PDA

View Full Version : local riders destroy soccer field Mass.

jgar
04-25-2011, 07:38 PM
The title says it all... Here in mass. we had some local riders trash a youth soccer field. Mass is a tough state to ride in. A lot of people here hate us and including the state government. Most of our legal riding places have been closed down and we can ride in only 4 state parks. Problems like the soccer field are rare. So we are trying to have a charity ride to raise some $ to donate so the field can be repaired. If any of you guys are local it might be a good time and place to meet other riders, find new places to ride, and join in on our many day trip group rides. Here is some info.
1. http://www.telegram.com/article/20110421/NEWS/104219357/1101/rss01&source=rss
http://forums.atvconnection.com/where-ride/336615-operation-charlton-ma.html
http://atv-charity.yolasite.com/

DnB_racing
04-25-2011, 08:36 PM
those douchebags, like we dont have it hard enough finding places to ride!

are you guys riding anyplace this coming weekend?if so ill see if a couple of my buddies can make a trip if you have someplace decent to ride still

rollie
04-25-2011, 08:37 PM
wow i hope those kids get caught and get the book thrown at them, too bad my four wheeler is all MX'ed out or else i would be all over going to the ride, did you post this on the NEATV-MX Forum? perhaps you could come to a race and set up a little section for it and take donations that way?

exrider12
04-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Idiots... I hate seeing this:mad:

Aarons 01 400EX
04-25-2011, 10:07 PM
Not to sound like an ***, but from the picture it looks like the grass was damaged. Most soccer field get that much damage from playing on them.

It looks like you need a couple volunteers, some grass seed, and a couple weeks to let the grass grow back before it can be mowed and played on.

* I am in no way defending the idiot that did this, just pointing out that it shouldn't cost too much to fix with the help of volunteers*

DnB_racing
04-25-2011, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Aarons 01 400EX
Not to sound like an ***, but from the picture it looks like the grass was damaged. Most soccer field get that much damage from playing on them.

It looks like you need a couple volunteers, some grass seed, and a couple weeks to let the grass grow back before it can be mowed and played on.

* I am in no way defending the idiot that did this, just pointing out that it shouldn't cost too much to fix with the help of volunteers* to me it looks like its into the dirt and left a trench, that's all we need is some poor kid to hurt himself in a ditch caused by an atv, and this state would probably outlaw the sales of all quads, in this state the government thinks all, hand guns, and pitbulls and quads, should be outlawed, we mustn't be a responsible resident if you own one,

jcs003
04-26-2011, 12:24 PM
i wonder if any of these d-bags are members here...

DnB_racing
04-26-2011, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by jcs003
i wonder if any of these d-bags are members here... its too bad we cant do a member search,and have it classified by state and towns,
not just for the sake of a witch hunt, but to be able to organize and gain some power with our numbers,
to help better the image,by means of fundraising and trail clean ups and maintaining , just letting the legislators know that were not criminals,but decent caring citizens

witech
04-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Are they sure that an atv even did that? The first big doughnut if you look to the left it went into a one wheeled spin. Which would indicate a open differntial. How many quads have an open rear diff? If it was a quad then Id say it would have been one that lived very close unless there was a trail going to it .

OldGuyonaQuad
04-26-2011, 04:27 PM
These marks were made by a Metallic Green 1963 Pontiac Tempest.

It's a fact. :D

walker054
04-26-2011, 04:29 PM
do not look like quad tracks to me, almost too far apart and looks like only one wheel spinning.

chucked
04-26-2011, 04:52 PM
I'd have to agree with a few of you guys, I dont think it was an ATV either. I'd need to see some measurements. Wheels look too far apart on other parts as well. Just doesnt look like a quad did that.

CJM
04-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Looks like a jeep to me.

mr.muddmotors
04-26-2011, 05:22 PM
those do not look like quad tracks to me way too wide besides the open diff.

DnB_racing
04-26-2011, 05:23 PM
That's the problem we face in Mass. even if its not quads, we still take the wrap for it!
I said it before we are looked at as criminals,
its reasons like this, I go nuts when I see people post videos of themselves riding in the road or doing things illegal,

I hope you guys in other states never have to deal with such ignorance, and intolerance, as we do, just enjoying our sport, with our families and friends.we are labeled criminals!!

