PDA

View Full Version : Dirt bikers

rookiex
02-19-2003, 09:44 AM
I hate this,Dirt bikers are cocky,They say quads mess up the jumps and stuff they do this they do that they can't do this or that quads suck quads are gay...I just had my own cousin tell me that and he knows thats my life is racing and riding and he is so cocky now because he is some kinda indoor champion in ohio in like the 80 class....I help him out with everything all the time...And then I ask him one time if I can ride his track...he's like NO QUADS ARE GAY THEY MESS UP THE TRACK....And his friend next to him said it I started to fight with his friend he is like 16...So I got up and busted the lil prick in the nose and beat him to the floor...Thats how bad he got on my nerves...Then told my cousin he is a spoiled lil *** whos parents get him everything in the world...super cross track in back yard 8 diffrent dirt bikes and a 02 camro for his first car...and then me one quad..No track..no car bought by parent...I HATE DIRT BIKERS COCKY PEOPLE THINK THERE BETTER THAN EVERYONE AND I HATE POSERS TOO....my cousins lucky I did'nt beat him down too...:grr

Silverfox@C&DRacing
02-19-2003, 09:49 AM
We hear alot of that around here also :grr Quads mess up the jumps and the berms How do you figure :confused: we have a local curcuit that is only dirtbikes won't let 4 wheelers race EWWW makes me so made :macho :grr :macho

rookiex
02-19-2003, 09:53 AM
I know dirt bikes have one wheel that spins faster and with more toruq than our two wheels....and it only one spot...MAN THIS KID REALLLLLLY made me mad....my cuz took his side too...there both stupid...I want to move back to NY..I freakin hate pretty much everything about where I live now...:(

Glow Plug
02-19-2003, 09:53 AM
that sucks but the dike bikes do the most damage with the nobbies on the tires :rolleyes:

rookiex
02-19-2003, 09:55 AM
just upsets me this is kinda boilin down too what problems I have been having as of late and not being able to race cuz of my brokin leg....Yeah..my cousin tells everyone I don't race and I am not good when I really am it's just I got hurt..and its like he feeds off of that...makes me look like a fool...

swap
02-19-2003, 10:02 AM
not all dirt bikers are like that, I don't mind ridding with quads.
I just like ridding with my friends and having fun. I don't care if you have two or four wheels. Its all about having fun isn't it?

hessianmx111
02-19-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by swap
I just like ridding with my friends and having fun. I don't care if you have two or four wheels. Its all about having fun isn't it?
same here.i have found that riding a track that was ridden on by dirtbikes when it was wet was harder than riding in the big quad tracks but you cant tell me that youve never powerslid into a corner destroying a berm used by dirtbikes,or cutoff a rider on a bike that is faster than you, i know this one prick at our track that has a very trick 400 but cant ride for chit,hes always taking shortcuts around the track and gettin in front of ya and almost runnin into ya and believe me gettin takin down by another bike is alot less painful than a quad.but just like dirtbikers not all quadriders are like that no-jumping queer that i was talking about

AndrewRRR
02-19-2003, 10:31 AM
Here, they make the quads race first if the track is muddy to "clear it up" and make us race second if the track is good so we won't "mess it up". bastids.
Last year there was a race that a ton of quad racers showed up to, but only a few dirt bikers. Well, since there wasn't enough bike guys they cancelled the whole day, making all the quad guys have a wasted trip. grrrr :grr

Extremeracer167
02-19-2003, 10:43 AM
**** ide beat your cousin down too, walk away and tell him to be the champ of that. I hate cocky little 80 riders. they are the worst. This kid around here is supposedly pretty good on one of those Polini 50s, and he runs his mouth all the time. When in all reality, my front tire would flatten him and his bike. But just ignore em, it will soon start changing, the quads are on a rise and b4 u know it, we will bt dominating the track!

Sportrax10
02-19-2003, 11:56 AM
If you were THAT mad, you could always just teach him a lesson by ramming him on his dirtbike a little. :devil :devil

sylvan56473
02-19-2003, 12:09 PM
In district 23 at Staples AMA race, the promoter actually likes the quads to ride on the track. He has set it up so quads and little bikes run early in the morning. The quads will actually help out the track there and smooth it out. He used to race quads in the middle of the day between all of the dirt bikes and some of the bikers used to love it because we would make two lanes for them to use instead of just one. The promoter could see that we were getting the crap beat out of us and our quads after riding on a track that was used by bikes all day long so that's why he switched it to the morning. I would have to say the worlds greatest Track Owner. Let's here it for Jeff Oldenburg!

swap
02-19-2003, 12:14 PM
jeff is cool ****, I ran into him at the mn sx. he is a great promoter, listens and doesn't take any bs.

oh ya, his kid won the ktm 50 challenge at the minneapolis supercross round this year.

sylvan56473
02-19-2003, 12:22 PM
He won it? I thought he got third? Anyways I was out getting some food and when I came back he was standing on the podium.
Have you ever seen Jeff ride a bike? HOLY CRAP!!!! He is FAST!! He could go run the nationals any day of the week

swap
02-19-2003, 12:34 PM
Jeff used to race back in the day. He eithor won lorretas or ponca city on an 80! Yeah his kid mitchell I believe won it. I seen jeff on an 80 once and he was just flying, it was funny seeing someone big just haulling on the little thing. He has not forgotten how to ride.

DGR Designs
02-19-2003, 12:40 PM
hey. well i had a KTM 125 last year and my buddy has a track that i would run both the quad and bike on. and from my personall experience, bikes mess up the jumps worse than quads. an when you speak. dont speak for the whole dirtbike group. cause i ahve no prob with letting a bike run on a treack as long as they are willing to do some maitnance on the ramps to keep them good

spincr4hire
02-19-2003, 12:59 PM
tell him quads can't be 'gay'...only he can:blah

rookiex
02-19-2003, 01:02 PM
Makes me sad dudes...Cuz he was like my best friend ya know...And ever since I got hurt and have'nt rode he just don't think I am cool any more

He acts like I never rode a day in my life and everything I say is wrong.

And he trys to make me feel bad by sayin I suck but in reality I beat him alot all the time infact..he races 125's too and 250's...So power to the bike is there...

I dunno......Things in my life are all screwed up....My dad's gone some where in the world fightin for this damn country...Left the place I lived in for 17 years and now I am in a place I don't even know.Its just hard and now I lost my best friend over some stupid ****..

