PDA

View Full Version : Head gasket leak

bigdaddy77
04-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Put 114cc big bore kit in my boys quad. Got one good ride on it and noticed oil leak on bottom of head gasket. (between head and cylinder) Was told by tbolt to put new gasket and leave out orings. Any body experience any thing similar? What about Hondabond or yamabond. Tbolt said that is a at the track fix(meaning yama bond)
I thought maybe acorn nut was bottoming out so I added extra washer and re torqued and pulled end threads off of head bolt. Was able to fix with a regular nut and no washer . Waiting to here from Tbolt about new head bolt going to install when I get time and parts and new gasket kit.
Can you pull head and or cylinder with motor in quad? Any input would be great, thought I had it all put back to together to the T and I end with this!

leager-n-ky
04-26-2011, 02:02 PM
No, You can not take the cylinder off in the frame. The four rods that run through the cylinder, into the cases, and your acorn nuts thread onto to hold the head down, are two different lengths. make sure you have the correct ones, in the right holes. make sure your o-rings didnt come out of their little grooved area.
I forgot about the wheels again $ 50 for both rear wheels, and four cylinder rods shipped.