PDA

View Full Version : Heel guards for Laeger chassis

jbltz450
04-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Anyone working on heel guards for the Laeger chassis? With nets would be nice but not going to be picky. I think they would be a hot item if someone could fab them.

Jonny B
04-25-2011, 11:39 AM
I would have interest also...

250Renvy
04-25-2011, 12:22 PM
How do you think they would be different than a stock chassis? Or are you talking propegs?

I'm looking into getting some IMS copies made. Price will be the biggest issue.

etccb
04-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Maybe check with XFR. They have some removable heel guard nerfs with 2" wide pegs for the trx250r. Maybe he will sell the heel guards only and maybe they will bolt right on for you. Give him a call. He was real cool when I talked to him last week about nerfs.

89trx250r
04-25-2011, 01:39 PM
I think I read another post saying that someone was trying to adapt the rath series 44 nerfs from a kfx450r or something to there Walsh or laeger frame which would be sick since all the companies seem to forget where Atv racing started and only cater to the 4 Stroke ***gots :( other then that not to many companies I think roll design makes a set of solid ones (no netting) for aftermarket frames I believe danhung runs them on his sick green arens

DnB_racing
04-25-2011, 01:45 PM
try getting in touch with Lew at http://www.chassisincfab.com/ he is doing some heel gaurds, im not sure if the will fit laeger frames, but he is looking for different ideas!
i bought a set of his custom pegs and they are mean! and his prices are more then resonable, he isnt looking to kill anybodys budget, and has a geniune intrest in keeping the 250 out there, not just making a profit from us

hontrx265r
04-25-2011, 04:24 PM
I would be more then happy to design a heel guard. Probably will for my bike, problem is there are so many combos of chassis/nerfs out there. Getting something that is somewhat "universal" is harder then it seems.

danhung11
04-25-2011, 08:26 PM
You guys think Daryl Rath would take on a project like this if we had some commitments? I've seen some of his nerfs on some hybrids, and they look pretty sharp. Gotta love the net style heal guards.

jbltz450
04-25-2011, 08:34 PM
My Laeger "R" frame has '88-'89 style foot peg mounts and I think there are several like that floating around on this forum...

pdxbigfoot
04-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Lew and I are working on them. Hope fully we will get round 2 of mock up done but I will have to see how everything pans out.
We have one basic prototype done in a mock up stage and thats were it ended last week.

As soon as we get something bolted up I will start a thread. They will fit Roll and Lew's pegs.

Hang tight guys and gals!!

stever250r
04-25-2011, 09:28 PM
I asked this question once before, but didnt get any answers...

AC makes a Nerf Bar with netted heal guards for the 88-89 stock style mounts..

I have seen AC nerfs where they use an adapter to mount to the stock locations and then the nerf bar slides over and bolts to the adapter like a PRO PEG mount would.

I cant tell from the pictures if this is the case with these Nerf Bars.

Does anyone know if the mount / adapter on these Nerfs are removable so you could use these on a Pro Peg frame that doesnt have the stock mount locations?

I would like to have a set of these for my build.. .Laeger Pro Peg Chassis, but I am assuming that they would not work...

What would it take to Make them work?

http://acracing.com/product/ac-racing-250r-mx-peg-1619.htm

danhung11
04-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by stever250r
I asked this question once before, but didnt get any answers...

AC makes a Nerf Bar with netted heal guards for the 88-89 stock style mounts..

I have seen AC nerfs where they use an adapter to mount to the stock locations and then the nerf bar slides over and bolts to the adapter like a PRO PEG mount would.

I cant tell from the pictures if this is the case with these Nerf Bars.

Does anyone know if the mount / adapter on these Nerfs are removable so you could use these on a Pro Peg frame that doesnt have the stock mount locations?

I would like to have a set of these for my build.. .Laeger Pro Peg Chassis, but I am assuming that they would not work...

What would it take to Make them work?

http://acracing.com/product/ac-racing-250r-mx-peg-1619.htm

I think they would work if the straight read line measurement was the same on your propeg frame. I'd give them a call once you had your frame and ask them. Also, the bottom of the foot peg area is weird looking. Don't know if it is tubing all the way down or a bracket of some sore. I'm sure the ID of the nerfs are the same as the propeg mounts, but you could get that measurement as well. You also have to hack off the front of the nerfs, since you won't need those mounts. You know how to weld aluminum?

stever250r
04-25-2011, 09:57 PM
Thanks Dan,

I will have to take some measurements and call them.

They state that the footpegs are removable and can be used without the nerf bars. I am not sure if thats the "wierd" part that you are talking about, or how that would work..

I didnt even think about having to hack off the front mounts.

Thats why I need someone elses opinion.. I tend to overlook things...

I cant weld aluminum, but am wondering since you asked, what exactly would need to be welded?

danhung11
04-25-2011, 10:04 PM
The tubing under the foot peg does not look like the same diameter as the front tubes. I guessing on that as the part of the tube you do see looks thinner than the fronts. Keep us posted with what you find out.

stever250r
04-26-2011, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by danhung11
The tubing under the foot peg does not look like the same diameter as the front tubes. I guessing on that as the part of the tube you do see looks thinner than the fronts. Keep us posted with what you find out.

I had to enlarge the picture a bit, and now I can see what you are talking about.

It looks like the Foot rest and stock mount tube are one piece, attached to the nerf somehow at the end of the peg by the kickup. The rear Nerf tube doesn' seem to extend any further than the end of the kickup on the rest. I guess this design is what gave them the option to use the Peg, independant of the Nerf Bar is you so chose to do so...

Doesnt look like it would work for a Pro Peg mount...

As for the OP, I dont see any reason why these would not mount to a non Pro Peg Laeger frame with 88-89 style Peg Mounts????