MSL
02-19-2003, 01:14 PM
rookiex time to make new friends dude.

hessianmx111
02-19-2003, 01:40 PM
no offense but this would make a damn good sope opera

RideRed400StYlE
02-19-2003, 01:55 PM
I ride with people on dirtbikes, and I hear the same things that the quads ruin everything.. but really the only way that the jumps get ruined are from people hitting the gas right on the lip. and tearin the lip up. but dirtbikes do the same thing. its just that for them it doesnt matter because they only have one tire rut to go into. if you hit a jump on a quad with the left side taken out your gunna be pretty messed up. But I dont complain and say they messed it up. I just find a new line. I am just out to have fun and not bust on anyone else. and really who cares if you ruin a couple of berms or whatever. its a quad and a bike on the same track. its not like its a race where that berm was a winning line or somthing. your just out to have fun. if everyone took the time that they use to complain about the berm getting ruined to pick up a shovel and a rake :rolleyes: then you wouldnt have to worry about this crap. Just my .02

HONDAofTROY100
02-19-2003, 02:00 PM
wtf?! dont come up in here and badmouth dirtbikers.. i get along fine riddin w/ quads, bikes and quads both ruin jumps.. that is if u cant jump:blah ... but dont badmouth dirtbikers b/c id put my bike on the line that says my 125 could run circles around your quad...;)

perfect harmony below.... a world were the two get along..

QuadTrix6
02-19-2003, 02:04 PM
i too have noticed a lack of respect on the tracks for both dirtbikes and quads, i don't see what the big deal is anyway were all trying to enjoy a motor sport not competing quad vs dirtbike....maybe they get mad when i pass em who knows :devil

Sparky416ex
02-19-2003, 02:13 PM
It's not just dirtbikers...some poeple are just cocky...like "im not gonna wave to you" cocky...thats what makes me mad.

rookiex
02-19-2003, 02:15 PM
well dude I am not tryin to make a soap opera :mad: ....And I am not bad mouthin all dirt bikers they (some) seem vary cocky to me.I am out to have a good time I slam on the jumps.I keep up with the A riders on my EX.When I am at ben jacksons track and a few bikers (who are VARY GOOD) are out there they don't complaine one bit they say I am doing a vary good job and stuff.Cuz at his track there are some HUGE jumps.I don't know but I have never heard an 250A or 125A rider complain to me that I messed up there track...

Its cuz they are good.:rolleyes: And they don't mind a few bumps:blah

hessianmx111
02-19-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by rookiex
well dude I am not tryin to make a soap opera :mad: ....And I am not bad mouthin all dirt bikers they (some) seem vary cocky to me.I am out to have a good time I slam on the jumps.I keep up with the A riders on my EX.When I am at ben jacksons track and a few bikers (who are VARY GOOD) are out there they don't complaine one bit they say I am doing a vary good job and stuff.Cuz at his track there are some HUGE jumps.I don't know but I have never heard an 250A or 125A rider complain to me that I messed up there track...

Its cuz they are good.:rolleyes: And they don't mind a few bumps:blah

well for one thing i was just messin around about the soap opera thing and another i never said that you couldnt hang with the good riders i was just talking about the dude at my track and at my local track it really sux on dry days where its already dusty then some moron on a quad pulls onto the track and rolls all the jumps and makes a big scene powersliding into the corners.

flyin#5
02-19-2003, 02:58 PM
i have some dirtbiking friends and one who is really good that races d23. we always talk about quads and bikes we dont argue about which is better. and i mean who cares? the track is going to get messed up one way or another why not let it be by both so we have no complainers?

swap
02-19-2003, 03:00 PM
flyin, who are your friends? Do you know ross larson?

rookiex
02-19-2003, 03:02 PM
No No hess..I did'nt mean it N a bad way...lol....But as for the rest of the stuff you said I was just sayin that lol...:D it's ok...Yeah

I like dirt bikers there bad ***** when they ride and are good..Lots of respect for them....I just wish they would see that us quad riders we are sort of new to having sweet quads and stuff and now we are getting better faster machines and some day we will be really good too just like them in the X GAMES.

300exQuadracer
02-19-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by HONDAofTROY100
wtf?! dont come up in here and badmouth dirtbikers.. i get along fine riddin w/ quads, bikes and quads both ruin jumps.. that is if u cant jump:blah ... but dont badmouth dirtbikers b/c id put my bike on the line that says my 125 could run circles around your quad...;)
perfect harmony below.... a world were the two get along..

hey i did see you at arena cross in toledo!! i yelled at you but i`m perty shure you didnt hear me haha

anyways my thoghts on this are i got 2 quad tracks one in the back field and one woods track and both have it so quads can jump and the bikes have to jump between the wheel spaces of the quads or to the sides of the quads, that way nobody gets mad at anybody else for breakin the jumps, and we do have "everybody comes n helps to fix the track days" and anybody who wants to ride helps with the track

optikid123
02-19-2003, 03:22 PM
well at our track it is mostly bikes and only a few quads but noone cares about who rides what or who is faster cause if you really want to be a good dirtbike rider or are a good ditbike rider they like the track to have some imperfections when they are practicinng cause they get better if the track is harder(more ruts) it will be easier when its perfectly groomed and you will go faster and spader rides over there so its not like anyone is faster then him. :eek: but now he is on bikes:o

Nausty
02-19-2003, 03:22 PM
quads tear up more imo, I see quad riders going a lot slower and always tearing up lips on jumps when they gas it right up the face all the time. I think part of it is just not knowing what they are doing and plus I always see quad riders picking one part of the track they like cutting in and out between bikes and not to mention we are hard to pass and if they hit us they crash, not us. Anyways I like quads more than bikes and i've got about 6-7 years on bikes.

02-19-2003, 03:42 PM
dirtbike are faster ,lighter , jump higher, can go more places and u can get one race ready for 5 grand, most quad riders are 12-16 and ride thier daddy 4x4 , a few of em got really good they talk funny and thier the pros:o the rest of em couldnt ride bikes so they ride quads thier easier too clean too

Krazy Kid
02-19-2003, 04:01 PM
there was a track around here its called white sands in ashland that wouldnt ler quads on it ne more b/c a a FEW dirtbikers complaine so they kicked the quads off......well ppl stopped comin so they just cut out the jumps a lil or took the lips off and let em back on so now errything is better :D

hsr
02-19-2003, 04:14 PM
to sum it up, most dirtbikers ***** about the quadriders and the damage and stuff that they do to the track , mostly b/c "motocross" (dirtbike mx) where it all started has been around longer and they probably feel like they are being invaded when quads are aloud to ride on the same track, it doesnt matter where your at there is always going to be someone that *****es about everything, thats just the way it is , who cares what they say ,

02-19-2003, 04:18 PM
quads throw all the dirt off the track, with a bike u just take the dozer out run the ruts down

Ryan
02-19-2003, 04:44 PM
The fight between the Atv riders and the Dirt bikers :rolleyes: .

