PDA

View Full Version : Lets Race!!! Dragoon Creek

Grande Huevos
04-25-2011, 08:11 PM
just wondering if any of you boys have ever ridin or raced at a place called dragoon creek? its just south of topeka ks on 75 highway. To my knowlege its one of the only tracks anywhere near me that actually allows quads on it!! dang dirtbikers thinking were gonna mess there track up!, anyways i raced once last year and it was a blast, actually a pretty nice track thats well groomed. I have a friend whos little boys races his pw 50 out there and they have an atv open class which i want to run but my buddy says the last 4 weeks there has only been 3 quads there, and i dont wanna drive an hr wait around all day to run 1 race against 3 other guys! so if anybody lives around the kc/topeka area maybe we could start to get some guys to go race???????? even if u have friends on 4 pokes or whatever idc i just want some competition!!!!! its only like $30 and anybody can go the only rules r u have to have numbers, also if u win i think u get ur money back. There is a race this sun for those interested! let me kno what ya think!

troybilt
04-26-2011, 07:10 AM
I'll go as soon as my Laeger is finished. I've been wanting to go there for awhile now, just didn't have anyone to ride with.

Honda 250r 001
04-26-2011, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Grande Huevos
just wondering if any of you boys have ever ridin or raced at a place called dragoon creek? its just south of topeka ks on 75 highway. To my knowlege its one of the only tracks anywhere near me that actually allows quads on it!! dang dirtbikers thinking were gonna mess there track up!, anyways i raced once last year and it was a blast, actually a pretty nice track thats well groomed. I have a friend whos little boys races his pw 50 out there and they have an atv open class which i want to run but my buddy says the last 4 weeks there has only been 3 quads there, and i dont wanna drive an hr wait around all day to run 1 race against 3 other guys! so if anybody lives around the kc/topeka area maybe we could start to get some guys to go race???????? even if u have friends on 4 pokes or whatever idc i just want some competition!!!!! its only like $30 and anybody can go the only rules r u have to have numbers, also if u win i think u get ur money back. There is a race this sun for those interested! let me kno what ya think!

Race is may 15th, Hey ill be there! Are you going Grande Huevos?

It looks like to me after researching this track, its not very agressive, There is a racing series called KAMS that races in park city kansas and inman kansas if your looking for placed to race. Just FYI.

Ill still prolly show up and try it out though!

4wheelmx
04-26-2011, 09:10 AM
I hope some of you guys show up. I have been the only two stroke there the last two races.

Honda 250r 001
04-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by 4wheelmx
I hope some of you guys show up. I have been the only two stroke there the last two races.

Patrick,
Hows the track compared to say inman? Ive never rode at dragoon before and it would be my first time heading out, do you think i could handle it just showin up without practise?
Whats the track have as far as jumps and doubles?

Thanks
Will

4wheelmx
04-26-2011, 11:19 AM
The track is shorter than Inman. They built the track for every level of rider. There is nothing to technical. You would be fine with just showing up on race day and racing. If you want to go practice there sometime before the race let know, I will meet you there.

Honda 250r 001
04-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Alright, sounds good! ill let you know.

danhung11
04-26-2011, 07:23 PM
do they have a website to this track? I am somewhat new to the sunflower state, so any information would be appreciated.

KSRRider
04-26-2011, 07:30 PM
I've driven by this track several times and always wanted to ride it. Never have seen any activity on it while driving by though.

troybilt
04-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
do they have a website to this track? I am somewhat new to the sunflower state, so any information would be appreciated.

Ask and yee shall recieve:

http://www.dragoonmotocross.com/

I want to ride here, this is a new track that just opened last summer, I drive by it everytime I go home: (Salina)

http://www.prairieharbor.com/

danhung11
04-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Both of those places are fairly close by... Not going to be able to make the Lyndon race on the 15th, have my daughter 1st birthday.

Anyone ever been to praireharbor? Those ruts are pretty nasty, looks like dirtbikes only in the photos...

Check this out Troy, doesn't say anything about ATV's on the track.

Prairie Harbor caters to off road recreation that includes:
•Dirt bikes - mx track and trails
•ATVs & UTVs- trails

•Go carts, etc. - trails
•Bicycles - track, trails, and jumps
•R/C cars - track, trails, and jumps

Honda 250r 001
04-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by troybilt
Ask and yee shall recieve:

http://www.dragoonmotocross.com/

I want to ride here, this is a new track that just opened last summer, I drive by it everytime I go home: (Salina)

http://www.prairieharbor.com/

A friend went to prairie harbor a while back with his YZ 125 dirtbike, he was able to hit everything just fine and he said it was a pretty cool track, but everyone of my quad friends who went out there wrecked the first time they were out there. I hear the jumps are kinda un even and it can sometimes be unpredictable. They have prolly changed it since then but i would take er easy out there haha.

