PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with Laegers???

socal
04-26-2011, 01:19 PM
I have dealt with Houser,LSR,Walsh as well as many other aftermarket companies and have been pretty pleased.I ordered my +4 a arms six weeks ago and they gave me a 2 week delivery time,thats with a custom color PC...Yes,going on six weeks ago and im still waiting.I had a trip this Thursday that I will clearly miss(explained my trip in a message to them,do they care,NO),and this particular group only goes out 2-3 times a year.I have left several messages and no returned calls.Guess they are lucky they have the best product for the R but come on,kinda ridiculous...Anyone else with similar issues???

Honda 250r 001
04-26-2011, 02:12 PM
They sold the company to another owner. I think it has gone downhill a little since the original laegers fell.

dlunn
04-26-2011, 02:14 PM
I bought a plus 2 stem in early January and was supposed to receive it within 2 weeks. It was almost 6 weeks before I finally got it.

socal
04-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Figured something happened...I know I will be happy once they arrive but just frustrated over dishonesty and missing my trip!

troybilt
04-26-2011, 02:35 PM
If you're looking for the +4 Laeger ball joint aarms, I know ATVGALAXY on ebay has several sets of all different colors, usually best price around and they ship out next day!! I highly recommend them for aarms, axles, etc... I've bought an axle, bumper, and some hubs from them and have had good luck so far. There is some other ebay wholesalers too that carry those particular aarms. just FYI.

socal
04-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Thanks Troy.I actually contacted ATV Galaxy and many others and they only had +3...I wish I could have dealt with a distributor on this.Now im in need of a +2 stem!

danhung11
04-26-2011, 07:18 PM
I had a similar experience with Scott... I won't go into specifics. I'd just email him and call him occassionally, staylor@laegers.net. Have you paid for the items?

Do you have any actual Laeger's stem? If so, I can let you know where to get it fixed/lengthened, etc.

Dan

socal
04-26-2011, 08:14 PM
No,have not paid yet,he has my CC# and said he would charge when they ship.I have called many times and he doesnt pick up,I guess I will start to email...As for the stem,I do not have one.Scott said he would sell me the top cross part for $85...Not sure what to do there yet.There are 2 reasons I havent cancelled my order,1-I want everything to match and I already mounted up that sweet Laeger swingarm you sold me,2-I really wanted to run +4 arms and they are the only company that would make them for me!Pitience is a virtue,I guess... I will send an email now!Thanks Dan for the link.

hawaiiysr
04-26-2011, 11:00 PM
Are you the guy that bought the Leager 86/87 style arm in 89 length from Dan? If you are I'm Sooo jealous! I wanted that arm bad!

socal
04-26-2011, 11:32 PM
Ha,ha,yes I am,actually I just posted a pic of it mounted up.Check my build thread!!!

hawaiiysr
04-26-2011, 11:48 PM
Doodoo head :P j/k I ended up buying a JB 89 length 86/87 style from another member.

Sorry to hear about the Leager issue. That wait time is just as bad as Burgard. I was just checking out your build tread. I like it. Red is my fav. All my toys have some bit of red in them.

danhung11
04-27-2011, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by hawaiiysr
Are you the guy that bought the Leager 86/87 style arm in 89 length from Dan? If you are I'm Sooo jealous! I wanted that arm bad!

It was only for sale for about 2 months, paid good money for it and wasn't going to lose money on it. :p I thought it was going on the shelf in the basement. Haha! Can't wait to see Socals completed bike!

socal
04-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Heard back from Scott and he said the powdercoaters have had the arms for a week?To make it up to me,he gave me a smokin deal on a steering stem!!!Discounts always make for good customer support!:D Now I will have all matching components...

hawaiiysr
04-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
It was only for sale for about 2 months, paid good money for it and wasn't going to lose money on it. :p I thought it was going on the shelf in the basement. Haha! Can't wait to see Socals completed bike!

Didn't expect to any1 to loose money. Good parts cost good money. Glad to see it went to a good home. Quad is looking good.

DnB_racing
04-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by hawaiiysr
Didn't expect to any1 to loose money. Good parts cost good money. Glad to see it went to a good home. Quad is looking good. I liked it so much I copied Dan's swing arm LOL, I had pappy powder coat mine the gold and got some blue leager stickers from a member, actually im collecting parts and its going to look a little like the quad Dan just parted, thats how much I liked it!!

danhung11
04-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
I liked it so much I copied Dan's swing arm LOL, I had pappy powder coat mine the gold and got some blue leager stickers from a member, actually im collecting parts and its going to look a little like the quad Dan just parted, thats how much I liked it!!

:macho