PDA

View Full Version : Got a motorcycle!

exrider12
04-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Long story short... Its a 1980 Honda 200T that has been sitting in my uncles shed for 13 years. It was my grandpa's way back and he got a bigger bike so this has just sat.

Picked it up today, started tearing it down and cleaning it. Its all there just needs some tlc! Some mice or something definitely got into the airbox! Lots of nuts and other items haha.

Just gotta polish up the chrome, change the oil, spark plugs, air filter and airbox, battery.

Anything else you guys recommend checking? I'll get pics up tomorrow!

Might just fix it up and sell it and upgrade :macho

BlaineKaiser450
04-24-2011, 08:03 PM

Canadian144
04-24-2011, 08:14 PM
I dunno man... if I was given my grandpa's old bike I'd finish what you're doing (a refresh) and then just hold on to it and ride it occasionally.

exrider12
04-24-2011, 09:03 PM
I know Blaine.. Im working on it! I wanna get it looking nice before you guys see it:D

And Candian.. Honestly I dont think they care what I do with it, as long as it was out of his shed haha.

Nice little project though, cant wait to get it running again :cool:

Rich250RRacer
04-25-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by exrider12
Long story short... Its a 1980 Honda 200T that has been sitting in my uncles shed for 13 years. It was my grandpa's way back and he got a bigger bike so this has just sat.

Picked it up today, started tearing it down and cleaning it. Its all there just needs some tlc! Some mice or something definitely got into the airbox! Lots of nuts and other items haha.

Just gotta polish up the chrome, change the oil, spark plugs, air filter and airbox, battery.

Anything else you guys recommend checking? I'll get pics up tomorrow!

Might just fix it up and sell it and upgrade :macho

May as well plan on buying carb kits, if it's sat that long they're going to need rebuilt. Actually you probably only need one, I think that's a single carb.

exrider12
04-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Just got done doing the carb... it actually cleaned up nice.. just ran out of carb cleaner :o ... Replaced the plugs, and started cleaning the old mouse nest in the air box :scary:

Also, there was water in there along with very old gas.. all gummed up.

Could that water have gotten into the cylinder and rusted everything up??

Also the kicker has no resistence to it? Any idea what that could be?