I see this all the time. You have to relize that its not all bike riders. I have met some very cocky atv riders also. Some people are just plain *********s. I see alot of dirt bikers more cocky then atv riders (IMO), probably because they are used to having everything easy. Many atv riders have more things to worry about such as money, places to race ect. I think it is completley ridiculous what we guys both fight about.

Nobody should be bashing on Bikes, Atv's, or even snowmobiles. Its the riders problem not the machines. I think they both ruin the track pretty bad. Bikes make more skinny, deeper ruts as quads create wider ruts and kinda extend them a bit... JMO.

Freeride, Dirtbikes are lighter but I wouldn't say they could be faster, nor jump higher. Lets say you take Ricky Carmicheal's bike and Tim Farr's atv, if they dragged, they would be very close to eachother. Quads are proven to be extremley fast on the track but some people just don't belong on the track period! As for jumping higher, Thats all the rider IMO.

To bad Atv guys and Bike guys couldn't all just get along :ermm:. I've notice this with snowmobiles also....Its becomming a huge warzone between the three ;) .

No matter what you ride.... Its all good :) .

AndrewRRR
02-19-2003, 04:51 PM
I agree with the fact that some people are just *********s, no matter what they ride. I do see a lot more of them on dirtbikes though. They think they are God's gift to offroad, especially now that the X-games are on ESPN and it became trendy.
Quads outsell dirtbikes big time, although all the money is still in MX since the manufacturer's don't take quadding seriously yet (although some are starting to).
If we can learn to get along maybe we can work together against common enemies, like the granola crunchers that want to close all our riding areas, and outlaw our 2 strokes!

02-19-2003, 04:55 PM
i agree with u excpet, a crf and a cr 250 are close, until u throw about 100- 120 pounds extra on it and give it two big wheels and tires to turn then its not even at all

as far as quads jumping as high and far as bikes thats not true unless u have a pic of a quad jumping close to this

Ryan
02-19-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
i agree with u excpet, a crf and a cr 250 are close, until u throw about 100- 120 pounds extra on it and give it two big wheels and tires to turn then its not even at all

as far as quads jumping as high and far as bikes thats not true unless u have a pic of a quad jumping close to this

If you read correctly, I didn't say anyone had ever jumped that high, it can be done though. I could see dirt bikers jumping higher of course because of the basic advantages but an atv could be able to jump that high..... I know I sure wouldn't do it :blah .

Jimmah
02-19-2003, 05:02 PM
From my expierences both quad riders and dirt bikers can be *********s. I practice freestyle on private property. We don't want people hitting the bigger jumps because of the risk. We get a lot of people out there during the summer. Most of the time the dirt bikes try and rip up the place because they get all pissed off cause a quad is out jumping them and doin tricks. Quad riders mess the whole system up we have out there and ride it backwards and go UP the LANDINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!:huh I'm a nice guy I'm just out there to have fun but if you approach me being a dick well then expect the same back.

sylvan56473
02-19-2003, 05:07 PM
If you pitted Ricky's CR against Farr's CRF, Ricky's bike would blow it out of the water. I have a built 250R and a 125 can give me a run for the money. When it comes to jumping there is just no way that a quad can compete with the suspension on a bike.

AndrewRRR
02-19-2003, 05:12 PM
I had a 97 CR250R and my trx250r (350cc) would beat the CR so bad it wasn't even funny, despite the weight handicap. True, bikes have 12" of suspension travel stock while quads have 8-9", plus 150lbs extra, but you have to admit it's pretty impressive with how big the quad guys are going now.

trx400ex
02-19-2003, 05:18 PM
yeah RCs 250 would blow TFs 450 into next weeks

300EXrider02
02-19-2003, 05:23 PM
solution=quad is 380 pounds, 4 wheels
bike 2 wheels, 120-140 punds
Run em over:eek: :D
i like bikes and not wanting to flame, so dont flame back, that is jsut for all cocky bikers

sylvan56473
02-19-2003, 05:24 PM
AndrewRRR,

I'm not taking anything away from todays quad riders. I never thought that I would see a quad jump that high in the air. And the power that some of them are putting out today is unbelievable. I'm a quad guy to the end but I have to give credit to bikes as well.

BlazingYamahaYz
02-19-2003, 05:42 PM

i think ur right...i dont mind ridding with quads, i let them ride my bike for a lil while and they let me ride their quads...i dont care jumping ramps and ridding trails, they dont do as much damage as i have....i dont care if they have 1 wheel, 2 wheels, 3 wheels, or 4+ wheels, as long as they want to ride, they can with me....

ScrnNmsSUCK
02-19-2003, 05:55 PM
I ride a dirt bike and i have no problem riding with people on quads. Actully most of my friends ride quads, but i think its stupid cause they enjoy riding just like you except on more/less wheels.

Ryan
02-19-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR
I had a 97 CR250R and my trx250r (350cc) would beat the CR so bad it wasn't even funny, despite the weight handicap. True, bikes have 12" of suspension travel stock while quads have 8-9", plus 150lbs extra, but you have to admit it's pretty impressive with how big the quad guys are going now.

I have heard from alot of people that the quads that the pro's ride are much faster then the bikes out. I think Tim Farr's crf450 is completley decked out as Ricky's Cr250 looks pretty stock to me. Correct me if im wrong.....:ermm:

hessianmx111
02-19-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
I have heard from alot of people that the quads that the pro's ride are much faster then the bikes out. I think Tim Farr's crf450 is completley decked out as Ricky's Cr250 looks pretty stock to me. Correct me if im wrong.....:ermm:
well if his bike is pretty stock then why is there 25plus thousand dollars only in suspension on ricky's bike.not to mention the carbon fiber silencer that i dont have the details on but it is a really expensive one off works part.not to mention everything else that is great on that bike. the reason tim farrs bike looks decked out is because nothing on it is close to a stock bike because it takes much more for a quad to be competitive.do ya get what im sayin and im pretty sure ricky could school timmy on the track anyday:blah
**EDIT** I almost forgotHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

trx400ex
02-19-2003, 06:20 PM
LMFAO!!!

mrusk
02-19-2003, 06:26 PM

kids these days...

matt

250x#93
02-19-2003, 06:29 PM
Around here all the dirtbikers just rut up the dang hillclimbs:mad: And I thing they screw up the tracks more than we do:devil

Ryan
02-19-2003, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the rude comments. This is from what I heard for a few other people from the nationals. I don't really know about dirt bikes but I thought Ricky kepted most of the motor stock. :rolleyes:

hessianmx111
02-19-2003, 06:35 PM
your welcome

02-19-2003, 07:04 PM
guys.....a stock 250r puts out same hp as a stock cr 125 u wanna go to a 330r then make a 330cr and see

ricky bike costs alot of money....

