PDA

View Full Version : Hot cam info

Colby@C&DRacing
02-19-2003, 09:27 AM
I spent some time at the dealer show last weekend with the guys at hot cams. I asked them about some of the questions that have been raised about their cams here is the answers I got to my questions.

#1 can you run hard faced rocker with these cams

Absolutley not! The hard faced rockers will destroy the cam in a very short time they are harder than the cam and wear it out.

#2 can you run the heavier valve springs with this cam.

Yes the valve springs will not hurt anything. We have not see a need to run them but they are just more insurance for guys that race and rev the motor hard for long periods of time

#3 Have you heard of the sprocket splines being too loose on some of the cams

Yes we had some that went out that were machine wrong. We have checked all the other on the self to try to ensure that no more go out that way. But please get the customers a new cam and sent the others back to us.

Just thought I would share this info with you guys. I would just like everyone to now that if you have had the spline problems with your cam let me know and I will get you a new one even if you did not buy it from me :D

Castor-426ex
02-19-2003, 10:12 AM
i just bought a stage 1 it should be here soon...will I know before i install the cam if the flange is loose? or will it develop over time?

is the issue really the cam...or is it due to using a worn flange with a new cam?

thanks

YZROOSTINYA
02-19-2003, 10:28 AM
the cam is the culprit as it does not see wear in the motor. if its tight then its ok, they should be pressed on. if your current flange rocks on your cam get a new flange and cam

i 57.9 on my stage 2 with a stock valvetrain and it looks like new. almost no where at all. rockers look perfect

Colby@C&DRacing
02-19-2003, 04:17 PM
I agree is you can get the sprocket to go on without a press than the cam is not right and you need to replace it. The sprocket dont ware so it is the cam that is at fault.

VegasEx'r
02-19-2003, 07:45 PM
It seems like there are constantly questions/threads about the Hot Cam, maybe a mod should grab this and use it to start a FAQ. Maybe just add in that you don't use the compression release parts with these cams, valve clearance specs, and call it good. Does anybody else agree?

Castor-426ex
02-19-2003, 10:11 PM
yeah i need directions bad...lol

Castor-426ex
02-28-2003, 03:41 AM
ok not good flange goes on by hand all the way...this cam is brand new and perfect....wtf do i do now?

YZROOSTINYA
02-28-2003, 09:08 AM
call Tony at HotCam

(515) 402-8005 x104

UglyMotha™
02-28-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Castor-400ex
ok not good flange goes on by hand all the way...this cam is brand new and perfect....wtf do i do now?

curse and throw it out the window :mad:

jchevy
02-28-2003, 02:29 PM
I am very happy with hotcams service. I bought my stage 1 cam from another member of the board and the flange was loose on it. I called hot cams and talked with shaun. I am sending my cam back and they are going to let me exchange it with a stage 2 if i want.