PDA

View Full Version : advertising(sp?)

QuadRacer041
02-19-2003, 03:41 AM
i havent been on in a few days due to the weather here in nj, but i see that a member was banned in part due to his trying to advertise here.
i have seen some of the little banners in his sig before, and unless he changed them drasticly in the past 3 days i dont think its any difernt then alot of members here do.i would say that good portion of our serious members(we i say serious i mean people like me who are on at leaste 2-3 times a day, i think we know who are regular members are)have a bunch of advertising stuff in there sig's.now it doesnt bother who advertise's that way but alot of people do and i think everyone here should have to follow the same rules as everyone else.you either have to ban everyone who does it, put a stop to it all, or let everyone do it.
i know ben said there were other reason's for this members banning but to ban him in part for advertising I think is very unfair.

my .02

Lou

"BLAHH"300!!
02-19-2003, 03:58 AM
...i think a signature should be reserved for
1). a brief description of your quad.
2). a quad or parts, you have for sale, (wanted add's)
3). e-mail addy'...if you want to buy their quad or something.

listing every aftermarket mod is a little much if you ask me.
...99' JE-440. (list engine mod), WORKS, K&N, FULBORE, DOUGLAS,
A/C, DMC ALIEN,
a soon to come list
previousely owned list (without mods)
and a little joke or something...is plenty...if we wanna know more we'll ask, or you can post a pic.

i see some of you guys have a signature longer than most post i write (i tend to get carried away)

but a big flashy banner in your signature, is a LITTLE much.
i can see it being alright if you post a thread on the "FOR-SALE"
forum about ..."POWDERCOATING", let people see it, reply a little, then do the rest in a pm....(i'm not targeting you at all pappy)

there's a guy on here with a signature list like

stock pipe
stock bars
stock this
stock that....why the.....would you take the time to write all that....
....'02-400EX-STOCK-RED...i smoke DS650'S :huh
thats plenty....

i just noticed this guys signature above me.....

'02 Arens 250r mx: pep,lsr,rpm,tag
'87 250r xc: elka,houser,rpm,tag

Special thanks to: PPC

AIM:Quadracer041

.....that little info tells me he has 2 bike's that are pretty tight.
might have ruff plastic....so i might ask him to post a pic...

i'm not ranting, just giving my $.02 on what i think a sig. should be.
i also agree with the starter of this thread.....
...and i think we should let beerock come back..
(maybe put him on suspention, then let him come back on probation)..(HAHA--WHAT)...to me he was a pretty kool kat, he did snap off at a few people, but he was ragged on pretty good too. you can pretty much quote him on saying

..."NOTHING A NICE 250R CAN'T HANDLE".....

QuadRacer041
02-19-2003, 04:18 AM
:)
my plastic is in very good shape, lol
i just that saying u have stock plastic or maier plastic is a waste of space.
but i agree keepin the sig's short is a better i dea.

Guy400
02-19-2003, 04:30 AM
Lou, there is a big misconception to the whole advertising thing. He advertised blatantly in the F/S forum several times and Ben asked him to stop doing it. Furthermore, he was having people call both our past and present site sponsors and get prices on parts and then undercutting them. We're not going to allow practices like that here. On top of that, there have been more posts than the moderators care to count where he flamed other members. Beerock's flat out lying if he tells you guys he wasn't warned about his flaming on more than one occasion. If anything, the mods gave him much, much more leeway than we'd give newer members. Lastly, he was banned for a flame on another member, plain and simple. Of course, now he says it was just a joke but don't all people say that AFTER they're banned? Beerock wasn't singled out for his advertising. There has been an ongoing discussion in the mod forum concerning his status here. It seems like at least once a week we got reported posts where he flamed someone and we'd warn him. On several occasions he responded to us with an apology of some sort where he said he was out drinking and didn't remember what he typed the night before. All the mods were on the same page that we've given him ample warning for the flames and we also knew about the advertising. He chose to ignore both....