i need to buy me a crf 250

AndrewRRR
02-19-2003, 07:32 PM
You can't really price out the factory-backed bikes, because all their parts are one off "works" parts. Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, etc have some of the best engineers in the MX world, and they are designing parts for their bikes. Most of the pro quad guys have to run off-the-shelf parts. Even if they have a full-ride sponsor, they still don't have the multi-million dollar R&D budgets the factory riders do.
I like both bikes and quads, thats why I ride both :)
I just hate "I'm better than you because blah blah blah" attitudes. Both machines have their upsides and downsides (and sometimes their upside-down sides :p )

02-19-2003, 07:35 PM
yeah, i read that rickys works kx was somin like 60 grand i was like:eek:

AndrewRRR
02-19-2003, 07:37 PM
Yeah those guys have more money in a set of forks than most of us have in our car! Ya think axis shocks are expensive?.... you ain't seen nothin! lol

Scott
02-19-2003, 07:38 PM
RookieEX: When the Wayne trails open up on April 15th, load the quad, drive 45 minutes (22East to Lancaster, then 33East about 5 miles south of Logan to the Dorr Run trail head) and you'll forget all about the bikes vs quads debate. You'll find 10 quads for every bike on the Wayne Trails. And the majority of the people you'll meet down there are friendly and just like to ride. You might even run into me down there.:D

From Circleville (AKA Roundtown) you've got places to ride at Logan, McArthur, the track just south of Nelsonville, all within about an hour of you. I'm sure there are more, but that's just a couple off the top of my head. Don't give up and head by to NY just yet.

And if you're riding with Ben Jackson, I think you're driving farther than that, because I'm pretty sure he's the one that lives up here by me in Raymond. Or is that Sam Jackson???

HONDAofTROY100
02-19-2003, 08:14 PM
dirtbike are faster ,lighter , jump higher, can go more places and u can get one race ready for 5 grand, most quad riders are 12-16 and ride thier daddy 4x4 , a few of em got really good they talk funny and thier the pros the rest of em couldnt ride bikes so they ride quads thier easier too clean too

FREERIDE132:

R u retarded?! 5grand race ready!?... i wish!... you bring a stock bike out there and youll get killed!.. i have a kx125 w/ everythin done to my engine, diff sprockets, pipe & silencer, rad valves, tires, bars, and other things.. and im still not the fastest out there.. i wish i could get a fast bike for 5grand...:confused:

HONDAofTROY100
02-19-2003, 08:18 PM
pic of my bike... its prutty:D

HONDAofTROY100
02-19-2003, 08:22 PM
AndrewRRR

$5500 for front forks.. yah i know chump change for most of us.. :blah

02-19-2003, 08:30 PM
yes im retarded as they come ....im so stupid.....cr 125 was not met to be raced til u revalve the suspension, port it and throw a pipe on....u can take a bike out of the box and race it and be competitive if your a good rider, now in your case maybe u suck so bad u need everything on that bike to do halfway decent

take a stock 400ex and try to race it after u bottom hard the shcoks will be leaking, case a jump possibly bend the axle, frame cracks develop swingarm breaks, tires suck, too narrow

cr 125 just need some minor tuning to fit the riders skill level and personal preferences

02-19-2003, 08:34 PM
your kx is a 125 right? shoulda bought a 250 if its too slow, that big dent in your pipe dont help ....you want to go and call me a retard becuase you dont win its not my fault maybe you should get off your arse and practice so everyone stops killin u

Jay300ex
02-19-2003, 08:34 PM
This is what I have picked up over the years.

From a dirt bike perspective: I dont care to be riding trails or tracks and fall into deep ( i emphasize the word deep ) ruts in common four wheeler riding paths that are just, plain, inconvienient for dirtbikers. I hate those, because your trying to go fast and even if there is a small rut you are trying to avoid slipping your tires in and losing your line, it sucks you can only look like 10-20 ft infront of you. And there is always the dust vortex that quads can whip up easily. Hate that

From a quad PoV: Well not much really bothers me when riding where dirtbikes ride too, its usually having to ride so far behind or risk getting a rock roosted and breaking somethin' on my quad or body!!

Anyone else care to voice their opinion if they dual ride quads/bikes?

I understand a lot of people ride quads because they dont seem to balance well on quads. My friend is like that, cant even stand a bike up it just doesnt happen, but he can ride a quad beautifully.

Jay

Mitch400EX
02-19-2003, 08:58 PM
[/B]
as far as quads jumping as high and far as bikes thats not true unless u have a pic of a quad jumping close to this [/B]

Heres one...

02-19-2003, 09:00 PM
thats nto close

Mitch400EX
02-19-2003, 09:02 PM
You can't really see the ground, he's actually like 50 feet in the air. That is matt coulter he holds many quad jump records.

02-19-2003, 09:08 PM
hmm its hard to tell, 2 diff angles of the 2 pics

Mitch400EX
02-19-2003, 09:15 PM
I don't know if this is as high as the guy on the bike, but its still pretty high:D . This is also Matt Coulter.

02-19-2003, 09:19 PM
thats high i wonder what he did with that yz 250 quad

YZROOSTINYA
02-20-2003, 08:23 AM
i cant wait to get another bike. hoping for a 03 yz250.

i grew up on bikes and prefer them. they each have there advantages and disadvantages.

each one has its diffucuties.

i rag on my buddies cause they all ride quads, when i had my bike.

i think they were just pissed because they were sick of me passing em'

hahahaha

its all in good fun though

02-20-2003, 08:25 AM
i noticed a crappy bike rider will get blown away by a crappy quad rider but if thier both good the bike guy will blow him away,

i wanna get a yzf 250 or crf 250

needaride
02-20-2003, 08:25 AM
the DB vs ATV debate will always be heated.

To me it seems that the MX bike riders can be cocky. They ***** when the quads flatten the berms and such. They just need to compromise.

In the cross country world it seems to me that everyone gets along much better, not as much arrogance or bickering.

For me I chose a new dirtbike over a quad, not sure why. Around here quads out number bikes 20:1. I guess i like being different. I got a YZ250f, i couldnt wait on the new CRF.

For the guy in Circleville, you need to come to WV & ride the Hatfield McCoy trails this summer.

HondaofTroy, nice KX.

02-20-2003, 01:03 PM
I have a kx80 and I pass a lot of utilities (cept 650's) and I pass 300's, not 400s...

