PDA

View Full Version : Car Dealers....

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
04-26-2011, 02:13 PM
Been looking for a truck for a while and I found one that was 95% what I want. It's a 2004 Chev 2500HD Duramax with the LT package. Now they let me take it to my dads work because I won't buy a vehicle without him checking it out because he's a diesel mechanic. Now we found the turbo is blowing oil, brake booster line is leaking, and the passenger side brake lines are rubbing the control arm. Now on top of that the power mirrors didn't work, heat and a/c didn't blow, tires were passed the wear bars, and it needed a windshield.

So I take it back to the dealer tell them if they fix all of that, it's a sealed deal for 21k out the door. (They were asking 19.5) He then tells me, "well, these are all things that you WANT, and don't NEED to be fixed."

I was kind of puzzled and looked at him and said, "So after you just told me before my dad looked at it, that if anything was mechanically wrong, you would fix it no questions asked.... Now you're telling me that a turbo leak is no big deal and you don't care if it blows a turbo after I buy it? Not to mention the tires are NOT going to pass inspection and neither are the brake lines or windshield unless you guys "pass" it."

Then he says, "Well, we will probably fix the turbo leak and windshield, but as for the heat and a/c, we can sell it without those working to someone else as well as the mirrors."

"Well, guess you'll be selling it to someone else then."

Now, this is the biggest dealership name around here, Larry H. Miller, and I was totally not pleased.... If I'm paying $21,500 for a truck, everything damn well better work. I just can't believe their attitude. I mean, I can see wanting to sell the car, but how can you try and sell a car as a dealership when stuff isn't working? I don't think I'll ever deal with a dealership again.

CJM
04-26-2011, 02:20 PM
I know exactly why they did it: They scared you away and will sell it to some poor dope and all of that will blow and they will charge $$$ to fix it since its not covered.

I wont buy from a dealer unless its a very good deal, rather a private party b/c they are usually way more honest.

OldGuyonaQuad
04-26-2011, 03:01 PM
^^^X2
They didn't think you would actually check or find the problems.

Car dealers are lying scum film @ 11 ;) seriously this is the rule rather then the exception. I was lucky in that my best friend worked at a local dealership and he took good care of me. Well that's what he told me anyway.

If he is willing to fix the turbo and windshield and you really want the truck, I would estimate the cost of the repairs and low ball him. I don't blame you if you don't want to do business with them after the way you were treated though.

Your other option is to check Craigs list and continue to bash this dealership every time the opportunity presents itself.

or if you have no life like my brother in law (b 4 he bought his 400ex) you could just camp out in the lot and bash them in front of customers until they give in.

gl with your purchase

Kickstarts-suck
04-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Dont buy from Stealerships! ;)

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
04-26-2011, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
Dont buy from Stealerships! ;)

Yeah I think I'll be dealing with Priv. sellers on KSL from now on.