PDA

View Full Version : need help with pro air shock

Wanna250r
04-25-2011, 02:22 PM
I try to ajust the shock on a 2005 trx450r with LT houser arm but I dont know if I do something wrong or if I do the right way

I put air in the lower chamber first and after in the tender spring chamber...I put 140 psi in the lower and 60 psi in the other and it still to soft and to low
(I use a fox pump if it can help)

I hope someone can help me
thanks

fastredrider44
04-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Maybe the shocks need servicing? Thats way too much air for Axis shocks, unless they're different than mine. Mine say max is 75 and 35 I believe. Do you have the suspension at full droop when you air them up? Maybe they just aren't set up correctly for the arms you have.

Wanna250r
04-25-2011, 04:17 PM
they worked extremely good last year and the bike was in rebuild this winter so the shock did not getting used...I take off the air today and after that I can't find a setup that work good...I dont think the shock was blown because it keep the air all the winter did not lost 1psi...I have try 2 brand new fox pump and the old one that I use last year

But when I begin to take off the pump off it after putting air in it I listen some air that getting out until the pump was completly removed...I was thinking it was the little spring valve so I changed it but I that not resolved my problem

dyno
04-25-2011, 08:37 PM
You need the quad on a stand to make sure the tires are off the ground when setting pressure! Fox pumps work fine! Newer Pro-airs use higher pressures- call Steve at Axis 610-375-6180 for detailed settings!