PDA

View Full Version : Itp Holeshots Vs Razr2 Maxi's

OldGuyonaQuad
04-25-2011, 12:19 PM
I am getting ready to purchase 4 new 6 ply tires for my quad and can't decide between the hole shot vs the maxis. I heard they are pretty much the same tire but the maxi's wear better?

any help is appreciated.

CJM
04-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Maxxis wear like iron, to the degree of barely having to replace them for many people. Holeshots are good too, bit softer. Razr2 is gonna grip very good, if you ever go thru mud or sloppy stuff they wont let you down ever.

Either one is fine inmy book, Ihappen to like the way the maxxis looks and handles overt he holeshots tho.

OldGuyonaQuad
04-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks CJM your reply was the one I was most interested in and almost sent you a pm. You are one of the more knowledgable forum members who is always reaching out to help the less informed, like me. many thanks

razr it is

CJM
04-25-2011, 01:25 PM
Your welcome :)

CJM
04-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Old Guy, I havent gotten any PM-you might want to resend it.

OldGuyonaQuad
04-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by OldGuyonaQuad
Thanks CJM your reply was the one I was most interested in and almost sent you a pm. You are one of the more knowledgable forum members who is always reaching out to help the less informed, like me. many thanks

razr it is almost

CJM
04-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Didnt notice that hehe.

Aarons 01 400EX
04-25-2011, 02:25 PM
I have the Holeshot HD on the back and the RAZR2 on the fronts. I just got the razrs after several people recommended them and the fact that the Holeshots HD's seem to be on backorder everywhere. I've had the HD's for 2+ years and hardly show any wear.

I ride trails.

OldGuyonaQuad
04-25-2011, 02:44 PM
thanks guys for your input

MtnEX
05-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Both are great tires and I like both.

When brand hammer new, the Holeshots are a tad grippier in the slickest of conditions because of the softer compound and grooving the holeshots have.

But that doesn't stand out for long because the softer compound wears a lot quicker.

The Maxxis tires are a better value.
Handle better overall and wear longer.

On a 400EX it is going to be hard to tell a difference in traction... as it just doesn't want to light the tires up as bad as some other quads do.

witech
05-03-2011, 09:19 PM
I had a set of raz2's for a while . Great for mud . I didnt like them for anything else. very bad braking traction , slid out on corners, spun in sand and snow , so so on hard pack. They might be ok on a low horsepower machine like the 300 and 400 cc.