PDA

View Full Version : recommendations on where to send shocks!?

Grande Huevos
04-23-2011, 06:58 AM
wanting to get my shocks custom setup for me and was wondering if anybody knew some good places or prices????

troybilt
04-23-2011, 07:13 AM
What shocks are they? I sent mine to Seth at SF Racing..

Others are Lars at GT Thunder, TCS, JET, Race Tech, there also is a local guy near KC/MO but I forget the name...

Grande Huevos
04-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
What shocks are they? I sent mine to Seth at SF Racing..

Others are Lars at GT Thunder, TCS, JET, Race Tech, there also is a local guy near KC/MO but I forget the name...
they r standard travel tripple rate TCS w remote resovoirs and a comp adjusment on the bottle. not sure how old they are but they look brand new, springs r black and red. I tried calling race tech but the number i found online doesnt seem to work? Were u happy w SF Racing?? Im looking for somwhere that does good work but would like to try and keep it under $400

DnB_racing
04-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Grande Huevos
Were u happy w SF Racing?? Im looking for somwhere that does good work but would like to try and keep it under $400 Seth at SF racing is top notch!! he treats everyone as if they were national championship riders! customer service is second to none,very highly recomend!he will do what he can to stay in your budget and still have the best performance you can get

danhung11
04-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Send them to Laz at GT Thunder, he's basically suspension 101, up to 401. ;) Just fill out his info sheet, turnaround time will shock you as its very quick!

C41Xracer
04-23-2011, 09:20 AM
I agree with dan send them to laz. I had a set of TCS done by him and they were perfect out of the box

cdrookie
04-23-2011, 11:42 AM
you just got them right? did you try them out to see if you like them yet?

CorvetteZ06
04-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Colby at c and d racing is also great!

matt250r21
04-23-2011, 03:31 PM
SF did a great job on my shocks

team green2009
04-24-2011, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
Send them to Laz at GT Thunder, he's basically suspension 101, up to 401. ;) Just fill out his info sheet, turnaround time will shock you as its very quick!

i seen somone ask him how to set a 250r shock up and laz said he didnt know any thing about that bike ......go to ******** under gt thunder and see the quoat your self...........my self i would send it to DERISI he been setting these shock up for a r for a long time and he will hook you up....General Inquiries: info@derisiracing.com
Tech/Setup help: tech@derisiracing.com
Sales/Customer Service: sales@derisiracing.com
Santo DeRisi: santo@derisiracing.com

Business Hours: Monday-Friday 10am – 6pm EST

DeRisi Racing Inc.
418 Moriah Church Rd
Casar, NC 28020

Phone: 704.538.3512
Fax: 704.538.3516
Company Cell Phone: 704.472.4740 (Text Messages Welcome!)

danhung11
04-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by team green2009
i seen somone ask him how to set a 250r shock up and laz said he didnt know any thing about that bike ......go to ******** under gt thunder and see the quoat your self...........my self i would send it to DERISI he been setting these shock up for a r for a long time and he will hook you up....General Inquiries: info@derisiracing.com

DeRisi Racing Inc.
418 Moriah Church Rd
Casar, NC 28020

That's pretty funny, you "seen" him say so huh? I've ridden both Santo's shocks and Laz's on a 250R. I'm not sure if model(s) really matter as long as you give him the measurements he's looking for.

Don't know if you know this, but Laz paired up with HMF and developed his own line of shocks... HLS. So I'm sure he knows just about as much suspension than anyone out there.

The only thing I say about Santo is, I bought a pair of stock revalves on a 450R directly from him. Told him they were for my 250R, and they showed up about 1" too long. Then he took forever to return my calls, email, after dropping $500 with him.

aztecgwynn
04-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Send them to Santo Derisi this guy is good and well worth it. He did that to me not answering phone or emails but understand it this is his busy time but he came through for me, and he's on the east coast and i'm on the west and he nailed the revalves for me.

cdrookie
04-24-2011, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by team green2009
[B]i seen somone ask him how to set a 250r shock up and laz said he didnt know any thing about that bike ......go to ******** under gt thunder and see the quoat your self...........

i just read it, OP said his lil bro had a trx 250, that's all. a 250 what? doubt it was an R, possibly an X, but more likely an ex. read what the OP said and he doesn't sound very old himself, or knowledgeable. i've heard that Laz isn't the most personable person and i can see how he'd just blow someone off instead of spend time educating someone who probably won't spend any money with him anyways.

danhung11
04-24-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by cdrookie
i've heard that Laz isn't the most personable person and i can see how he'd just blow someone off instead of spend time educating someone who probably won't spend any money with him anyways.

