PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on w my motor!!??

Grande Huevos
04-27-2011, 03:57 PM
ok guys as most of u kno i have been building or as i like to say "ressurecting" (however u spell it) But i bought a brand new esr 330 and after i put it all together the bike started up just fine everything looked and sounded good but i noticed just a tinny tiny drop of coolant coming from under the nut on one of my base studs. I tighented them all down and still the leak. I checked my coolant level and did not notice any drop in it so the leak cannot b that bad. When the radiator cap was off and bike running it did not bubble or anything unusual. I checked my plug and it did not show any signs of coolant on it, and looked down the spark plug hole w a flashlight and it all looks ok. Drained my oil and it was all good. I went ahead w the break in procedure while keeping a close eye on my temp guage and everything else. Then after that was done i rode the bike for about an hr hopeing for some reason the leak would maybe dissapear, but it did not. So i take the cylinder and spacer plate completly off and clean all surfaces thoroughly!! Checked to make sure all my New studs were tight, then used brand new gaskets once again w a nice coat of 12/11 on both sides of each gasket and spacer plate put it all back together and sinched it down. Let it sit for 2 days before adding fluids and starting it. Now after the bike gets warm and only on the back left side, opposite of the pipe the same stud gets the very slightest and slowest leak ever from under the base nut!!! its so small most people might not notice it but i do! and its really driving me f***ing CRAZY!!! i dont want my bike to leak at all and even tho i think its ok it still really bothers me and makes me kinda nervous because i dont understand how this is even poss!? What do u guys think? could it b a prob w the manufacturing of the cylinder??? U think its safe to keep riding?

trx250racer
04-27-2011, 11:50 PM
that sucks!!! sounds like it may be in the casting. i would try to do an air leak test. take the cylinder off of the bottom end. rig the cylinder to where it will hold air in the coolant ports, then submerge the cylinder under water and look for the leak. if you can find the leak try to mark it, and then contact esr.. don't see why they wouldnt replace it. good luck

JohnBeton
04-28-2011, 04:50 AM
must be a small crack in the cilinder if you ask me.

leager-n-ky
04-28-2011, 06:09 AM
When i bought my ESR 310, it did the same thing, i had to send it back, and they said it had a casting flaw. I'm not sure if they machined the top of the cylinder, or if they just replaced it, but they have been very good to me when i have a problem with their products.

Grande Huevos
04-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Well I spoke w eddie this morning and he said to send him my entire top end and he would check it out do a preassure check w 120 lbs and he will replace cylinder, head, piston, and all if he finds a prob. Great guy to do buiss w!

J250r
04-28-2011, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Grande Huevos
Well I spoke w eddie this morning and he said to send him my entire top end and he would check it out do a preassure check w 120 lbs and he will replace cylinder, head, piston, and all if he finds a prob. Great guy to do buiss w!

Thats good to hear, i'm glad Eddie's taking care of you