PDA

View Full Version : playstation network hacked.

buck440
04-23-2011, 06:41 AM
psn has been down a couple days and this is why.

http://tech2.in.com/news/playstation-3/psn-down-a-day-after-hackers-promise-revenge-on-sony/211062

you got to be one big loser to hack the psn lol.

Tommy Warren
04-23-2011, 09:00 AM
Thats why you buy a sexbox 3sexy

rpfeifer11
04-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Haha I tried to get on today and was like damn the first time I play in weeks I can't get on. This is funny as hell. I am sure the kids with no lives who play all day want to kill someone.

buck440
04-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
Thats why you buy a sexbox 3sexy

no thanks, i like my free online playing, better graphics, features, games...

lasher45
04-23-2011, 09:56 AM
Or just get a computer and you won't have to worry about any of the horrible consoles.

CJM
04-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Dont make hackers made, you will always lose.

Tommy Warren
04-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by lasher45
Or just get a computer and you won't have to worry about any of the horrible consoles.

I've played black ops on ps3, xbox360(mine), and pc....the pc is by far the worst...its as easy as clicking on a windows icon...I got a head shot every time. the ps3 controller is annoying and I don't find the graphics to be better at all. I like to play online and all the pros use the xbox its more of a challenge.

SRH
04-23-2011, 03:06 PM
ps is cool but xbox online is way nicer, playstation is the my space of gaming

TheLane
04-23-2011, 03:17 PM
lol better features on a ps3????

i really do enjoy being able to talk to people when im not playing the same game as them.

oh and netflix is a plus.

Oh and swappable batteries.

Oh and kinect pwns the move.

oh and the interface is way easier to use.

oh oh oh! and the best thing of all!!!!! it doesnt take 3 years to install a game before i get to play it!

(oh and one more thing. I dont have to download an update every time i turn it on)

But other then that the ps3 is great.......:p

ProspectorJim
04-23-2011, 04:00 PM
honestly, I agree with the motivation behind the hacking.

buck440
04-23-2011, 04:00 PM
i'm not a big gamer so pc, xbox...i just play when i'm bored. but yah, hackers are LOSERS. any hackers reading this **** ***! anywho, hope it'll be up soon.

ProspectorJim
04-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by buck440
i'm not a big gamer so pc, xbox...i just play when i'm bored. but yah, hackers are LOSERS. any hackers reading this **** ***! anywho, hope it'll be up soon.

it depends. I normally disagree with malicious hacking such as this, but I'm all for "hacking" to reveal information and expand the capabilities of things ie. jailbreaking ipods, rooting android phones, etc.

buck440
04-23-2011, 04:08 PM
it's kinda funny and i feel embarrassed for them because it's over something so small that is not even a problem.

it's like me hacking this site for it's ****ty smiles selection lol. put more smiles up or i'm bringing this site down!!!!:) their a joke.

ProspectorJim
04-23-2011, 04:18 PM
it's kinda funny and i feel embarrassed for them because it's over something so small that is not even a problem.

it's like me hacking this site for it's ****ty smiles selection lol. put more smiles up or i'm bringing this site down!!!!:) their a joke.

its actually over something alot bigger.

they did this because sony filed a lawsuit against a couple groups that hack ps3's and unlock their full capabilities and such. Sony doesn't believe you should be allowed to do this with SOMETHING YOU BOUGHT FROM THEM. I'd hate to side with anon on this, but I have to. Sony has no right to be suing people for modifiying their own property.

buck440
04-23-2011, 04:40 PM
but when you buy a ps3 and get it on you agree to it's terms of use and if not then legal action will be taken. if they didn't agree with the terms, they should of just forgot about it. we don't know the specifics of what they did but if they are in jail they probably did something they shouldn't have done. wether we like it or not they knew what they were doing was illegal more than likely.

ProspectorJim
04-23-2011, 05:15 PM
but when you buy a ps3 and get it on you agree to it's terms of use and if not then legal action will be taken. if they didn't agree with the terms, they should of just forgot about it. we don't know the specifics of what they did but if they are in jail they probably did something they shouldn't have done. wether we like it or not they knew what they were doing was illegal more than likely.

