PDA

View Full Version : Wilmington NC

3x440ex
02-19-2003, 07:03 AM
Anybody live in Wilmington NC or near it......i used to live there years ago (1990) and i want to come down and visit.......we used to ride 4x4's and some 4 wheelers on carline beach...when i come down i need to know if i should bring my quad or just leave it home and bring my fishing rods..

sparks400ex101
02-20-2003, 11:21 AM
actually you are not allowed to ride on the beach anymore , besides there is no where to ride down there anyway and the speed limit was 20....but anyways just leave it at home, no use in bringin it when its agianst the law:D

3x440ex
02-20-2003, 11:52 AM
yeah....they were having a fit when i lived there about people riding on the dunes with 4x4 trucks because of the turtles laying their eggs there....thanks anyways.

sparks400ex101
02-20-2003, 02:17 PM
no prob

luvmyex
02-20-2003, 02:37 PM
where are you talking about,Yellowbanks,or river road?Yellow banks was shut down where you rode at the waterway.But i think they are still riding a river road.Then theres Croatan NF.But thats a lil farther up the coast.

3x440ex
02-21-2003, 06:13 AM
carline beach is the one south of wrightsville beach...we used to do alot of surf fishing there......i got my 4x4 toyota too close to the water line one day and got stuck in the sandy water as the tide was coming in one evening.:confused2 it was like " oh ****, this ain't good time to be getting stuck" the land sand was deep and some trucks couldn't move themselfs much less pull someone out who's bottomed out in the water....the water would come up and start to come in my doors and about 8 of us would pick the truck up and move it up out of the ruts, but as soon as my tires would turn just a little bit, it would drop back down.....finally we lined up about 6 trucks in a row and we got it out that way:blah :blah i was sweatin it out big time that day....

just thought i would share that with you all..:p

MOUSE
02-21-2003, 01:42 PM
i live about 30min from wilmington and like they said you cant ride on carolina beach anymore from what i understand, a few people ride on river rd i think and people still go in the yellowbanks. i havent heard of anybody being locked up or even run off and the guys i know go about every weekend. there are some mx tracks close to wilm. shallotte point track is about 30 min from wilm, hampstead is i think about an 30 min or so and jacksonville mx is i think about 1 hour from wimington.