PDA

View Full Version : 80 footer **** yeah

nick23
02-19-2003, 01:35 PM
**** yeah bia

YLW400
02-19-2003, 01:39 PM
:eek: , you have any more pics dude? Some pretty sick air there. Keep em' comin.

nick23
02-19-2003, 01:42 PM
i am looking

nick23
02-19-2003, 01:43 PM
here r some

nick23
02-19-2003, 01:44 PM

YLW400
02-19-2003, 01:46 PM
Where is that track? My gonads aren't big enough to jump stuff that big...lol

nick23
02-19-2003, 01:48 PM
pymatuning holeshot raceway

YLW400
02-19-2003, 01:50 PM
:huh What state is it in? Ohio?

Bart
02-19-2003, 02:08 PM
What gear (or speed) do you need to clear a jump that big?

nick23
02-19-2003, 02:19 PM
it is just inside pa from ohio and i hit that jump at about 4th gear half throttlw with a 440stroker motor

TravEX
02-19-2003, 02:22 PM
great pics

Pappy
02-19-2003, 02:23 PM
lookin good nick!!!:D

racerx573
02-19-2003, 02:33 PM
one word....SIC!@!:cool:

nick23
02-19-2003, 02:36 PM
haha...hopefully some one will look at my pics and give me some free *****

TRXMaddness
02-19-2003, 02:39 PM
I will have to use the same word "sic". I'm not even sure about jumping 20 footers let alone a 80 footer. Awesome though nick

400exBro
02-19-2003, 02:41 PM
nick where the **** is that???

i want to come out and video tape you man....

send him (nick) a get well card... becasue he is SICCKK!!!!!

man that is huge i would never imgine my self jumping that....

are you going to race at red bud this year??
if so i'll catch up with ya and video tape ya...

nick23
02-19-2003, 02:43 PM
thanks guys...this is in pymtuning pa...it is just inside the border of ohio...i htink i am going to redbud but i hope i don't get protested becouse i am only 15...so ya...u know...if i win the class i race someone is going to cry...u know

02-19-2003, 02:55 PM
Your not even old enough to use cuss words,,,but nice pics..;)

What do you do for a living??? Or better yet..what do you do to make money,,I've seen your quad and it's nice..

rookiex
02-19-2003, 03:27 PM
They have a jump just like that at wild wilderness race way I do but its a triple.But the face of that landin looks MEAN.you case the SOB and your done. NICE DUDE....Come race some D 11 cuz I wanna ride with you man:D ...

nick23
02-19-2003, 03:37 PM
hahaha..yeah.....i am 15 and i have a lot of spoceres both money and parts/labor......not to brag..i amreally trying to no

rookiex
02-19-2003, 04:01 PM
I broke my leg on a 110 foot table top and BOOOY did it hurt....I did it one time.....And then tried it again and it was all over...lol I wanted to get that extra foot outta the jump you know how it is...and that extra foot was my flat land flip roll surgery lol

Ryan
02-19-2003, 04:04 PM
Sweet Pictures :cool: ! When I get my new ride i'll be starting small jumps and hopefully work my way up to that chit!:eek:

nick23
02-19-2003, 04:07 PM
last season was my first season racing...my first time doing that jump was in july

Ryan
02-19-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by nick23
last season was my first season racing...my first time doing that jump was in july

How long have you been riding for and what class are you racing in?

nick23
02-19-2003, 04:12 PM
i have been rideing for about 2 total years and i race the local pro..not sure national

blood red
02-19-2003, 04:16 PM
Here in oregon we have a 120ft tripple. People are constantly getting hurt on it. I'll try to get some pics. of it here soon. Oh boy, here comes racin' season. Oh yea, Nice air.

rookiex
02-19-2003, 04:26 PM
I wanna ride that Track now that double looks PHAT....4th gear huh...long ***** run way then...Thats the thing when you get moving like that and you hit you might think your gonna hit hard but it's not really that hard because your moving so fast.I have a 70 footer on my practice track out back and the first time I hit it I thought I was gonna get broke but the speed just seems to suck up the blow its like you skim from one side to the other...smaller jumps hurt more than big jumps lol.

nick23
02-19-2003, 04:42 PM
well right before that big double there is and 80 foot step up so u carry 3rd around the corner and then hit forth in the straight b4 the double...here is the step-up

nick23
02-19-2003, 04:43 PM
here is another veiw of the double....800 foot baby

Nausty
02-19-2003, 04:48 PM
lol, the jump in my sig is about 80ft halfway down the landing and is all I got is shocks. lol. Anyways nice pics. Big jumps are fun ain't they?

http://links.exriders.com/albums/album20/test_005.sized.jpg

Str8Wicked
02-19-2003, 05:27 PM
you guys are sic in the head... lol

:eek: :eek: :eek:

trx400ex
02-19-2003, 05:39 PM
Dang those first 2 were huge, and your only 15!!!

nick23
02-19-2003, 05:57 PM
hahaha...yeah...last season was my first season ever racing or jumping

Ryan
02-19-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by nick23
hahaha...yeah...last season was my first season ever racing or jumping

What were you jumping before that? You really cetch on quick don't ya ;) .

flyin#5
02-19-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
lol, the jump in my sig is about 80ft halfway down the landing and is all I got is shocks. lol. Anyways nice pics. Big jumps are fun ain't they?

http://links.exriders.com/albums/album20/test_005.sized.jpg

i hope you have shocks! lol i think you meant stock shocks.

up here we have a nice track with and 80ft table. its really cool to see ppl hit it. it also shoots you way up in the air and you can hit it with bearly any speed and get almost half way there.

250x#93
02-19-2003, 06:19 PM
Sweeet

02-19-2003, 06:55 PM
Dont worry nick, i'll be doing that this year. We'll be taking on CRA with full throttle. We gotta hook up and ride dude. I'll pick you up since youre only 15. hehe. Hit me up on IM sometime. You gonna race 4 stroke this year again?

nick23
02-19-2003, 07:11 PM
yeah man...i told you that on aol....me and you r going to battle the points

Nausty
02-19-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by flyin_400EX
i hope you have shocks! lol i think you meant stock shocks.

up here we have a nice track with and 80ft table. its really cool to see ppl hit it. it also shoots you way up in the air and you can hit it with bearly any speed and get almost half way there.

lol, I guess we both have a lot in comon. We are both fast learners. I was gonna hit a 90ft triple this year but got injured before I did it and I did tons of test runs and cased it a few time going a little to fast trying to get a feel for it. That jump looks like a blast. Most of the jumps around here never launch you strait and when its good one weekend by the next its gonna be full of rutts and all tore down but I guess its gonna help in the long run. I hope to pull a no foot can and a couple of other tricks i've never seen before but I can kinda feel em' out on the quad. I can't wait tell this racing season, I hope i'll be able to get a carb and maybe a axle this year and maybe a few more parts if my dad wants to help out and I hope to be in A class next year. Man I wish my quad looked like yours.

Heres the 90ft triple i'm regretting not hitting, the landing is a lil past the picture but you get the idea. Grrr i've been so mad at myself lately. I can't wait tell I break the 100ft mark. Man I cased the triple so many times trying to get a feel for it too. 4th gear 1/3 throttle.
http://links.exriders.com/albums/album20/test_4_003.sized.jpg

muff
02-20-2003, 07:25 AM
wow thats some nasty air, I'd like to ride there but its a little ways for me, over 8 hr drive

who says you cant have fun on stock shocks?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/p7fde2c11b32cef5676121f7e8dae7b62/fcc1b208.jpg

trueblue450
02-20-2003, 08:12 AM
I hit the jump nausty did on my 300 stock shocks.. Its a nice landing.

02-20-2003, 08:15 AM
nausty, that 90 ft jump pic u posted looks like it would be hard to clear cuz ur so low

muff
02-20-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by 300EX_Man
I hit the jump nausty did on my 300 stock shocks.. Its a nice landing.

long jumps have much nicer landings then high jumps
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid47/p13d247b755643d9341619d6aa92b16c4/fcc1b50d.jpg

Sparks425Ex
02-20-2003, 11:07 AM
Hey Nausty: That jump needs to be shortened and made taller. Dang that is about the longest jump I have ever seen that low ot the ground... The Double Lander is deff way to small....

I hear what yas saying about trying to break 100 ft. Last year I was wacking teh crap outta a 110ft table in 4 gear taped. I still have yet to make it....I have to retire the idea due toa cracked frame last year. My new found power in my Sparks engine abd new Elkas better get me over that dang table this year....

Nice Pic...

airheadedduner
02-20-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by blood red
Here in oregon we have a 120ft tripple. People are constantly getting hurt on it. I'll try to get some pics. of it here soon. Oh boy, here comes racin' season. Oh yea, Nice air.

Where is that at?? They say the one at albany is 120ft(cycle ****ry jump) but I have walked and it looks less then 100ft to me. The triple in the back corner is like 70 feet but it is weak.

blood red
02-20-2003, 03:52 PM
Yea, Cycle country jump, they call it a tripple but really its a step-up to me. I haven't measured it personally, but they say it is 120.

breaks-alot
02-20-2003, 03:55 PM
HEY NICK! I know you!! I met you one day at Holeshot with Matt Bartosek this summer. Remember? I'm Cappitina's neighbor. Good friends with Matt, Blonde hair, Got a yellow 400. I just recently turned 16 though. My name is Ben Gunter. I spoke at Matt's funeral if you were there. And I have tried the back double also, but I tried in 3rd wide open with a COMPLETLY STOCK 400. All I had was beadlocks. Anyway I hit the face of the landing and got 6 stitches in my forehead! lol that’s why Matt and I were friends, its because I do dumb **** like that. I can’t wait for Mark to hook me up with some shocks though so I can clear that *****. We need to ride sometime man, I use to go ridding with Matt about 4 times a week in the summer and now that he's gone I don't know who to ride with!!! Capp doesn’t like to ride that much. Do you have ICQ or AOL or MSN? I'll give you my name for anyone of them, I prefer ICQ though, I’m on that one the most. I got more pics of that double jump somewhere; I’ll post them for you guys. Sorry guys the huge step-up is gone now. But then again there would only be like 3 out of the thousands of people on this site that could make that thing. I've even seen Matt pass someone on that thing Nick! Now talk about something being ****ing badass... Alright later bro,

The Ben Gunter

nick23
02-20-2003, 03:59 PM
haha..cool man...my aol name is yellowex23 ..hit me up man....i was pretty good friends with matt too..u going to be at indoors?...i will be there

DaveEX7
02-20-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
nausty, that 90 ft jump pic u posted looks like it would be hard to clear cuz ur so low

I agree with you and Nacs425ex.... looks like its a speed jump, not air, but hey if its not and he just jumped it wrong... well hope ya dont do a nad-gas tank tap when you case it:devil , j/k nice jump anyway

Nausty
02-20-2003, 05:17 PM
lol if your talking about the triple yeah I never cleared that one yet. In the picture I am just doing the double but most of the time I just flat landed betweein the 2nd and 3rd landing. Sorry if I said it wrong. I've come close to landing on the table top part of the triple many times but got hurt before I got a chance to do it. Anyways that downhill double is a blast, you come out of the corner third gear pinned and you just float in the air for a while. It is scary cuz the jump is so small it tends to buck you differant directions. Plus the gap pry starts at 40ft and goes all the way to 90ft at the very bottem so its easy to work up to farther distances. My farthest on it is pry a lil' more than 80'. I hit that one with 3rd gear pinned to the max.

I was surpised to see 300ex man hit it. He was landing on the flat part of the landing but still pretty impressive imo.

honda400exrider
02-20-2003, 05:21 PM
yeah i think ill have to give my testicles some time to grow b4 i hit stuff like that:devil :p :p :p

Nausty
02-20-2003, 05:28 PM
lol its not scarey, you just gotta start small and keep hitting bigger jumps as time passes and you'll be clearing big jumps before you relize it.

flyin#5
02-20-2003, 06:01 PM
the 80fter at where i ride is so tempting to just goose it and fly but i know i will throw my pogo sticks throught my pos quad... so ive got to get a better quad before i try and clear that thing. that 90 looks like a nice jump for distance but nacsex is right not much pop too it. those are fun though.

mxdave28
02-23-2003, 09:58 AM
Hey Nick whats up?? for those of you watching this post nick is a sic fool! :devil i watched him race everytime i go out there, and he is a fast learner. for those of ya close to Pa the town is Linesville, Pa and the track is Pymatuning Holeshot Raceway. Their web site is www.pymatuningholeshotraceway.com it is a CRA track so you'll need that but no big deal to get it. and just to throw something in since we like big pics. that is me at countyline motocross its only 60' but close enough and yes i did land on the downside. :macho :blah

DaveEX7
02-23-2003, 10:28 AM
What part of PA is that track in?

mxdave28
02-23-2003, 10:37 AM
north west Pa...... other town somewhat close by are erie, meadville, conneaut lake.....Crawford county if that helps at all if not i could try and put a pic of a map on here for ya:D thats of course your talking about Pymatuning race track and not the track my pic is??

DaveEX7
02-23-2003, 10:42 AM
Im talkin about the one of you doin the 60 footer, the pic thats about 3 posts ago.

I wished I lived closer. I like towards Scranton, and you say the track is somewhere near Erie:mad:

mxdave28
02-23-2003, 10:48 AM
Good lord yea your clear on the other side of the state man. it would be at least a 4 hr drive for you But! the track i was giving you ares near was Pyma....the track that the pic of me is near Titusville,Pa which is closer to you by a good 30 miles give or take. we are planning a ride at that track coming soon actually. If your interested in going Pm me and i can give ya a little more info about that and the track if ya want.

trueblue450
02-24-2003, 09:19 AM
I was landing bout right here. And I believe I acually got my works on at the time. But it doesn't give you air at all. Hey Nausty we gotta hit that track again sometime. I think with some more power i could hit that triple. You were gettin damn close. It would have been a hell of a lot softer if you would have just hit it instead of casing that bad boy. :D

Nausty
02-24-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by 300EX_Man
I was landing bout right here. And I believe I acually got my works on at the time. But it doesn't give you air at all. Hey Nausty we gotta hit that track again sometime. I think with some more power i could hit that triple. You were gettin damn close. It would have been a hell of a lot softer if you would have just hit it instead of casing that bad boy. :D

Yeah we gotta ride there again, thats my favorite track. I wish it would get nicer out. Yeah I knew I could of cleared the triple but in case I did crash I didn't want to tear up my bike or get hurt so that I couldn't ride the day after. Then as I think you know I went out for one more jump and came strait at the downhill jump from Joes driveway and hit it 3rd maxed out. Sorry 300ex man but I don't think you were going that far unless you started going farther after I left to the hospital. I think your best was right where it starts to go down hill which is still very impressive imo.http://exriders.com/vbb/images/icons/icon14.gif

Did you ever see the guy endo on the triple? I think he ended up going to the hospital that day.

Mitch400EX
02-24-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by blood red
Yea, Cycle country jump, they call it a tripple but really its a step-up to me. I haven't measured it personally, but they say it is 120.

You guys have any pics of these jumps in oregon?

Narly R
02-24-2003, 09:05 PM
What............... jumps in oregon??? Who unleashed the shovel, I only know of like 3 tracks! Lets see em!!!!!!!!

mxracer89
02-25-2003, 06:23 PM
i think if you have some good experices riding and jumping quads then the only thing stoping you is you.....the only way your going to do a jump is just do it....no matter how many times you go over a jump nothing is going to chang tell you just try it...it helps to have the right quad to...and there is no limits for enny one...because you brakeing them one day you think that this 20 foot is your limit then you jumping 30 you keep braking you limits so there is no limits to enny one.

Nausty
02-25-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by mxracer89
no matter how many times you go over a jump nothing is going to chang tell you just try it...

On big jumps I don't feel comfortable just going out there and hitting in 4th gear pinned and hoping I will launch right and land in the right spot. Before I ever go for a big jump i'm not use to I spend a lot of time getting the feel for the rutts and how unpredictable it is and getting used to how it throws you. Its just plain stupid to look at a jump and say "I can do it" and go hit it not knowing anything about the jump or what your gonna expect it to do. If your doing 80ft plus jumps, if you crash you could be out for a couple months and i'd much rather play it safe and come back in a another week when I feel comfortable with it. And a lot of people seem to think you can tell how good a rider is by how far they jumped... Which imo is stupid because is all it takes is some chance and you may of had no control of what your doing. I find myself getting much better at jumps just by learning to whip the quad around and purposefully hit the ramps wrong and then react to it in the air to land right so that the procedures become instinct and you don't just panic in the air when it goes wrong. Thats jmo.

heres a pic of me doing a no footed turn down, I hope do be able to do a switch no footed can turndown by fall 03. But i'm gotta get the no foot can down pat.
http://links.exriders.com/albums/album20/test_2_003.sized.jpg

mxracer89
02-25-2003, 08:01 PM
nausty you said....i think that it is stupid just to look at a jump and say ya i can do and jump it........well my friend thats what superates the men from the boys!

mxracer89
02-25-2003, 08:05 PM
sorry spelled that rong....seperate.....im 16 and suck at spelling bad sorry

Nausty
02-25-2003, 10:18 PM
i'm not saying don't be a sissy and you are right sometimes you do need to nut up and jump the thing but its just not smart to do it if your not ready for it.

nick23
03-07-2003, 07:35 PM
bump

rookiex
03-08-2003, 11:35 PM
I was forced to hit a 60 foot double my first day of racing, second time ever on a track. that race day. It was practice and I was out there and people where jumpin over me and stuff and it scared me too , so I fallowed a guy up going nearly the same speed as him and hit the jump right with him and landed almost in the same spot a little futher back and a little to the side but after that day when I followed that guy everything just seemed alot easier to me.Now when I find myself at a 80 ft double and I am at a race I fallow someone at 4th gear right behind them well not right there but enough to keep up. and I clear it I will always remember to hit that style jump with that type of lip like the way I hit it when I fallowed that guy up.

Thats just my way of doing things.

DaveEX7
03-11-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by rookiex
I was forced to hit a 60 foot double my first day of racing, second time ever on a track. that race day. It was practice and I was out there and people where jumpin over me and stuff and it scared me too , so I fallowed a guy up going nearly the same speed as him and hit the jump right with him and landed almost in the same spot a little futher back and a little to the side but after that day when I followed that guy everything just seemed alot easier to me.Now when I find myself at a 80 ft double and I am at a race I fallow someone at 4th gear right behind them well not right there but enough to keep up. and I clear it I will always remember to hit that style jump with that type of lip like the way I hit it when I fallowed that guy up.

Thats just my way of doing things.

I like doin it that way also..... if you dont think you can clear a jump and ur behind a guy that can, just go the same speed on the side and do what he does, and if he really had no clue what he was doin and you both wreck, well you'l know better.:devil