PDA

View Full Version : clutch cable

fireman0201
04-22-2011, 10:46 PM
I am defiantly in need of some help. I had some slipping in my clutch so I bought new fibers,steels, and springs. I installed them today with no problem, but one I went to put the case cover back on I can not get the clutch lever to pull tension. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. When I hook the cable up and squeeze the clutch lever it pulls all the way to the grip and stays there and does not pull itself back out. I feel like I am doing something wrong with the spring that is inside the case or where the cable hooks up at on the top of the case. I would much appreciate any suggestions. PLEASE help me out I am dying to ride. Thanks Again

honda400ex2003
04-23-2011, 04:09 PM
what machine are you talking about?

steve

rrguy
04-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Not sure what machine but good chance you lost a little ball from the clutch release mechanism. It easy to over look an lose without it your clutch wont release all the way an you cable etc.. will be loose no matter how you try to adjust it.

Sorry to hear your dying. Hopefully you get to go riding in time. lol

wilkin250r
04-30-2011, 02:31 PM
First off, like Steve said, we need to know what quad you're working on to be able to nail down the details. But we might be able to get close without knowing the exact machine yet.

The way these clutches work, I can tell you with 99% certainty that it's NOT the spring on the top of the cases. That little spring does basically nothing for the operation of the clutch, it's just there to make sure the lever stays in the right position when you reassemble everything.

Your problem is inside, somewhere in the actual plates/pushrod mechanism.