PDA

View Full Version : Need alittle head help..and yes i mean the quad

quadgod440ex
02-19-2003, 11:01 AM
i was just wondring why my head and my white brothers cam has wear marks and my rocker arms have a really big grove in the main on is that from my cam does that mean m cam is shot ?? or should i just throw on new rocker arms the cam does not require hard faced rocker arms....it was working fine then it sounded like valves needed adjustment then i adjusted the valves and it still did it so i took the head off and my rocker arms are grooved and my head where the cam sits seems like it was just scraping along my head is that cam problems?? should i just put rocker arms on cause they are really bad please help me out i need to get this done before march 2nd i have a race...please help thansk alot exriders

YZROOSTINYA
02-19-2003, 11:03 AM
dirt is either getting in their or your not getting enough oil. do you have slicone gasket maker anywhere?

quadgod440ex
02-19-2003, 11:05 AM
yes i dd find silicone on the clutch gasket side and i no that was my prolem but im saying can i just put my cam in and new rocker arms or will it just do the same to the new rocker arms and that means i need a new cam or what ?? i wish i had pics cause its confusing

Sick0
02-19-2003, 12:00 PM
Well If you go to put the new rockers in and break in everything, the cam would groove the new rockers. So I would replace the cam also and if the head is grooved bad I would think you would have to get it fix or replace also. The whole valvetrain wears togather. If one peice is worn the rest of the valvetrain will wear like the worn part to match it. I don't know whats to tell you, but it sould likr to do it right and have last, you will have to replace more of the valvetrain than you want to.