PDA

View Full Version : Sprocket alignment

rf928
04-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Hey everyone,

We have installed new swing arm (+2) and axle (2+2) on yamaha blaster, and on the new swing arm the back is wider than stock, and the sprocket alignment is off from the front by an entire sprocket width. Is there something we have done wrong? We did press the bearings in as far as they could go.

Thanks for the help

dericsdad
04-24-2011, 08:27 PM
Did you press the seals in all the way too? I made that mistake, but as soon as i started to tighten the axle nut the axle didn't want to turn... because the disc and sprocket hubs were rubbing on the seals.

rf928
04-24-2011, 10:06 PM
No, we have done everything we can think of. The seals helped ever so slightly, but not near enough.

Don't know what to say. We are all stumped.

Up here, racing starts in one week, and we are trying to get into the fields, (farm) but not gonna happen.

lilman
04-25-2011, 11:06 PM
hey guys ill do some phoning around tomorrow give me a call in the am with brand of swinger well see what we can dig up for info,
we droped a valve second ride and the replacement head that we got shipped was assembled wrong apparently so we r shipping it back tomorrow looks like the my bike is getting tore down now for parts:( looks like same ol thing ride for ten min wrench for 3hrs lol have had absolutely no luck with this thing either!! oh yah we have no seat latch yet lol so its zap straps for now gotta love ups