Its a lawsuit, they wouldn't be going to jail. The terms are for online play. Sony is suing because these people take apart the ps3 and modify it to do things outside of sony's intended capabilities for the machine. This group then shows others how to do it and allow them decide to use this knowledge in whatever way they want. Sony wants them to stop modifying these consoles and making it public knowledge how to do it. Whether people take this knowledge and use it for malicious purposes is up to them. Sony should have no right to tell people that they can't modify their consoles. You do not sign terms of use contracts before you buy the thing, so you should be free to do whatever you want with it , whether it be modifying it or running it over with a tractor.

buck440
04-23-2011, 05:53 PM
i really can't argue about it because i don't know much about. so far it's just hearsay and what not. it just sucks i can't play cod4 lol.

Tommy Warren
04-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by TheLane

i really do enjoy being able to talk to people when im not playing the same game as them.

oh oh oh! and the best thing of all!!!!! it doesnt take 3 years to install a game before i get to play it!

(oh and one more thing. I dont have to download an update every time i turn it on)

But other then that the ps3 is great.......:p

but the ps3 has a web browser:rolleyes: so what if you have to download a plugin for every web site:blah:

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
04-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
honestly, I agree with the motivation behind the hacking.

Same with me. Sony is being rediculous about the hacking. I hope they loose millions over it to.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
04-23-2011, 07:54 PM

you're way off base. It's more like you buying a quad from this site, then when you go to modify that quad to your liking, they sue you because they don't think you should be able to modify it, even though you paid for it and own it outright. GeoHot did not agree to any terms as he does no have a PSN account.

Edit- A little better example would be you buying a YFZ, then you crack it open and Cam Mod it while documenting how you did it, then upvideo video on how to Cam Mod a YFZ. After you do that Yamaha sues you for tampering with "their" ATV.

rpfeifer11
04-24-2011, 06:37 AM
It's just a gaming console guys, calm down! I have xbox wii ps3 and I haven't played the xbox since november (when I got the ps3) It's all in what you like (just like choosing between the 450s) . Haha

ProspectorJim
04-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by rpfeifer11
It's just a gaming console guys, calm down! I have xbox wii ps3 and I haven't played the xbox since november (when I got the ps3) It's all in what you like (just like choosing between the 450s) . Haha

its actually more about personally freedom with your property than video games.

BenHonda400ex
04-24-2011, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by TheLane

But other then that the ps3 is great.......:p PSN will actually give you new controller if the battery goes out. And it has netflix, or I'm pretty sure.

Wired
04-24-2011, 10:29 AM
NES > PS3+360

buck440
04-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by rpfeifer11
It's just a gaming console guys, calm down!

how ****ING dare you talk about rosy like that!:)

c_olive18
04-24-2011, 11:14 PM
PS3 has netfilx. And ill take my PS3 anyday with its 3d blu-ray player and 3d games.

madskrillz2
04-24-2011, 11:45 PM
Yeah PS3 is definitely on the rise. Most of my friends that were hardcore XBOX have now switched over. I will say one thing though. You're crazy if you think the graphics are as good or better in black ops on the PS3. Black ops was made and developed with XBOX and all they did was port the game onto PS3 disks. If you don't know what that means.....well just go look it up and you'll understand. Just know it makes a HUGE difference in how a game looks.

Now as for the hackers, they can **** off. I mean yeah it's really cool what all you can do with a PS3 but it just gets old when you go into every single public lobby and it's hacked. I mean when I get stabbed by someone invisible every 5 seconds, that's just not what I call fun. If they could have found a way to patch it out of public matches it would have been fine with me. Because honestly a lot of stuff you can do with a jailbreak etc. is really cool. It really does show you things a PS3 can do that an XBOX can't.

Tommy Warren
04-25-2011, 07:46 AM
can you even get the map packs on ps3? do you have to pay by credit card or something?:huh

honda250xman
04-25-2011, 07:57 AM
yes you can get the map packs, and no you dont have to pay with a credit card. you use a PSN card just like a Microsoft Points card.

CJM
04-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Wired
NES > PS3+360

I miss those simpler gaming days, most kids today dont know the fun of an arcade either.

motochamp250
04-25-2011, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Wired
NES > PS3+360

So true. I've played my nes and snes more lately than the ps3!

TheLane
04-25-2011, 09:53 AM
the 360 has 3d games?....whatchu talking about?

honda400ex2003
04-25-2011, 10:29 AM
that is hooked up along side my ps3 on the 42" vizio. :D fun to play every now and again.

steve
the original!
you know how i roll~ excite bike baby!

