it off and let it cool i went and rode it around slowly and everything was good after that.. just wanted to share..

ss440ex
04-29-2011, 04:37 AM
Check the idle mixture screw....Try turning it out alittle.

jpfmotors
04-29-2011, 01:15 PM
that useally means that you are running lean at idle I would bump up your pilot one size if the mixture screw is out 3 turns or more

exrider12
04-29-2011, 11:22 PM
This question has been asked many times.. If its an after market pipe they use a thinner metal and the head pipe will glow at night. It happens alot. No worries

55stone
04-30-2011, 08:41 AM
ya im not to worried about it idol screw is 2 out and pilot is a 50 already and all the bike has is a full motoworks pipe and a filter... it was just crazy never seen a headpipe actually do that lol

exrider12
04-30-2011, 12:04 PM
It is pretty cool to see haha. You can almost watch the hot exhaust move through the pipe. But its normal so dont worry ;)