The only reason I would rather have a quad is because I am tired of having to stick my feet out all the time on a trail and dumping the bike and such. and doughnuts :macho

300EXrider02
02-20-2003, 01:07 PM
quad for me casue it can be used better in, doughnuts, dunes, snow and mud, and u dont break your leg everytime u fall

02-20-2003, 01:11 PM
also in woods, you dont slide around as much and stuff :)

man i wish i had a raptor :(

HONDAofTROY100
02-20-2003, 01:39 PM
FREERIDE132: your soo funny... i wish more people were like u...

yah i started racin a year ago.. on my 125.. see there is this thing called "winter"... were frozen water falls on the ground.. i duno if u have heard of it.. but u really cant ride a bike in 7inches of snow... so i really cant practice..

and yeah i guess i suck.. i mean i cant help it if a pro guy is better then a beginner... so you are right and i do suck! i mean i only get 1-4 all the time.. :( i am bad.. i should just quit the sport right now...

yeah that dent in the side.. it was from a crash...

a crappy bike rider will get blown away by a crappy quad rider b/c the #1 thing on a bike riders mind is tipping..

yah i kinda need all those mods to go fast too.... just to keep up in liek 8th or 9th place..:blah

retard..:mad:

mrusk
02-20-2003, 01:44 PM
I find it quiet ironic that dirt bikers hate us. We should hate them because they get the new technology, factory support, media reconition, babes, tv time, and good magazines. However we don;t hold it against them because we are not cocky.

I really wish i could ride a dirt bike as fast as i could ride a quad. On a dirt bike, you can acctually have a future. When i have kids i am going to defintly push them to ride a bike over a quad.

matt

deathman53
02-20-2003, 02:43 PM
I ride dirtbikes, quads and trikes. they all have there place. I can't ride a mx track to save my life(besides I have a very moddded xr250, not exactly a mx bike), but on a dirtbike I'm hard to catch on trails. I find the quad ruts actaully help on trails, they give you a small and wide berm to ride the corner. On hillclimbs both rut bad, but the ruts are harder to ride on a bike. When it comes to sand and rocks and mud, its quads/trikes all the way. You have the scream the motor on dirtbikes in sand to go anywhere and stay up, mud- its very easy for the rear tires to slip out and to dig in and rocks- they throw bikes around too much. I have alot of respect for mxers on dirtbikes, its hard to ride a berm the size of the tire. But like other people stated the some dirtbikers are cocky. They get everything. In chattworth there was 4 people in the park riding, I wanted to take my quad on the mx track, the guy told me that I couldn't becaue the dirtbike guys alway complained when they were allowed and the rules are the rules. I agree many quad rides can't ride for there lives on a track and roll over the lips, nothing pisses me off more thatn that. A jumps starts with a good lip and a couple of 4x4 quads roll over it and good bye lip. I understand the dirtbikes not wanting there lip messed up, but atleast give us a chance to see if we are good riders and can hang on the track. By the way I ride a 250r and ride very agresive, so I'm not one of thoses lip destoying, slow 4x4 guys.

HONDAofTROY100
02-20-2003, 03:08 PM
thankx deathman

atleast someone knows how hard it is..

deathman53
02-20-2003, 03:16 PM
that is why I ride motocross on quads not bikes. I used to have a husky tc610 that I bought to get into mx. absolite animal, great suspension, very light, handled beutiful, but couldn't do it Also bikes are harder to land than quads. Fast trails, I prefer dirtbikes hands down.

02-20-2003, 03:19 PM
so who does youir suspension? i only fall on a bike i dont go slow enough for it to tip over]

i only get 1-4 all the time.. i am bad.. i should just quit the sport right now...

u said u just keep up in 8 th and 9th at the bottom i doubt most novie riders even ride a stock bike to its limit

02-20-2003, 03:20 PM
freeride....not to sound mean...but dont talk about stuff unless you know for a fact..hondaoftroy live by me....i rode a cr125 for about 3 months in mostly sand...i improved a lot..but then he gets out their on his 125..and blows me away.....bikes do need to be modded to be fast on a track..thats pretty much like saying if biukes dont need to be modded to be fast..neither do quads..everything that is stock is set up for all different types of riding..not jus mx..so there for everybike has to be prepped and ready to go for mx....and mods arent cheap..i kno when i rode a bike for a little bit...i wantd a lot mroe than jus a pipe....i rode his kx and wanted it to b like that....so freeride.....stfu until you have facts to back it up.....:o

02-20-2003, 03:25 PM
I dont get why you guys are flamin on dirtbikers? I think its about havin fun and *****??? You cuzin is very spoiled but who cares. he is cocky to and he deserves an as$ kickin. Your not madd just becuz dirtbikes come stock faster then most fourwheelers are you???? jk no flame intended but hey dont be sayin stuff about bikes.

02-20-2003, 03:27 PM
ive ridden for 9 years , ridden quads for 3 so what is your point?

.....bikes do need to be modded to be fast on a track..thats pretty much like saying if biukes dont need to be modded to be fast..neither do quads..everything that is stock is set up for all different types of riding..not jus mx.. ]

quads and bikes are totally diff , your a f in retard, quads are heavy, underpowered and clumsy, thier not designed to be mx just high speed trail and some small jumpin

a cr 125 is designed to be raced, its a closed course machine i cant help it if u guys think race ready means race winning

you guys need to stfu and think what your talking about , im done posting in this thread, think waht u want

ATCRYDER
02-20-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by rookiex
I hate this,Dirt bikers are cocky,They say quads mess up the jumps and stuff they do this they do that they can't do this or that quads suck quads are gay...I just had my own cousin tell me that and he knows thats my life is racing and riding and he is so cocky now because he is some kinda indoor champion in ohio in like the 80 class....I help him out with everything all the time...And then I ask him one time if I can ride his track...he's like NO QUADS ARE GAY THEY MESS UP THE TRACK....And his friend next to him said it I started to fight with his friend he is like 16...So I got up and busted the lil prick in the nose and beat him to the floor...Thats how bad he got on my nerves...Then told my cousin he is a spoiled lil *** whos parents get him everything in the world...super cross track in back yard 8 diffrent dirt bikes and a 02 camro for his first car...and then me one quad..No track..no car bought by parent...I HATE DIRT BIKERS COCKY PEOPLE THINK THERE BETTER THAN EVERYONE AND I HATE POSERS TOO....my cousins lucky I did'nt beat him down too...:grr

Do You want the TRUTH, boy? Do you?

No one cares about your life. :macho

HONDAofTROY100
02-20-2003, 05:54 PM
freeride132: take a joke about the 8th and 9th..

i got plaques and trophies to prove it... ;)

well i think your damn retard that needs to get his arse kicked, get a clue b4 you start talkin bad about dirt bikes b/c truth is.. im sure youd never buy one b/c they are too hard to ride..

by the way... race ready... everythin is race ready..;) .. hop on it and go..:blah

kxrider
02-20-2003, 06:01 PM
dude i like quads and everything but for anyone who ride mx on a dirt bike towards the end of the day when u got good ruts on the turns to lay down in when a quad hits them it realy does mess them up, but as for jumps i've never noticed nothin there except the bikes mess it up for the quads cuase they only make one rut and make it unlevel

02-20-2003, 06:01 PM
i thinks its funny how you called me the retard..but yet after i proved you wrong....your said you were gonna stop posting...you basicaly jus said you tap out.....;)

kxrider
02-20-2003, 06:23 PM
your kx is a 125 right? shoulda bought a 250 if its too slow, that big dent in your pipe dont help ....you want to go and call me a retard becuase you dont win its not my fault maybe you should get off your arse and practice so everyone stops killin u

dude if u think a lil dent in ur pipe affects the performance, hhhhhhmmmmm :huh

02-20-2003, 06:39 PM
well i think your damn retard that needs to get his arse kicked, get a clue b4 you start talkin bad about dirt bikes b/c truth is.. im sure youd never buy one b/c they are too hard to ride..

when the **** did i ever talk bad about bikes?:confused: ive had alot of bikes and only 1 quad, any day 400ex or bike well see whos the man, or ull see whos the man

heres my old 94 rm 167 i sold last summer, im probaly gonna get a yzf 250 this fall

dents greatly effect hp

hessianmx111
02-20-2003, 06:49 PM
yo freeride im def on your side about this whole thing. a bone stock cr250 is much more race ready than a bone stock 400ex.and honda of troy where do you get off callin freeride a retard and you dont even know him???WTF.also freeride that bike is the shiat for a 94 the black plates set it off:cool:
oh by the way here is my 2002 kx100 lookin dirrrrty

02-20-2003, 06:57 PM
some fleshwound graphics would be nice on that thing black and green kx are always nice , that rm was fast , the 167 kit made it fly i wanna go 4 stroke now

haha, your rm is a lil dirty but my rm was filthy in that pic, i just got done ridin it a few hours before the pic

CHAUNCY
02-20-2003, 07:00 PM
nice poster freeride;)

hessianmx111
02-20-2003, 07:02 PM
yeah i know ive searched for some but ive only found them for the older ones with one shroud.im thinking about the new team procircuit graphics just to keep the plastic from getting too scratched.id say about another year im either going to an rm125,yz250f,crf250(depends on the reviews),or the yz125

02-20-2003, 07:04 PM
haha it was free too chauncy!

i wanna go 4 stroke cuz its too much trouble being used to a 4 stroke and a 2 stroke , it messes up my skills on the quad when i been rididn a 2 stroke then i go and race the 400ex

CHAUNCY
02-20-2003, 07:11 PM
haha it was free too chauncy!

When I went to Chapparels(SP) block sale 2 years ago they were given out those free clandars if you bought stuff. My dad bought a couple sets of graphics so he gave us like 5 caledars. They were the good ones too ;) I couldnt go this year though cuzz I was busy but my dad and bro went. It takes 2 hours to get through when it first opens and after about 3 or 4 hours you can go through the whole sale in 10 minutes. Its crazy how many people were there.

Ryan
02-20-2003, 07:11 PM
Im suprised this thread hasn't been deleted with all the crap going on :rolleyes: .

My choice for riding quads: I like to go out and have fun. I learned on an atv and that is what I want to stick with.

I probably would have went to dirtbikes awhile ago if I wasn't brought up on quads.

Whoever posted those pictures of the quad guy hitting those 2 jumps..... Thats the "Kangroo Kid" right? He does some crazy stuff in Heuvos 1 which I saw on the previews. That guy is insane :cool: .

About my last statement with Ricky Carmicheal's bike being stock. I really had no idea. Sorry guys :) . One thing I don't understand is that how do you put so much money into a dirt bike? I couldn't even see someone putting 60 grand into an atv :huh :p . I believe its true but i'd like to know what the he11 cost so much money?

Maybe I should start racing XC so I don't here so much of the B.S ;) .

CHAUNCY
02-20-2003, 07:14 PM
Yea its matt coulter(SP) jumpin inb those pics. The kangaroo kid is his nick name.

02-20-2003, 07:24 PM
go bill, nice bike too forgot what it looked like..

Jay300ex
02-20-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by kxrider
dude if u think a lil dent in ur pipe affects the performance, hhhhhhmmmmm :huh

Actually dents do effect the performance on 2 strokes. My teacher in school was showing my how to remove the dents in those pipes because he gets a lot of people in asking for him to because they notice big power decreases. They are fairly easy to get out as long as you got a set of torches and a air compressor :blah

swap
02-20-2003, 08:07 PM
I don't think you can put a price on a factory bike with all the time spent building it. An average person can probably spend upwards of thirty thousnad at the most, but sixty is out of hand, I don't think you could buy enough stuff to spend 60 G's. Pro circuit sells works forks for about 10,000, but not just anyone can buy them eithor.

kxrider
02-20-2003, 08:09 PM
well while everyone is throwin out pics, i just though i throw a pic of my bike, i just got new black radiator shrouds, and side panels, and front fender with custom flames this week, fleshwound flame graphics on the way i will def. have pics then

hessianmx111
02-20-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Jay300ex
Actually dents do effect the performance on 2 strokes. My teacher in school was showing my how to remove the dents in those pipes because he gets a lot of people in asking for him to because they notice big power decreases. They are fairly easy to get out as long as you got a set of torches and a air compressor :blah
another way to repair it is take a wine cork and plug one end fill with water and then close off with another cork put in the freezer and check every hour until it is popped out take it out remove the corks and let it thaw then blow out the pipe with compressed air to dry it then voila good as new

AndrewRRR
02-21-2003, 12:28 AM
I don't think you can put a price on a factory bike with all the time spent building it. An average person can probably spend upwards of thirty thousnad at the most, but sixty is out of hand, I don't think you could buy enough stuff to spend 60 G's. Pro circuit sells works forks for about 10,000, but not just anyone can buy them eithor.

I think thats why you never see prices on factory bikes. These aren't parts you can buy. These are one-off totally custom parts designed specifically for THAT bike on THAT track that some guy with a PhD in engineering from MIT designed, who makes $250K a year just thinking stuff up for Honda (or Suzuki or whoever).

Imagine if quads had that level of factory support...

YZROOSTINYA
02-21-2003, 04:39 AM
dirtbikers rule quad riders suck

YZROOSTINYA
02-21-2003, 04:40 AM
quads kick arse, dirt bikes are for girls:confused2

YZROOSTINYA
02-21-2003, 04:41 AM
who really cares????

they each have their plce

YZROOSTINYA
02-21-2003, 04:42 AM
r

Jay300ex
02-21-2003, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by hessianmx111
another way to repair it is take a wine cork and plug one end fill with water and then close off with another cork put in the freezer and check every hour until it is popped out take it out remove the corks and let it thaw then blow out the pipe with compressed air to dry it then voila good as new

Yep that will work too! I dont now about any risks with either methods like cracking or what not, if that happens with our method we just get some welding rod and fix it right up:)

Jay

needaride
02-21-2003, 06:44 AM
Freeride:

The 4 stroke MX bikes rock. I love my new YZ250f. I am a true honda lover but i just couldnt wait on the new CRF. If you are waiting until fall, you may be able to get a green 4 stroke.

Now about the 03' YZF, it kicks just as easy as any 2 stroke. Mine starts with 1-2 kicks, even in 25* weather. You wont regret getting one.:D

02-21-2003, 09:07 AM
do they require alot of clutching whne ur ridin small areas? cuz with my rm and cr i had i was alwasy usingt he clucth, i was thinking about the yzf more cuz they have been around longer

oh yeah ryan, i dudnno if its true but i read in atv sport that bill ballances quad cost more to built than tim farrs

YZROOSTINYA
02-21-2003, 10:19 AM
i know the yz25f makes 8 more horse at 8k than a 125 and 12 more at 11k. thats a big diff

needaride
02-21-2003, 10:20 AM
With stock gearing it takes a little clutch work, i am going to a 50t rear so that should eliminate a lot of the clutch work. I mainly ride woods though.

It pulls hard through the entire rpm range, it revs quick as hell too.

Pulls the front wheel in 3rd with just a blip of the throttle. I love the thing, you would not be dissapointed, especially since you ride 4 strokes. It doesnt roll on like a 400ex, it has a nice 2stroke like snap to it.

blastersrule
02-21-2003, 12:58 PM
red necks on utilitys ruin jumps, they should stay away from jumps and stick to pulling dead dear through the woods :cool:

HONDAofTROY100
02-21-2003, 01:31 PM
hahah dents effect perfomance huh?!... well i got some trpohies to prove that dont effect it that much... :devil

HONDAofTROY100
02-21-2003, 01:33 PM
4-stroke dirtbikes suck soo much.. put them in a class all their own..

how fair is it to be riddin a 125cc piston and they are riddin in the same class w/ a 250cc?... or a 250cc against a 426cc?

real fair....:mad:

ATCRYDER
02-21-2003, 01:50 PM
No not really. The general rule is it take TWICE the displacement of a 4 stroke to equal a 2 stroke. The rules have changed drastically because the "old 4 strokes" will be no more in a few years in competeition.

The new light piston 4 stroke ngiens seen on the Raptor, and the YZF/CRF bikes are very impressive....however: they are still 4 strokes!

HONDAofTROY100
02-21-2003, 02:41 PM
yah but anyone can see 4strokes dominate the 125 and 250 class.. every race im in against someone w/ a 4stroke wins the holeshot .. ive never seen it happen otherwise.. and when someone is runnin a 426 in the 250.. they kill everyone.. they are runnin like 10 seconds infront of the 2nd place guy..

plus.. i hate the sound.... (lol i knwo i have a quad) but they take the baffles off and it just hurts my ears... (anyone know why they are louder then quads w/o a baffle?!):ermm:

02-21-2003, 02:45 PM
dents effect performance....ur dumb if u think other wise u sound more and more like u dont know what your talking about if 4 stroke bikes are faster good, if u dont like it then keep your slow 2 stroke

hessianmx111
02-21-2003, 03:43 PM
hondaoftroy-dude do you ever read magazines if you read any or had any knowledge of bikes what so ever you would no that a dent in the right spot of the pipe can make a bikes performance really really drop. maybe yours isnt in the right spot to do any damage but youve gotta a hella sweet bike with a ugly motha of a pipe.

kxrider
02-21-2003, 04:31 PM
dude hondatroy does know wat he talkin about i will bet my truck my bike, and my quad that if u put my 125cc 2 stroke against a 125 4 stroke i will kill him, and if u put a 250c 4 stroke against a 250 cc 2 stroke the, the 2 stroke will kick his *****, and as for dents i am sure they do take away about 1/100 hp, not enough to tell at all or they obviously wouldnt put then in such a volurable spot

02-21-2003, 04:41 PM
well uh that kinda why 250 4 strokes run the 125 class and stuff.......:rolleyes: ......jeezus

hessianmx111
02-21-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by kxrider
dude hondatroy does know wat he talkin about i will bet my truck my bike, and my quad that if u put my 125cc 2 stroke against a 125 4 stroke i will kill him, and if u put a 250c 4 stroke against a 250 cc 2 stroke the, the 2 stroke will kick his *****, and as for dents i am sure they do take away about 1/100 hp, not enough to tell at all or they obviously wouldnt put then in such a volurable spot

to quote the ever so wise homer simpson DOH!!(smacks head)
dude just as freeride said thats why 250cc four strokes run in the 125 class because a two stroke fires every time the piston moves up and a fourstroke fires every other therefore giving the two stroke basically twice the power of a four stroke with the same engine size,and the 450cc fourstrokes run with the 250cc two strokes.also dents DO and can affect the performance of the bike and can affect it alot if it is in the right spot,and if you think they are in a vulnerable spot have you ever seen the moto bikes of the 70s every time you would case a jump your pipe was destroyed because it run across the bottom of the bike.

kxrider
02-21-2003, 05:50 PM
ya that is not fair if you cant make a 4 stroke with the same cc's its just not fair, it is like a freakin handicape,

hessianmx111
02-21-2003, 06:11 PM
dude its just not possible to do it isnt a handicap because it puts out close to the same power and offers a whole lot easier to use powerband instead of always clutching and keeping a two stroke on the pipe,they are just easier to go fast on because of the power delivery and what not

AndrewRRR
02-21-2003, 06:16 PM
I hate how 4 strokes can race with the 2 strokes. Yeah, a 450cc 4 stroke makes about the same hp as a 250cc 2 stroke so they let them run together... but they don't take into consideration how much more torque the 4 strokes make, so they end up with an unfair advangtage. Thats why the 4 strokes are dominating. Race 4 strokes against 4 strokes and 2 strokes against 2 strokes!

mrusk
02-21-2003, 07:02 PM
Uh i'd bet money on it, that one day a 125 four stroke can run with a 125 2 stroke. It may not be next week, or next year for that matter, but someday i am sure. Or the 125 class will turn into the 250 four stroke class.

matt

HONDAofTROY100
02-21-2003, 07:02 PM
yah obiously its not in the right place b/c i dont see any performance lose at all.. and ive been racin since i was 3.. so i kinda know if my bikes runnin bad.... plus my dad would have said somthin.. (hes been riddin since he was 14. and knows a bike inside and out..) and the local shop around me would have told me to get a new one.. b/c they have seen me race and worked on my bike...

hessianmx111: yah thankx of the diss and the compliment.. unfortunatly i dont have money to get a brand new pipe.. or i would get a new one..:ermm: maybe when i start workin again ill think about gettin one.... but other then that im not in a hurry to get one..

but if you guys are concerned about it.. please donate to the "RYAN MICHAELS PRO CURCUIT PIPE FUND":blah

02-21-2003, 07:07 PM
if u guys think 4 strokes are a advantage then buy one one day u wont be able to use a 2 stroke who knows how long it will be

spectre
02-21-2003, 07:13 PM
you have some insane pics. Freeride132, keep em comin

02-21-2003, 07:19 PM
hmm is that sarcastic ? if its not i got the pic of colin morrison off skin industries site

kxrider
02-21-2003, 07:20 PM
dude actually the 4 stroke gettin twice as many cc's is a handicape, when u go to races wat classes do they have 125cc, and 250cc, not the 40 horsepower class, and the 55 hp class ??????????

02-21-2003, 07:27 PM
freeride....did you say you were done posting..i dunno...maybe i cant read right

spectre
02-21-2003, 09:18 PM
Freeride132, no that wasn't sarcasm, those r some cool pics.

AndrewRRR
02-22-2003, 01:22 AM
It's kind of a compliment. The 4 strokes can't compete unless they are twice as big as the 2 strokes.
I don't ride 4 strokes because I like the powerband, sound, and simplicity of the 2 strokes. When they make a 250cc 4 stroke that will put out as much power as a 250cc 2 stroke (i'm talkin stock vs stock or build vs built), i'll concede, but until then, I'm gonna stick to my guns and say it's B.S. to let 450cc 4 strokes run against 250cc 2 strokes. Make them 4 strokers run in the open class and see how they do :devil
As for your pipe, dents can decrease performance, you change the volume inside the pipe, as well as change the shape. 2 stroke pipes are tuned to deliever the right exhaust pulse at the right time, and the right intensity. Dents affect this, some more than others. If you don't notice a decrease in performance, then obviously it didn't affect it much, no matter what people try to tell you.

02-22-2003, 07:47 AM
thanks spectre

Jay300ex
02-22-2003, 09:41 AM
The 4 strokes can't compete unless they are twice as big as the 2 strokes.

The only reason for this is because there is twice as many strokes before there is a power stroke on four strokes than 2 strokes. Makes sence doesnt it?

Jay

ATCRYDER
02-22-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Jay300ex
The only reason for this is because there is twice as many strokes before there is a power stroke on four strokes than 2 strokes. Makes sence doesnt it?

Jay

No. Not exactly. But we can say that.

kxrider
02-22-2003, 09:57 AM
It's kind of a compliment. The 4 strokes can't compete unless they are twice as big as the 2 strokes.
I don't ride 4 strokes because I like the powerband, sound, and simplicity of the 2 strokes. When they make a 250cc 4 stroke that will put out as much power as a 250cc 2 stroke (i'm talkin stock vs stock or build vs built), i'll concede, but until then, I'm gonna stick to my guns and say it's B.S. to let 450cc 4 strokes run against 250cc 2 strokes. Make them 4 strokers run in the open class and see how they do :devil
As for your pipe, dents can decrease performance, you change the volume inside the pipe, as well as change the shape. 2 stroke pipes are tuned to deliever the right exhaust pulse at the right time, and the right intensity. Dents affect this, some more than others. If you don't notice a decrease in performance, then obviously it didn't affect it much, no matter what people try to tell you.

exactly wat i am tryin to say when they make a 4 stroke 250cc that will run with a 250cc 2stroke, im all for it but until then :macho

LapTraffic
02-22-2003, 10:18 AM
I dont have a lot of experience in this and Ive never raced MX.

My freind has a YZ 250 with a pipe. We are about dead even in a drag race, win goes to the hole shot every time. (Im stock cannibal)

Again, I cant speak for MX because I havent done it yet but on the trails I flat kick his ***.

A quad is simply more forgiving than a bike. Though I think in the end you can do more / faster on a bike than on a quad.

250x
02-22-2003, 02:54 PM
anyone can tear up a track with whatever they ride. a freind invited me and my quad riding buddies over to ride their mx track cuz we help condition the track with our quads. you just have to respect the track. quads if rode corectly help push the dirt back on top of burms by comming in sharp and sliding. dont ride up top like the dirtbikes cuz you will just push the dirt off the burm. and DONT gas it over the lip of jumps! you can excelerate up but no need to pin it and knock the lip down. quads help oviod ruts. we all just need to learn to work together doing what we all love. but too many over hyper quad riders want to just go out there and throw dirt all over and act crazy. makes us all look bad.

Nausty
02-22-2003, 03:00 PM
I hate how 4 strokes can race with the 2 strokes. Yeah, a 450cc 4 stroke makes about the same hp as a 250cc 2 stroke so they let them run together... but they don't take into consideration how much more torque the 4 strokes make, so they end up with an unfair advangtage. Thats why the 4 strokes are dominating. Race 4 strokes against 4 strokes and 2 strokes against 2 strokes!

yah but ama is trying to get manufactures to start producing 4 strokes and refining them because in the end I think 2 strokes will be banned from production just like superbikes. And like the saying goes "if you can't beat em', might as well join em'"

01TRX300EX
02-22-2003, 06:18 PM
Around here the dirtbike riders and quad riders get along, they are always asking me about mine and I am always asking them about theirs. They love it when the quads go out before them, the quad riders usually take the ruts out and smooth out the track. I cant wait until I get a job so I can buy a RM125 or CR125, to start racing them and use my 300EX for the trails.

02-22-2003, 06:43 PM
i want a another bike...i shoulda kept my 167:confused2

02-22-2003, 06:45 PM
Yea but then you wouldn't of been able to mod your quad out some last year.. :ermm:

Pro400EXC
02-22-2003, 10:11 PM
is it me or does Rookie seem to acting more and more immature and sounding like a lil 13yr old punk ***?I mena latley his posts have been lame and pointless,and he's sounding just imature i guwss....

anyways about bikes..the only bad thing about dirtbikes is that you need a new one eevery 2yrs,cause any longer and its out-datted,cause everey yr somehting is new on a YZ,CR,RM,KX,or the 4stks,ity can be a jetting change,porting configs,shock change,wtf ever,but if yoiu wanna stay competitive in the dirtbike world,you def need a new bike every 2yrs or less,but quads yah know,you can have a clapped out 87 R and still be good......

Also,bike are awsome,and i dunno if the quads will ever bee at the level a dirtbike will be.......cause the more quads advance,the more bieks do...it'll be a while before you see a quad clear a 110ft tripple right after a 180degree berm.or a quad race the same track Carmichael or Stewart race at Anehiam or any of the Pro SX indoor bike tracks,,maybe an arean cross,lol (those are a joke)