PDA

View Full Version : PEP vs Motowoz

jason_david1
04-25-2011, 05:37 AM
I'm getting ready to buy new shocks and want some opinions on which to get. Right now I am undecided between the PEP PB-1 and the Motowoz. Has anyone ran both? I have been doing alot of reading and haven't came up with a clear winner. I know both are great shocks I'm just trying to decide if the PEP are worth the extra money. I'm looking to buy all 3 shocks.

Ellingsoc26
04-25-2011, 07:17 AM
I just switched to PEP this year and i love them. I have never had the chance to try motowaz but i have rode fox elka and custom axis. PEPs are my fav ones for sure

trompen542
04-25-2011, 08:42 AM
Motowoz, great service, price, support and the best we have ridden

rollie
04-25-2011, 09:47 AM
I ride PEP's and I love them, but I don't know anybody with Motowoz that doesn't absolutely love them. a friend of mine broke the top piece clean off the shock, motowoz sent him out out a brand new shock and just had him return the old one to figure out what went wrong, i've been considering switching for a while just for something different. but the PEP's have been good to me so i haven't yet

RadekPL
04-25-2011, 09:57 AM
You can't go wrong either way, but you get nearly same quality, valving etc. for diffrent prices. Motowoz is way cheaper and their customer service is better. Jim will always help you with his shocks. I couldn't be happier with mine, so I ordered another set last month for the new bike... Motowoz will be easier to get serviced and they're lighter than PEP. Two of my friends have PEP shocks in their KTMs, so I had a chance to compare PEP and Motowoz.

jason_david1
04-25-2011, 10:29 AM
I had the PB-1 on my ltr and loved them but now I have a honda again I'm looking into the Motowoz. Whatever I buy will prob be new since I can't find used for my weight and a arms. I like the price tag on the Motowoz but having a hard time getting the PB-1 out of my head. I have heard nothing but good out of the Motowoz but not many people have rode both it seems to be able to compare apples to apples.

tjsdaname
04-25-2011, 03:43 PM
cant say anything about P.E.P....

but I have a motowoz rear, and it is the best I have ever rode.....

Kovatch
04-27-2011, 09:53 AM
I am a huge fan of my PEPs. Most of us have the 8 clickers big rezzies. There are two of the guys on PB-1s and are hands down in love with them. I cannot complain one bit about mine. I have ridden on floats, elkas, PEPs and the PEPs are my choice. If you aren't sure on the price, order a set of the big rezzies. they are $400 or so cheaper than PB-1s.

A couple guys around here just got the motowoz because of the price. I haven't ridden theirs yet, but they seem to like them. They stated they are comparable to the PEPs. If the one had the money, he said he would have gotten the PB-1s.

mxquadracer115
04-27-2011, 10:20 AM
I had PEP PB1's and am now on Motowoz (same bike and arms). Hands down best decision that I have ever made. The tuneablilty of the Motowoz is so much easier and the customer service is next to none!

Lquad71
04-27-2011, 12:18 PM
PB-1's Are by far my favotite shock to date i have ridden on. One of my favotite features is how you dont have to adjust the shocks several clicks before you notice anything. One click and you can tell the first lap back out. Great for saving time at the track for tuning. I havent rode motowoz and ive never heard anything bad about them, but ive rode on quite a few setups and the PB-1's are amazing. If you dont go with the PB-1 and go with a different pep shock then you can upgrade it. Say you buy the ltd. mass and you want to get the zps, you can just send it in and get it changed. Same goes for all of the pep rear shocks. The PB-1"s are the only shock in their lineup that you cant do that however. You will not be unhappy about going with PEP

FHKracingZ
04-27-2011, 06:00 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ellingsoc26
I just switched to PEP this year and i love them. I have never had the chance to try motowaz but i have rode fox elka and custom axis. PEPs are my fav ones for sure [/QUOTE

Ryan you have never tried fox, axis, or elkas setup for you. so dont judge lol.

Ellingsoc26
04-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ellingsoc26
I just switched to PEP this year and i love them. I have never had the chance to try motowaz but i have rode fox elka and custom axis. PEPs are my fav ones for sure [/QUOTE

Ryan you have never tried fox, axis, or elkas setup for you. so dont judge lol.

I said i rode them all homo any shock is good as long as its setup for you

BlaineKaiser450
04-28-2011, 06:40 PM
I loved my Motowoz and wouldn't ride with anything else if I was still racing quads

sunco
04-29-2011, 05:39 AM
I've been running Motowoz for a while & I'm happy with them.

Customer service is great also. They replaced a line on my rear shock N/C when I bought it new. Guess I needed to zip tied it