That's true, he's pretty short in email or forum replies. He might still be a site sponsor on Q u a d Z o n e. Like I said, just send him the shocks in a box with the information sheet completed and you should have your shocks back in about 2 weeks. No BS. I had my 450R revalves on the once owned 450R back in 10 calendar days. Unreal turnaround times! Sorry guys... I leaked that I once owned a 450R. :p Now my wife wears it on her finger...:o Best investment I've ever made!

C41Xracer
04-24-2011, 05:43 PM
That guy was talking about a 250ex, get your info straight. Ive had a set of shocks on one of my 250r's done by Laz so im pretty sure he knows whay hes doing

danhung11
04-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by C41Xracer
That guy was talking about a 250ex, get your info straight. Ive had a set of shocks on one of my 250r's done by Laz so im pretty sure he knows whay hes doing

Are 250EX shocks even rebuildable? :huh LMAO!!!

woodsracer144
04-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by team green2009

DeRisi Racing Inc.
418 Moriah Church Rd
Casar, NC 28020

how much you get paid for that sales pitch? haha

hartwill
04-24-2011, 09:16 PM
I would say baldwin is the best I have seen so far with the pep shocks. I was going to take mine to gtthunder but he said it would be better if I brought him my whole quad because he wasnt very familliar with it. That would be fine for me because hes only about an hour away but Im going with Baldwin. By the way both gtthunder and baldwin were the same price but baldwin is the only certified pep servicer I believe on the whole east coast, he was very personable I talked to him for about 45 min just because he loves 250Rs, and he doesnt need any measurements or anything he said he already knows them just tell him your setup.
http://www.baldwinmotorsports.com/catalog
(Edit) I just realized that you have TCS shocks. :huh oh well I still vote Baldwin..:blah:

dustin_j
04-25-2011, 06:57 AM
Laz gets some bad publicity because he wants riders to measure their quad to make sure the shocks are done correctly. Most people just want to ship them out and then slap them on. These people will also ride it once, find out it was setup wrong (since they didn't measure anything), and then bad mouth Laz or any builder without giving them the chance to fix it. I recommend Andy at M A U L Tech ATV.

Nac's22
04-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Seth at SF Racing is the best that I've delt with so far.

250r__Ice
04-25-2011, 04:55 PM
I would go with Baldwin Motorsports.

team green2009
04-25-2011, 05:08 PM
Didnt get paid nothing ..but if i did i would try to trow a pich out there ever day.dont mater how much it paid....i know all about laz & hls ....i used to run them before i got some fox shocks...i hered good and bad about them all ....but if i call some one and need some info and how to set a shock up even if there a build sheet and build #...I just need to know what to do...not put in mail and set with no shocks !! and as for what he was talking about ..they were talking about a trx 250 , no one said x or a r so i took it they we talking about a R.. IM NOT BAD MOUTHING NO ONE !! I HAVE HERED BAD FROM BOTH OF THEM..... i really dont care who you use ,There is so many now doing now you have a hand full to choose from. i was just giving some info....becouse ive used both...I know where ill send my shock if they need work... IT is you riding style and what you preference is.

team green2009
04-25-2011, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by team green2009
Didnt get paid nothing ..but if i did i would try to trow a pich out there ever day.dont mater how much it paid....i know all about laz & hls ....i used to run them before i got some fox shocks...i hered good and bad about them all ....but if i call some one and need some info and how to set a shock up even if there a build sheet and build #...I just need to know what to do...not put in mail and set with no shocks !! and as for what he was talking about ..they were talking about a trx 250 , no one said x or a r so i took it they we talking about a R.. IM NOT BAD MOUTHING NO ONE !! I HAVE HERED BAD FROM BOTH OF THEM..... i really dont care who you use ,There is so many now doing now you have a hand full to choose from. i was just giving some info....becouse ive used both...I know where ill send my shock if they need work... [/QUOTE

team green2009
04-25-2011, 05:15 PM
But here what i run now ...if i dont like i get my lil pump out and add lil air or let a lil air out,,no spring quess work.

