PDA

View Full Version : GNCC Class structure for 2011

FISH ON!
04-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Well, we're four races in and I'm curious what folks think about the new class structure in GNCC this year? Wow what a turn out of shifters!! I like the number of riders on the front row but wish there was as many on the second row. I haven't heard if GNCC is going to do any changes mid stream with some classes having less than 10 racers. We thought we would be on our shifter so I pushed for the shifter class but we ended up on the old CVT.......my kind of luck. Yamaha has a strong showing in the number of their quads in the top ten overall...... kind of surprised me.

Anybody else have any thoughts?

edwardsp&b
04-27-2011, 06:25 PM
So is there a mod class now? Could we run the Jb in a class? If so Ben wants to run one. He said that he wanted to run one with yall but he said "He wanted Mr Todd to GNCC up his quad because Daddy doesnt know about that!" The things these kids come up with amazes me sometimes.
Bryan

FISH ON!
04-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b
So is there a mod class now? Could we run the Jb in a class? If so Ben wants to run one. He said that he wanted to run one with yall but he said "He wanted Mr Todd to GNCC up his quad because Daddy doesnt know about that!" The things these kids come up with amazes me sometimes.
Bryan

Zach and I got a good laugh out of Ben's vote of confidence, Thanks Ben !! No, we were not successful in getting hybrids approved for GNCC and they were pretty clear that they have no interest in it. I wish they would reconsider that stance. I believe we would pick up some new competitors.

Todd

mmsoup
04-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Todd I hope I don't stir up a hornet's nest but the quantity of Yamaha's along with the age of the riders probably plays a bigger role in the results than the machine itself.
Doesn't hurt that they are starting with a clear track as well..........

Zach, Charlie, Hunter, Kira, Brandon, Molitor and Wesley are tough to beat by the four strokes individually and Hunter is tough to beat period on his Cobra. I feel the same way you do about hybrids and think that the decision to exclude hybrid machines from GNCC competition actually hurts all of us.

The Front Row would be better if quads that can really compete with a Cobra were on it and if the "somewhat stock" Yamahas and Pitsters were back in the Mod classes and limited classes the class structures would be more balanced and the racing would be a little closer. Kira's Apex while admittedly highly modified is more than capable of running with any of the Pitsters and Yamaha's

For this sport to grow we need rider support not the nonexistent factory support that Carrie Jo cited. We the parents and the riders we support are paying the bills and excluding participants affects us negatively.

OK I'm getting off my soapbox
See you guys in Indiana

Rich243
04-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Todd,

Could we get a different engine for Andrews DRR and run it in GNCC? Obviously his MX engine is a little to high strung for that...wouldn't make the hour mark. What class would he run? Suggestions? We may look at that some next year if it is possible. Andrew has been asking about it for a while....I can't afford another quad but maybe another engine if his set up would work.

FISH ON!
04-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Rich............. PM'd ya.

cwjr
04-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Gncc will keep all 8 classes and may make a change for next year ..I was hoping for bigger classes myself but the row #2 is the lightest of all which we compete in ???I have had a couple people say because of the competition-----??? We are a class with 5 good riders, but we havent hit 10 in 4 races.