PDA

View Full Version : choke issues

JamesVT
04-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Just bought a 2003 Predator 90 for my daughters, it was sitting for a year before i bought it, so i emptied the gas out, cleaned the carb, and replaced air filter. When I start it up, if it is not choked, the motor sounds choked meaning it revs up and down at idle, however, when i push the choke lever over to full choke, it idles smooth...... I am just looking to get it idling properly, not sure if the problem is within the choke or not. Another note, when the choke is not applied, i have a full power range, and it runs good, however, when the choke is applied it will just die out with litle to no power. Any help would be appreciated.

jetta75
04-28-2011, 09:44 PM
Sounds like the pilot jet is still clogged since it idles good with choke on. I soak the jets in brake cleaner.

chris p.
04-29-2011, 07:45 PM
yeah,what jetta said.triple check the pilot and make sure the small holes on the sides of the jet are perfectly clean.disassemble entire carb and soak for awhile and then blow out every passage with compressed air.you also may want to consider getting rid of oil injection.never trusted that stuff.also,if it was sitting, make sure no mice built a nest in the exhaust.let us know how you make out.