2-330s
04-25-2011, 07:46 PM
i'd go with seth .had/have baldwin shocks and gears. sf racing will do you right with less cost and good customer service.

hartwill
04-26-2011, 01:56 PM
All these companies are good I'm sure, however I find it interesting that GtThunder suggests Baldwin racing specifically on his website under his hls shocks. How many companies do that? Basically he said zps systems are great and if you want that, go to Baldwin.
http://www.gtthunder.com/FAQ.htm

dustin_j
04-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by hartwill
All these companies are good I'm sure, however I find it interesting that GtThunder suggests Baldwin racing specifically on his website under his hls shocks. How many companies do that? Basically he said zps systems are great and if you want that, go to Baldwin.
http://www.gtthunder.com/FAQ.htm

I guess that's one way to interpret. Laz states that PEP has marketed the ZPS setup, and if you want it, go to them. Otherwise, a dual rate setup works good for correct wheel travel.

hartwill
04-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by dustin_j
I guess that's one way to interpret. Laz states that PEP has marketed the ZPS setup, and if you want it, go to them. Otherwise, a dual rate setup works good for correct wheel travel. I guess I said that wrong. What I meant was, its not very often that a company will refer a specific competitor while trying to sell their own product. Especially in such a place that everyone sees it. i.e. the world wide web.. Both Laz and Mark are great at what they do. And you will probably have a faster turn around time with GtThunder. I just prefer Baldwin because of how personal he is, he will actually talk on the phone for a good while and make sure you understand what's going on.

troybilt
04-26-2011, 06:10 PM
My advice would be to call a couple places around and see how they treat you. Customer service goes a long way in my book. I think they all know their "stuff"...

mx Eli
04-26-2011, 07:25 PM
sf racing!!!! seth is the best what other big shock company will talk to you on the phone for an hour then you show up to drop off your shocks and talk to you about every aspect of shocks. oh and did I mention I'm 14

dustin_j
04-27-2011, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by hartwill
I guess I said that wrong. What I meant was, its not very often that a company will refer a specific competitor while trying to sell their own product. Especially in such a place that everyone sees it. i.e. the world wide web.. Both Laz and Mark are great at what they do. And you will probably have a faster turn around time with GtThunder. I just prefer Baldwin because of how personal he is, he will actually talk on the phone for a good while and make sure you understand what's going on.

I agree, not many builders acknowledge others' methods, let alone recommend them. I also agree with you and Troy that customer service goes a long way, and I have never worked with Laz directly. I prefer Andy at M@ul Tech ATV for his approach and great customer service.

Grande Huevos
04-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by cdrookie
you just got them right? did you try them out to see if you like them yet?
i have not tried them out for 2 reasons........1 i had some issues w my new cylinder before i ran it which r being taken care of now, and 2 after i installed them when i push down on the front bumper they compress but never return, so i assume they need rebuilt i have never seen this before.

leager-n-ky
04-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Had mine done by Norris @ Quinn Motorspo 1-706-384-4795

97Rocks
04-28-2011, 08:32 PM
If you have PEP's.,... call Seth at SF Racing. (he does other stuff too) I've been around a long time..... Seth knows his stuff, you get good service by someone who does not have dudes in the shop doing work that dont know what they are doing! He does all of his work, He will work with you for a setup that WORKS. He is an authorized PEP dealer and he is buddy's with Wayne at PEP. Thats it period.

skippy1999
04-29-2011, 06:40 AM
if you need someone just to refresh them.. oil and seals. I have a guy that charges around $15-$30 per shock for a refresh. He also does the other things, but I prefer to use the "pros"! pm me if you need the "refresher" info