CJM
04-26-2011, 05:39 PM
NJ aint much better, I know your pain all to well.

Here they wont let you ride ANYWHERE pretty much unless its your own property (and even then there are stipulations sometimes). They RUINED an offroad park they spent alot of money on cause some environmentalist idiot decided the spotted owl lived there (or some junk) and now its closed and they caused devastation to the local pine trees by xcutting many down to block you.

I thank god everyday I found a few riders and we got a few spots-but its still nothing like it is in other places.

DnB_racing
04-26-2011, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by CJM
NJ aint much better, I know your pain all to well.

Here they wont let you ride ANYWHERE pretty much unless its your own property (and even then there are stipulations sometimes). They RUINED an offroad park they spent alot of money on cause some environmentalist idiot decided the spotted owl lived there (or some junk) and now its closed and they caused devastation to the local pine trees by xcutting many down to block you.

I thank god everyday I found a few riders and we got a few spots-but its still nothing like it is in other places. one of our big problems is the poor endangered spotted salamander, you cant ride within 300 yards of wetlands, or through any vernal pools. and any mud puddles because they are the breeding area for the food supply of the spotted salamander, and the fields are the areas that supply the food of the food that feeds the spotted salamander, and so on and so on!!LOL

CJM
04-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
one of our big problems is the poor endangered spotted salamander, you cant ride within 300 yards of wetlands, or through any vernal pools. and any mud puddles because they are the breeding area for the food supply of the spotted salamander, and the fields are the areas that supply the food of the food that feeds the spotted salamander, and so on and so on!!LOL

The greenies just have more clout that we do sadly. They have lawyers and prominent people on thier payroll-who do we have but ourselves.

jgar
04-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Ok guys, Beergut on atvconnection forum is doing most of the work. He has been down to see the local PD chief. Everyone who has seen it in person feels it is from a atv. But like D&B says even if it was a jeep we would get blamed for it. In Mass. there are more haters gunning for us. We have 4 parks to ride in and over the last 25yrs almost 30 have been closed to us.... Get a load of this with the new atv laws all ohv need to be registered. Even if you come in from out of state to race on a track for the afternoon and then go home.....
Anyway if anyone here wants to join in feel free, you have the links.
Hey D&B out in pitsfield state park the mud puddles are now "vernal pools" and and about 1/2 of the trails are "temporarily" closed. I have talked to you on here before. Iam up in Ashburnham. Next time we go to Winchendon or up to nh. I will let you know. You have nh tags??

jgar
04-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by CJM
The greenies just have more clout that we do sadly. They have lawyers and prominent people on thier payroll-who do we have but ourselves.

Yea, like the Sierra club.....I call them eco nazis, and they will try to hurt you to save a fern.

DnB_racing
04-26-2011, 06:31 PM
jgar ya I know Ive talked with you last year I think about riding winchendon

I dont have NH tags, can I get them easily?
My quad isn't titled I just have certificate of origin, but that's all i needed to register in mass.
Were do I go for NH registration? and do I need to get a rider safety certificate or any thing?

CJM
04-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by jgar
Yea, like the Sierra club.....I call them eco nazis, and they will try to hurt you to save a fern.

Yep, god forbid a fern is getting damaged....the horror.

jgar
04-26-2011, 07:12 PM
jgar ya I know Ive talked with you last year I think about riding winchendon

I dont have NH tags, can I get them easily?
My quad isn't titled I just have certificate of origin, but that's all i needed to register in mass.
Were do I go for NH registration? and do I need to get a rider safety certificate or any thing?

In nh you can get them at most road side stores. I got mine at the state line store, winchendon/fitzwilliam on rt 12. Its $74 and the tags are good from july to july. All you need is a bill of sale with vin on it or title. That is all you need. Its a 5 min. process. We are only 1 hr away from 3 legal trail systems Pisga park (rt119) 25 miles of trails, LMFT (rt12) 80 miles, and Dunbarton (rt13) 30 miles. Lots of good woods riding. The nh trails are closed for mud season but will open mid may.
I parked my 400 for a few weeks to do some work on it. When its done I will show you around if want. Atv connection has lots of local riders. We do lots of group rides, 50-60 mile day trips.