4wheelmx
04-26-2011, 07:57 PM
The Salina track web site says them don't let quads on the MX track anymore. THAT SUCKS!

troybilt
04-26-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm pretty sure they let quads on there.

Dan have you seen the track here in Manhattan? You have to be a member or something, also not sure if they are quad friendly, decent track though...

troybilt
04-26-2011, 08:00 PM
The Salina track web site says them don't let quads on the MX track anymore. THAT SUCKS!

You've got to be Fn kidding me... well that blows that out the water... That was one of the reasons I was building an MX bike... son of a batch...

troybilt
04-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Shyt!

Unfortunately due to track conditions and popular demand ATVs will no longer be allowed to ride on the motocross track. ATVs are still welcome to ride the trail and mini track. We apologize for the inconvenience.

danhung11
04-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Nope... I haven't been on a track in a couple years - before I moved down here to the Little Apple. One of my buddies has a private track back home that's pretty sweet, it's a 3 acre track sitting on 10 acres, just outside city limits - that was the last time and we were pretty frequent out there. Looking foward to getting back into it, just can't hurt myself since wife and kiddo stay at home... that'd suck! :(

Honda 250r 001
04-26-2011, 08:24 PM
You've got to be Fn kidding me... well that blows that out the water... That was one of the reasons I was building an MX bike... son of a batch...

Come on now, you can still come down to wichita to race on some sweet tracks!

danhung11
04-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Honda 250r 001
Come on now, you can still come down to wichita to race on some sweet tracks!

What are the names of the tracks down there?

Grande Huevos
04-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Race is may 15th, Hey ill be there! Are you going Grande Huevos?

It looks like to me after researching this track, its not very agressive, There is a racing series called KAMS that races in park city kansas and inman kansas if your looking for placed to race. Just FYI.

Ill still prolly show up and try it out though! i rode this track once last year. had never been on a track at all until race day and absolutly loved it!!! the only thing that sucked was my conditioning! i would have never thought one race could ware u out so fast! and no its not real agressive but there r some good jumps i think only 1 double? and a pretty sweet up hill jump that u launch pretty good on. If we can get some people out there....and it sounds like we will i will def b there and im Not sure where park city or inman r at but if its not to far i would love to go!! is there a cc limit for the 2 strokes or is it an open class?, because i only have one bike and its a 330

Grande Huevos
04-26-2011, 09:19 PM
I hope some of you guys show up. I have been the only two stroke there the last two races. how many quads usually show up? what r they? last time i went, last year.... there was bout 10-12 quads ranging from 300ex 400ex couple 450s raptor and my bro and i repn the Rs!!! . there is a race this sun right?

stever250r
04-26-2011, 09:27 PM
i rode this track once last year. had never been on a track at all until race day and absolutly loved it!!! the only thing that sucked was my conditioning! i would have never thought one race could ware u out so fast! and no its not real agressive but there r some good jumps i think only 1 double? and a pretty sweet up hill jump that u launch pretty good on. If we can get some people out there....and it sounds like we will i will def b there and im Not sure where park city or inman r at but if its not to far i would love to go!! is there a cc limit for the 2 strokes or is it an open class?, because i only have one bike and its a 330

This is the track that I raced on back in 2004 when I was working in Topeka...

I dont know how much the track has changed, but I would agree with what everone else has said.

It is tailored towards your average rider, and is built very quad friendly. Nothing too aggressive, but not boring either. Plenty wide enough to pass, and plenty of flat to get into a few different gears..

That uphill jump that is mentioned is the one on the backside that I was referring too in Dans Laeger build post... You drop down in that little bottom and before you know it you are carrying some pretty good speed. That uphill jump will sneak up on you in a hurry, and if you dont watch you will carry too much speed and overjump the left hand turn that comes after it..

I wish I had a bike ready and could join you guys for this one.. I would make the 10 hour trip for a weekend of fun and the opportunity to meet some other members..

Could you imagine having about 15 250R's lined up on the start gate all at the same time... That would be Great...

Have fun guys.. Wish I could join ya.. .

Honda 250r 001
04-27-2011, 06:44 AM
Well see, the association, CKMS has recently clanged. They use to have a quad series on all 5 tracks in kansas. But they dropped the quads and we had to start out own association, KAMS. So we so far can only race on 2 out of 5 tracks, we can practise on 3 out of 5, but can only race on 2. Marion MX in marion kansas, lets us practise but no race there yet. Inman MX, in inman kansas has a race, and Jeeps in park city kansas has a race. Theres more info on the series here.
http://jeepscycleclub.com/

trs9102
04-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Well see, the association, CKMS has recently clanged. They use to have a quad series on all 5 tracks in kansas. But they dropped the quads and we had to start out own association, KAMS. So we so far can only race on 2 out of 5 tracks, we can practise on 3 out of 5, but can only race on 2. Marion MX in marion kansas, lets us practise but no race there yet. Inman MX, in inman kansas has a race, and Jeeps in park city kansas has a race. Theres more info on the series here.
http://jeepscycleclub.com/

Honda 250r 001, do they allow trikes? Just curious, I didn't see anything in the rules but they do mention requirements for nerf bars. That might feel strange.

