PDA

View Full Version : Fan

jackrb100
04-25-2011, 02:42 PM
I cannot get my fan to run constantly. I followed the diagram that DnB racing put up for the 06+ 450r with bare minimum including fan. And I grounded the temp sensor wire but nothing. Could somebody just help me to troubleshoot the possible problems it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

DnB_racing
04-25-2011, 03:52 PM
jack I hope you followed this diagram, and just grounded out the yellow/blue from the temp sensor ...

if you removed the reg/rec we have some work to do!

do you still have the auxiliary circuit (red wire from reg/rec)? ??

let me know what you have and we will work it out, when your available let me know, ill check in a few times so we can work this out

if this is how you did it with the the temp sensor, from the fan going to ground to run all the time, if so it should work!

* did you jump the red to black at the key switch?

this is what gives the power to the fan

there is another way! you can run the green from fan to ground or system green (not from cdi) and it will run all the time also, you dont have to ground the etc wire if something else was removed by mistake

jackrb100
04-26-2011, 05:12 AM
Yes I still have the reg/rec and the auxilary circuit. From looking at the diagram again you have the condenser grounded in 2 places but I only grounded it at the rectifier do you think this could maybe be my problem? I will change it when I get a chance to work on the bike. Other than that I think it is the same. And I did splice the red and black wires although they don't go through the key switch first' I just spliced them straight into one another. Really appreciate the help DnB racing. Thanks alot.

jackrb100
04-26-2011, 05:37 AM
Ok I grounded the condenser, and walla the fan runs great. But I have another problem the fan is running the wrong way I'm pritty sure. Do you know why that could be. Thanks again.

jpfmotors
04-26-2011, 06:38 AM
sound like the wires off the fan are switch then the fan will spin the other way

DnB_racing
04-26-2011, 09:28 AM
I wasn't aware that was even possible on the fan motor,are you sure that the plug isn't in backwards at fan plug?

which way is it turning ?
is it sucking air through the radiator, or pushing to the front though the radiator?

which way is it supposed to go?, Ive never noticed, but I would think it would suck the air through, so as your moving it would suck more and not push against the incoming air??

does anyone know for sure which way its supposed to go?

DnB_racing
04-26-2011, 09:42 AM
check the connector that I have circled at the fan on the pic

jpfmotors
04-26-2011, 09:45 AM
It should blow towards the motor

DnB_racing
04-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by jpfmotors
It should blow towards the motor ya that's what i thought! so its actually sucking air through the radiator as you moving

jackrb100
04-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Ok if it's supposed to blow towards the motor then it's ok. I thought that it should blow towards the radiator. In that case I am 100% sorted thanks alot for your help guys, I really appreciate it.

jackrb100
05-09-2011, 12:43 AM
Guys I have another strange problem. I raced the bike at the weekend and when I touched the metal part of the kill switch I got an electric shock. Why would this be live? Any help appreciated.

DnB_racing
05-09-2011, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by jackrb100
Guys I have another strange problem. I raced the bike at the weekend and when I touched the metal part of the kill switch I got an electric shock. Why would this be live? Any help appreciated. some cheaper switches do this, get a pro armor Ive had good luck with them...

but first i would try and swap your wires going to the switch,

its more of a problem then you getting shocked, it could cause running problems when wet, also put some tape insulating your bars ....

also make sure all your grounds are hooked up good

jackrb100
05-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Ok I have also heard that it can cause your stator to go bad if yuor getting shocked of the bike is this true as I dont want a dnf because of a stator problem (its happened before). Thanks again dnb racing.

DnB_racing
05-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Ok I have also heard that it can cause your stator to go bad if yuor getting shocked of the bike is this true as I dont want a dnf because of a stator problem (its happened before). Thanks again dnb racing. i personally haven't heard that it could cause stators to fail, but anything is possible!!
I do know it can cause you to stall when its wet and shorts out to the bars,

what type of switch is it?I would get a quality one and that should fix the issue

jackrb100
05-10-2011, 07:32 AM
The switch is pro design. I would have thought they are one of the more popular ones.

Sjorge450R
05-10-2011, 01:27 PM
The switch is pro design. I would have thought they are one of the more popular ones.

just switch the wires. This is a fairly common problem that many people have when they install their first kill switch on at 450r

DnB_racing
05-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge450R
just switch the wires. This is a fairly common problem that many people have when they install their first kill switch on at 450r there still should be no electrical connection, to the metal of the switch, yes swapping the wires will only make the metal live for a split second while the motor stops,

but that doesnt mean that the switch doesnt have an issue.. for the price of a switch, i would rather replace it, the switches are designed to fail with the quad in the stop position,if it fails it stops the quad

and I would rather spend 35 bucks on a new switch then 50 bucks on a DNF, but that's a personal choice!

jackrb100
05-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Ok thanks guys I will try sort it out at the weekend when I am at home. Thanks for the help much appreciated.

Sjorge450R
05-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
there still should be no electrical connection, to the metal of the switch, yes swapping the wires will only make the metal live for a split second while the motor stops,

but that doesnt mean that the switch doesnt have an issue.. for the price of a switch, i would rather replace it, the switches are designed to fail with the quad in the stop position,if it fails it stops the quad

and I would rather spend 35 bucks on a new switch then 50 bucks on a DNF, but that's a personal choice!

Oh I am right there with you. But I had this issue and I switched my wires and it fixed the problem. Not to mention I have been running the same switch since 05