DnB_racing
04-26-2011, 07:18 PM
Yes let me know when your quad is ready, we will definitely do some riding this year!

exrider12
04-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Ok guys, Beergut on atvconnection forum is doing most of the work. He has been down to see the local PD chief. Everyone who has seen it in person feels it is from a atv. But like D&B says even if it was a jeep we would get blamed for it. In Mass. there are more haters gunning for us. We have 4 parks to ride in and over the last 25yrs almost 30 have been closed to us.... Get a load of this with the new atv laws all ohv need to be registered. Even if you come in from out of state to race on a track for the afternoon and then go home.....
Anyway if anyone here wants to join in feel free, you have the links.
Hey D&B out in pitsfield state park the mud puddles are now "vernal pools" and and about 1/2 of the trails are "temporarily" closed. I have talked to you on here before. Iam up in Ashburnham. Next time we go to Winchendon or up to nh. I will let you know. You have nh tags??

You live in Ashburnham? Do you know Pat Dickhaut? Or the Townsend House?

axellmusic19
04-26-2011, 09:32 PM
The Sierra club is also responsible for not allowing the new construction of a replacement Stillwater bridge featured near me on the History channel. I know they aren't the only limiting factor but for years they have battled it. Soon it's gonna collapse, kill all the things in the river below and downstream and then how awesome for the ecology is it? Not even mentioning the lives of the daily commuters at stake.

jgar
04-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by exrider12
You live in Ashburnham? Do you know Pat Dickhaut? Or the Townsend House?
Yes I do. I dont know Pat. I work out of townsend, used to live there. Been to the ToHo many times.

sunco
04-27-2011, 06:42 AM
I read the articles and you know f them - the same way they feel about aw the poor children play there ..........................

We want some where to ride to *******s. Big deal. rake it and put some seed down. like how about the football fields when they get tore up by the players

The school will tell you its thousands of dollars to fix - yeah cause they themselves are full of mismanagement:

:rolleyes:

Everyone is so high & mighty. oooooooooooooooo

Destroyed - not even close - destroyed would be to run a dozer thru it or dig holes - not relocation of grass

tbrackman84
04-27-2011, 07:00 AM
i just don't understand why people feel the need to do this $h!t in the first place! is it really that much fun to do donuts in a grass field, just for the sake of being a douche?

sunco
04-27-2011, 07:36 AM
^^ True

jgar
04-27-2011, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by sunco
I read the articles and you know f them - the same way they feel about aw the poor children play there ..........................

We want some where to ride to *******s. Big deal. rake it and put some seed down. like how about the football fields when they get tore up by the players

The school will tell you its thousands of dollars to fix - yeah cause they themselves are full of mismanagement:

:rolleyes:

Everyone is so high & mighty. oooooooooooooooo

Destroyed - not even close - destroyed would be to run a dozer thru it or dig holes - not relocation of grass

The field is not owned by the town and has nothing to do with the local schools. The Charlton Youth soccer is a non profit .... For kids/adulte ages 4-20.
Destroyed - maby not destroyed. I bet if you caught someone on a quad "relocating" your front lawn you would be out there with a bat looking to relocate some body parts.:rolleyes: oooooooo

sunco
04-27-2011, 07:47 AM
:)

beastlywarrior
04-27-2011, 08:09 AM
it was probably a dirtbiker bustin out his dads rancher lol

fastredrider44
04-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by witech
Are they sure that an atv even did that? The first big doughnut if you look to the left it went into a one wheeled spin. Which would indicate a open differntial. How many quads have an open rear diff? If it was a quad then Id say it would have been one that lived very close unless there was a trail going to it .

Bayou 300.

fastredrider44
04-27-2011, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by OldGuyonaQuad
These marks were made by a Metallic Green 1963 Pontiac Tempest.

It's a fact. :D

LOL! I love that movie.

But on a serious note, this sucks. ATVs or not, I don't like people that're destructive just to be mean.

OldGuyonaQuad
04-27-2011, 12:37 PM
TY I was begining to feel really old even worse, not funny.

I know I made light of the subject but I'm with the rest of you in that this was unnecessary vandalizm and a huge black eye for our sport.

jgar forgive sunco for he lives in the communist state of NJ having been abused by NJDMV & NJDEP, tis not his fault I say!

only five ATV parks in MA :eek2: , I almost fell off my chair when I read that one. That would be 5 move ATV parks then we have here in NJ.

good luck with the fund raiser, great idea way to give back to the community and help imrpove our image in the process.