Tommy Warren
04-25-2011, 11:43 AM
the good ole days when you has to blow on it before putting it in and then jam another game on top of it to hold it down .......excitebike was the best I could play it for an hour before getting bored:D then you make your own track with 30 speed arrows then one huge jump

buck440
04-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by CJM
I miss those simpler gaming days, most kids today dont know the fun of an arcade either.

i'm looking for a nib nintendo and all the good games for it. mario? duck hunter, diehard...i think? i've been playing the sega lately.

SRH
04-25-2011, 01:09 PM
i dled x men arcade from 92' to my 360...yeah it blows but back then i blew tons of quarters on that

CJM
04-25-2011, 01:39 PM
i'm looking for a nib nintendo and all the good games for it. mario? duck hunter, diehard...i think? i've been playing the sega lately.

About 10 years back when emulation was still pretty big and they hadnt cracked down on piracy I had every single game for NES/SNES/SEGA/GameBoy that was worth anything. Still do, wonder if those old zip disks work lol (yes this was before burning cd's even existed!).

My all time fav games for NES:
mario 1-3, excitebike, rc proam, castlevania 2, battle toads, double dragon, TMNT, metroid, contra, megaman, jaws, zelda, final fantasy, ninja gaiden, micro machines, duck hunt, gauntlet, snake rattle and roll, marble madness, punchout, paperboy, tetris, theres more but I forget.

Nothing like breaking out the old NES for a night of fun tho!

buck440
04-25-2011, 05:03 PM
damn, i forgot zelda. i loved that game. even tekkin, sp? i think nintendo it was diehard where you had a controler that was a gun kinda like wii. if psn doesn't come up in a week, i'm going to gamestop and trading for a damn nintendo lol. maby even a o.g. playstation.

buck440
04-25-2011, 05:17 PM
check this out. nintendo nes game going for $500,000 lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=200578269257&nma=true&rt=nc&si=nB9iCFRBF3MRdRB%252BqdvuGh0e9hs%253D

fastrnrik
04-25-2011, 05:49 PM
I still have the Atari 2600 I had when I was a lil kid haha. It's still fun to play.

madskrillz2
04-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by CJM
About 10 years back when emulation was still pretty big and they hadnt cracked down on piracy I had every single game for NES/SNES/SEGA/GameBoy that was worth anything. Still do, wonder if those old zip disks work lol (yes this was before burning cd's even existed!).

My all time fav games for NES:
mario 1-3, excitebike, rc proam, castlevania 2, battle toads, double dragon, TMNT, metroid, contra, megaman, jaws, zelda, final fantasy, ninja gaiden, micro machines, duck hunt, gauntlet, snake rattle and roll, marble madness, punchout, paperboy, tetris, theres more but I forget.

Nothing like breaking out the old NES for a night of fun tho!

And I thought I was the only ones that liked or knew about Battletoads and Paperboy. I used to play them both for hours

madskrillz2
04-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Oh and for all of you that no longer have an NES or you have almost worn it out like me, you're gonna love this.
http://nintendo8.com/toplist/

buck440
04-25-2011, 06:59 PM
i didn't know capcom was that old

CJM
04-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
And I thought I was the only ones that liked or knew about Battletoads and Paperboy. I used to play them both for hours
Battle Toads is hard as heck when you have to ride the jetskis, took me hours to finally beat that level.

madskrillz2
04-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Battle Toads is hard as heck when you have to ride the jetskis, took me hours to finally beat that level.

YES! I was just about to say that. I've only made it once. What would piss me off is I would get so close and then make a dumb mistake and not make it.

CJM
04-25-2011, 08:10 PM
YES! I was just about to say that. I've only made it once. What would piss me off is I would get so close and then make a dumb mistake and not make it.

Theres a trick to it, practice lol..

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
04-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Battle toads is awesome! I still play it. Lol

honda400ex2003
04-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Oh and for all of you that no longer have an NES or you have almost worn it out like me, you're gonna love this.
http://nintendo8.com/toplist/

freaking awesome thanks!

in other words... looks like they got a bunch of stuff according to the other thread. i didnt have anything on there but im sure alot of people did. :( i had a name and pass and that was it, i ever bought anything or used it for anything except to play a game a couple of times.

steve