PDA

View Full Version : Gold Paint

fastrnrik
04-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Not "really " a 250R question....but looking for some info.

We're starting on my sons next DRR build. All of his bikes look the same- kawi green & blue, and he want's something different for this one. We were going to do an ALL white bike, but I'm a longtime R guy so I suggested the 250R look with the white plastics, red frame, gold a arms, wheels, & swingarm, blue hood & seat, etc. I can get him some custom red & blue graphics made to tie it together. Kind of like the retro looking 450R's K&K did awhile back. I showed him some pics and he dug it so off we go on our DRR/250R retro build. LOL
Anyway, my question was- what gold paint is "close" to the original gold? Is there a good rattle can or even auto paint?Obviously it doesn't have to be a perfect Honda match, but I will have to paint the a arms (cuz of ball joints. we have to run stock a arms in our series), and i was going to get the wheels & swinger pc'd so I kinda want the a arms to somewhat match.

Sorry if this has been covered. I searched & didn't really find anything specific. Any info would be appreciated.

DnB_racing
04-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Rustoleum 7270 Gold Rush Metallic is what i have seen used by other members

fastrnrik
04-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Great! That's what I needed to know on the gold paint.

we're going to stick to the retro theme and run a DG bumper. We will have to cut & reweld mounts but no biggie. If someone could give me a width of the actual bumper itself that would be cool. If an R bumper is too wide, I'll modify one from a TRX90 to fit.

fastrnrik
04-25-2011, 10:27 PM
This is kinda what Im shootin for...

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=451659&perpage=10&highlight=white&pagenumber=1
scroll down a couple posts

socal
04-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Rustoleum gold rush is accurate,I sprayed my hubs today!The PC is called sun gold and the # is PC365...Be sure to post up pics!!!