One a seperate note these kids should be playing Football (American Football that is) anywayz :P

J.B.
04-27-2011, 02:18 PM
At least down here on the South Coast, I know of ZERO places to ride legally. Any ride we are on, we are looking over our shoulders for Enviornmental Police. We ride cranberry bogs, sand pits, power lines and gas lines mostly.

OldGuyonaQuad
04-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by J.B.
At least down here on the South Coast, I know of ZERO places to ride legally. Any ride we are on, we are looking over our shoulders for Enviornmental Police. We ride cranberry bogs, sand pits, power lines and gas lines mostly.

Yea well wait until their budget gets approved to buy some Polaris 800 to run you down like they are doing in NJ state parks.

There is no where in NJ to ride legally. you pay sales tax, registration and get insurnace and park it on your front lawn.

Here is a link to rider planet and while it does appear that places are closing in your area, there are some opening back up this Sunday 5/1. There might be a couple of spots to check out in Ct. as well, hope this helps but trust me I /We feel your pain.

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/massachusetts_list.htm

CJM
04-27-2011, 02:49 PM
^ Funny you should mention the cops trying to chase you on quads. The spot I ride on some time back the cops got whatever utilitys to chase us-they blew them up and wrecked them (in some cases seriously injuring themselves) all to serve a few hundred bucks in fines and maybe impound our stuff. Its almost laughable.

exrider12
04-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Yes I do. I dont know Pat. I work out of townsend, used to live there. Been to the ToHo many times.

Those are my cousins that own the townsend house haha small world

sunco
04-27-2011, 03:11 PM
thanks old guy. I think you got it exactly.
Welcome to nj

OldGuyonaQuad
04-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by CJM
^ Funny you should mention the cops trying to chase you on quads. The spot I ride on some time back the cops got whatever utilitys to chase us-they blew them up and wrecked them (in some cases seriously injuring themselves) all to serve a few hundred bucks in fines and maybe impound our stuff. Its almost laughable.

Thanks CLM that made my day, the blowing them up part not the getting hurt part. ;) noobs

jgar
04-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Ct. and Ri. are the same way no legal places to ride. In ma. a percentage of our registration money goes to the enviornmental police so they can chase us down. Most local cops dont care as long as you are off the road and not pissing people off.
Funny thing is if I rember correctly there are about 40 Thousand atv tags in this state. I dont think we have 150 miles of legal trails. The good part is we are close to nh and they want us to come ride up there. At jerico state park in nh. you can ride through the town of berlin (stop for a meal, get gas) to get to the other side of the park.

The only parks open to the public and atv are Pittsfield, only half of the trails are open and now you need a permit from the park to ride. Tolland is open and "rocktober" october mtn. is open. The other state parks are closed to atv, dirt bikes only. The other places are private tracks.

Exrider12 in townsend a few years ago a local builder was going to buy a huge tract of land and build a legit track and free ride area. But the state, and local towns put a end to that.

jgar
04-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by OldGuyonaQuad
Thanks CLM that made my day, the blowing them up part not the getting hurt part. ;) noobs

x2

exrider12
04-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Ct. and Ri. are the same way no legal places to ride. In ma. a percentage of our registration money goes to the enviornmental police so they can chase us down. Most local cops dont care as long as you are off the road and not pissing people off.
Funny thing is if I rember correctly there are about 40 Thousand atv tags in this state. I dont think we have 150 miles of legal trails. The good part is we are close to nh and they want us to come ride up there. At jerico state park in nh. you can ride through the town of berlin (stop for a meal, get gas) to get to the other side of the park.

The only parks open to the public and atv are Pittsfield, only half of the trails are open and now you need a permit from the park to ride. Tolland is open and "rocktober" october mtn. is open. The other state parks are closed to atv, dirt bikes only. The other places are private tracks.

Exrider12 in townsend a few years ago a local builder was going to buy a huge tract of land and build a legit track and free ride area. But the state, and local towns put a end to that.

That would have been sick to have a track up there. Im 40 minutes away but still. Only track open to quads near me :ermm:

CJM
04-27-2011, 06:26 PM
I will say I felt bad for the cops hurting themselves tho. I was more annoyed (at least its not my town/county that funded it) they wrecked nice quads and spent the money on them in the first place.