Honda 250r 001
04-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by trs9102
Honda 250r 001, do they allow trikes? Just curious, I didn't see anything in the rules but they do mention requirements for nerf bars. That might feel strange.

I think they would allow trikes, but there arent any racing at the current time. They arent very strict on the nerf bar rule. I think you would be fine without them. I just believe they added that to scare people into buying a set and saving the broken ankle.

troybilt
04-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by trs9102

Trent you need nerfs with that rig of your's... and get rid of that twist throttle!!

danhung11
04-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Trent you need nerfs with that rig of your's... and get rid of that twist throttle!!

Or he could just build a new TPC 450R Trike!!! :D That one we saw down at Waynoka was sweet!!!

4wheelmx
04-27-2011, 05:22 PM
how many quads usually show up? what r they? last time i went, last year.... there was bout 10-12 quads ranging from 300ex 400ex couple 450s raptor and my bro and i rep the Rs!!! . there is a race this sun right? The first race there was me and a LTR. The second race there was a LTR and a 250 Raptor and me. The race at Inman had around probably fifty or so quads there. They have a bunch of different classes for the quads. Dragoon only has the ATV open and a beginner class. I go to Dragoon because it is close to me and to put in laps to get back into shape for the KAMS series races.

Honda 250r 001
02-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Troybuilt, danhung11 and Grande Huevos, any of you guys plannin on racing this year? It would be cool to have you guys come down and race motocross in the KAMS series once with Patrick and I and represent the 250r, atleast once! First race is april 22nd!
:cool:

troybilt
02-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Troybuilt, danhung11 and Grande Huevos, any of you guys plannin on racing this year? It would be cool to have you guys come down and race motocross in the KAMS series once with Patrick and I and represent the 250r, atleast once! First race is april 22nd!

My motor is not scheduled to be done until May. Do they allow 500cc 2 strokes on the track... :devil: :devil:

danhung11
02-21-2012, 06:39 PM
I didn't find a website, but did see their FB page. Can someone who is familiar with the locations define the cities of these races? Can you run these on non race weekends?

Jeeps
Inman
Bar2Bar
Prairie Harbor

4wheelmx
02-21-2012, 06:58 PM
round 1 April 22 Inman
round 2 May 6 Prairie Harbor
round 3 May 20 Jeeps
round 4 July 29 Bar2bar
round 5Aug 12 Jeeps
round 6 Sept. 23 Prarie harbor

danhung11
02-21-2012, 07:04 PM
I saw the schedule on FB. I am unfamiliar with the race locations, I am referring to the actual city or geographical location.

4wheelmx
02-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Inman is by Mcpherson. Prarie Harbor is in Salina. Jeeps is in Park City (outside of Wichita), Bar2Bar is in Maize, by Wichita

Grande Huevos
02-21-2012, 07:36 PM
I prob wont run the series but i would like to make it out at least once. I will for sure be at dragoon but most the time there isnt a very big turn out on the atvs :( but its close to me and i go watch my buddies 6 year old rip it up! I heard rumors that the wichita track stopped letting quads on??? Can anybody confirm this?

rektec250r
02-22-2012, 07:59 AM
It's a shame thunderhill mx is done. Had a lot of fun on that track.

Honda 250r 001
02-22-2012, 08:02 AM
My motor is not scheduled to be done until May. Do they allow 500cc 2 strokes on the track... :devil: :devil:

Of course they let 500's out there! Its just a skill level based class set up.

Open beginner
Atv C
Atv B
Atv A
Atv Pro Am
Atv Vet 30

you can also ride on the tracks when ever you want, as long as you have a key. Ive got a key for the Inman track so if you guys wanna go ride on it sometime, let me know!

troybilt
02-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Of course they let 500's out there! Its just a skill level based class set up.

Open beginner
Atv C
Atv B
Atv A
Atv Pro Am
Atv Vet 30

yea, but I don't see a class for fat, old and slow!! F.O.S. :D

Honda 250r 001
02-22-2012, 12:15 PM
yea, but I don't see a class for fat, old and slow!! F.O.S. :D

Well, Let me know if you want to go practise. I have a buddy that has a key to Jeeps (wichita), and Ive got a key for inman. Then maybe you can decide if you wanna race or not.:cool: