PDA

View Full Version : Stock sprocket size yfz450r?

Jessem24
04-28-2011, 08:42 AM
what are the stock sprocket sizes on the new yfz450r? i have a 09. mainly interested in the rear size. with 18 in tires, i want to go down 3 teeth on rear but need to know stock size. :confused: thanks

Kovatch
04-28-2011, 11:23 AM
14F
38R

Rocky mountain has a section on stock "specs."

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/machineSpecs.do

I don't think there is anything smaller than a 36 in the back. You can increase the front to a 15 which equals 3 teeth in the rear. Or set up a combo you like. You can go +1/-1 on the front and +2/-2 on there rear. Anything smaller on the rear and you might not be able to do it because of the hub sproket.

fastazzraptor
04-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Just curious what are most guys runnin on the R for mx? I actually think I like the stock gearing

Kovatch
04-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Depends on the track. On two local tracks, I find that if i downshift in the air to use the motor to slow me down b/f a sharp turn I am always near the top of 2nd, but 3rd lugs just a bit. A real tough spot. Other tracks stock seems just fine. I think it comes down to just going faster, not using second, and powersliding the hell outta the turns.

At the Nationals, I like do like the stock gearing, but might consider going down a tooth in the rear to get a little more speed out of the gears.

I'm staying stock for now.