Even better was them trying to fool us-IDK about you guys but you usually see the same people over and over and over each time you go-when new people come were leery of them-specially when they have brand new utilitys and everyone else is riding a sport quad.

Ah the measures they go to make revenue. If they just left it be, made it easier to reg. them and stuff they would make money handover fist.

sunco
04-27-2011, 06:38 PM
Yeah like who are all these kids coming downstairs for breakfast? Are they really mine:confused:

CJM
04-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by sunco
Yeah like who are all these kids coming downstairs for breakfast? Are they really mine:confused:

Hey, does the milkman, mailman or UPS driver come by ALOT?? Is one of them a different color/race than you lol..

If so then...maybe lol

:D

sunco
04-27-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm all of those guys and more. I'm a man of many talents :devil:

jpfmotors
04-28-2011, 08:49 AM
wow I never even new about this I live in the next town over from charlton I have a lot of cool trails that I ride in my area most are oked by landowners if there is any way that I can find out for info about the ride or a number that I can call I would really like to get involved . Should I contact the Charlton Police Dept.?anyway I will be doing some serious riding this sat in palmer if anyone is interested

Ichoptop
04-28-2011, 09:06 AM
this is so wrong. Everyone knows that the best places to ride are golf courses.

jpfmotors
04-28-2011, 09:52 AM
talk about golf courses just permision to ride a vacant golf course riding distance from my house it was so nice ridding there last weekend hahahaha

jgar
04-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by jpfmotors
talk about golf courses just permision to ride a vacant golf course riding distance from my house it was so nice ridding there last weekend hahahaha

All the info needed is in the links on the first post.

DnB_racing
04-29-2011, 03:13 PM
i going riding with a friend tomorrow morning in Athol, I guess there are some power lines and trails branching off them, Ive never been there but ill let you know if its worth it!

jgar
04-29-2011, 04:26 PM
i going riding with a friend tomorrow morning in Athol, I guess there are some power lines and trails branching off them, Ive never been there but ill let you know if its worth it!

Nice, I have a powerline run with lots of trails I want to try in a few weeks. Just over the line in nh. We should figure something out.

DnB_racing
04-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Nice, I have a powerline run with lots of trails I want to try in a few weeks. Just over the line in nh. We should figure something out. the place were going is off a street called Chestnut hill ave in athol, check google earth, and you can see the power lines and lots of woods with trails going into the woods, its near some RR tracks and a river, on the map it looks good size area

BoneStockHonda
04-29-2011, 11:23 PM
Who cares? Soccer blows anyways. :blah:

But in all seriousness, it's ridiculous that some idiot would do this but what does the state expect? They give us no place to ride yet they have a **** fit when something like this happens. NY is the same way, we pay to register our quads (well at least supposed to) yet the only thing you get out of registeration is a nice little fee and a plate so the cops can identify you if they see you. I'd register my quad if the state used my money to give me and fellow riders a safe, legal place to ride but until they can kiss my ***.

Heatpump#4
04-30-2011, 03:40 PM
not taking up for the ppl who did that but it does look like someone with a car or truck did it i mean the tracks are a decent lenght apart and the first donut looks like it spins around posi and then kicks out to one tire yall know how the media is they twist everything... idk just something i noticed

DnB_racing
04-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Nice, I have a powerline run with lots of trails I want to try in a few weeks. Just over the line in nh. We should figure something out. just got back from the Athol powerlines... not worth it!!!!
very muddy, I dont mind mud, but the mud holes had sharp rocks sticking up everywhere, you couldn't power thru the boggs without slamming your a-arms or swinger on rocks!

there were definitely too many rocks sticking up everywhere, all first and second gear riding, it would be fun for a utility, but no good for a race setup or sport quad, and the black flies swarmed! we had to keep goggles on when we stopped just to keep bugs out of our eyes

jpfmotors
04-30-2011, 06:43 PM
palmer riding was sweeeeet We have a real nice 17min xc style track out there steep hills fast sections switch backs rocks sand it has it all I love riding out there as, long as your not afraid of hitting some rocks we go there to train for upcoming races in the NECC series our first race is the next weekend.

jgar
05-01-2011, 05:36 AM
just got back from the Athol powerlines... not worth it!!!!
very muddy, I dont mind mud, but the mud holes had sharp rocks sticking up everywhere, you couldn't power thru the boggs without slamming your a-arms or swinger on rocks!

there were definitely too many rocks sticking up everywhere, all first and second gear riding, it would be fun for a utility, but no good for a race setup or sport quad, and the black flies swarmed! we had to keep goggles on when we stopped just to keep bugs out of our eyes
Doesnt sound like to much fun. I have not found to many places around here that are as rock free as Winch. I run 20's on my 400 and my swing arm plate always takes a beating. My riding buddy has a 700xx and that is a bad *** machine for the trails around here. He never has a problem with rocks.

DnB_racing
05-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Doesnt sound like to much fun. I have not found to many places around here that are as rock free as Winch. I run 20's on my 400 and my swing arm plate always takes a beating. My riding buddy has a 700xx and that is a bad *** machine for the trails around here. He never has a problem with rocks. went riding at winchendon power lines and trails today, what a nice day to ride!!
everyone I was with was trying to stay dry,,,losers,lol
I was jumping into every mud hole and puddle there was

the one big puddle that is on the road and is actually part of the pond, was about 3 feet deep,after I went through it, everyone wimped out and took another way around, I spent the rest of the day trying to splash everyone, or roost them in mud, but all in all a fun day, I just wish there was a little more area to ride.

maybe you know of more trails that connect to more areas, if that place was bigger it would be great

RATPACK Z400
05-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Trails and parks are slowly being taken away and there IS something we can do to get a message someone needs to go to that field and put warning sign up if more trails/parks get takenfrom us around the country more of this is going to happen! I personally would like to see riders burn donuts in every field around the Usa all on the same day! that would send a clear message to the government,tree huggers,etc that you take away are land will do donuts on your sports fields its only fair IMO! there taken away are land over BS bugs,critters,fish,plant as an excuss to stop us riding cause they dont and dont understand it so we will see if they like there sports field ruined for playing on like they ticket/impound are wheelers for riding in the woods bothering no one! Screw them fields! I say ruin more and put signs up saying that if you keep taking are land away this will happen, to the point they need to place cops there to guard fields all around the USA that would be awesome IMO ! Im sure the dirtbike guys would join in as well .Not telling people to do this but this would be a good Idea about getting them to stop closing trails/park IMO

witech
05-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Im pretty sure here in knee jerk reaction America they would ban ATV ownership if that were to happen. Atv riders would be declared terrorists and a navy seal team would start training for new missions.

DnB_racing
05-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by RATPACK Z400
Trails and parks are slowly being taken away and there IS something we can do to get a message someone needs to go to that field and put warning sign up if more trails/parks get takenfrom us around the country more of this is going to happen! I personally would like to see riders burn donuts in every field around the Usa all on the same day! that would send a clear message to the government,tree huggers,etc that you take away are land will do donuts on your sports fields its only fair IMO! there taken away are land over BS bugs,critters,fish,plant as an excuss to stop us riding cause they dont and dont understand it so we will see if they like there sports field ruined for playing on like they ticket/impound are wheelers for riding in the woods bothering no one! Screw them fields! I say ruin more and put signs up saying that if you keep taking are land away this will happen, to the point they need to place cops there to guard fields all around the USA that would be awesome IMO ! Im sure the dirtbike guys would join in as well .Not telling people to do this but this would be a good Idea about getting them to stop closing trails/park IMO lol..... by this logic we can we can work on gun laws by shooting someone! LOL

jgar
05-10-2011, 03:18 AM
went riding at winchendon power lines and trails today, what a nice day to ride!!
everyone I was with was trying to stay dry,,,losers,lol
I was jumping into every mud hole and puddle there was

the one big puddle that is on the road and is actually part of the pond, was about 3 feet deep,after I went through it, everyone wimped out and took another way around, I spent the rest of the day trying to splash everyone, or roost them in mud, but all in all a fun day, I just wish there was a little more area to ride.

maybe you know of more trails that connect to more areas, if that place was bigger it would be great

Now that sounds like fun. There are some trails out back there but not sure how far some of them go. I went to adjust my valves on sat. just to find my rocker cover/upper motor mount has a big crack in in. So I just cleaned it. It took 1/2 a gal of purple power, 3 large cans of wd40, and about 10 beers. At least it looks good now.

jgar
05-10-2011, 09:15 AM
read this
http://www.ijustwannarideinma.com/

DnB_racing
05-10-2011, 10:46 AM
read this
http://www.ijustwannarideinma.com/ good info!!!! one of us should post this link for all mass riders to see.... do you want to make a new post in the open forum asking for all mass riders to read. if you want me to post just let me know.. but I think we need to make sure as many mass people see this!!

jgar
05-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Done. DnB you guys ride every weekend and what type of riding?

DnB_racing
05-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Done. DnB you guys ride every weekend and what type of riding? we ride everything from drags in Maine, the occasional hare scramble in Connecticut, sand pits, mx tracks, not mx races any more, (TO OLD), some Ice,trails, I even tried an oval race at the jolly roger.
but now we have been riding with our sons, and its been mostly trails,and mud...

I love good sweet smelling fudge looking mud!!

I dont like rocks,I dont mind grapefruit sized ones but I hate the big pointy ones that stick up out of the ground and break and bend and beat things

what ever seams to win the vote of the particular riders.lol

we usually ride at least every weekend, during summer almost every day,but that's just a local home Mx type track or local pit,and it gets old after a little while

jgar
05-11-2011, 09:14 AM
When you go out with your boys how big is the group? When I go out on the local trails 4 other riders is about as big of a group as I bring. More than that and its to easy to have problems.
Some of the trails around here are just brutal with rocks. For the most part I dont care what the trails are like but I do really prefer trails with fewer rocks. I'll ride with anyone. Imo some of the best trails around here are the ones with the real pucker factor. The smooth exposed bedrock hill climbs really get the adrenaline going. I would of liked to ride the sand pits off of rt2 in Temp. But from what I have been told it is a easy spot to get fined. Out in Wich. where you guys went have they messed up the trails with the logging going on? I have not been out there since early last fall.

DnB_racing
05-11-2011, 09:42 AM
When you go out with your boys how big is the group? When I go out on the local trails 4 other riders is about as big of a group as I bring. More than that and its to easy to have problems.
Some of the trails around here are just brutal with rocks. For the most part I dont care what the trails are like but I do really prefer trails with fewer rocks. I'll ride with anyone. Imo some of the best trails around here are the ones with the real pucker factor. The smooth exposed bedrock hill climbs really get the adrenaline going. I would of liked to ride the sand pits off of rt2 in Temp. But from what I have been told it is a easy spot to get fined. Out in Wich. where you guys went have they messed up the trails with the logging going on? I have not been out there since early last fall. usually theirs 4-6 of us to go to different spots, but when we ride a small local sand pit in leominster there are others there, sometimes as many as 10. on those days its as much fun to watch as it is to ride, some of those guys are young and have no fear. lol
as far as Templeton you really need to have a good spot to park,we do more in the baldwinsville area its still not open to riding but the police haven't really bothered us as long as were respectful they seam to look the other way.

last time in winchendon the logging was cleaned up alot compared to last fall,last year the trails were all covered with tree tops and was bad on chains from sticks getting stuck, but its a lot better now

in leominster near the new walmart on rt 12 a place we used to call monster land, you can see part of the trails from rt190 has some riding,
and our small local pit is on the fitchburg, leominster line off of airport rd, there's the town sand supply for sanding roads we have the chief of police's permission to ride there,

its kinda small but its fun for a few hours, sometimes the are 15-20 people riding there, the police have a target practice range on the property,and a few times a year they go there and use all the old ammo ... we dont bother them and they dont bother us, as long as we stay clear of the range they dont care

last year my son found at least 100 dropped un shot rounds... they shot thousands of rounds, from many different guns, sounds like a war zone..lol

jgar
05-11-2011, 12:05 PM
LOL funny, I have been to all of those places. Peoples out my way. The people who live on the road in wont give you a hard time as long as you dont ride in. The fitchburg pit, my buddy rides his shee a lot there. Monsterland pre and post wally world. A different friend rides there all the time. He actually came across the bull on the trails that killed the kid on 190 a few weeks before the accident.
Ever been to lost lake in Winch.? That is my stomping ground. A few weeks ago I put together a small group of riders and went out. We meet up with 2 other groups of riders. There were about 20 of us. My friend with a rzr was putting on a show. He was hucking good 40' jumps with that 1000lb ride. Everyone had a blast.
Check your messages.