PDA

View Full Version : New truck

KXRida
04-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Traded in my 2008 ext cab f350. I kinda jumped into the purchase of the truck and realized I want/need a crew cab and the ride of an f250 is much better for a DD. Picked her up today and switched over some of the minor cosmetic stuff. So the new ride is a 2010 CCSB lariat f250. Pretty much fully loaded minus nav and a sun roof. I was looking at a few king ranches, but for the extra money, painted bumpers/upgraded leather don't really do it for me. I need to buy another a new downpipe because my old truck had to have it left on due to cutting the stock one. After that and my spartan becomes unlocked, she'll be roalin coal.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/100MEDIA_IMAG0015.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/100MEDIA_IMAG0016.jpg

trog2233
04-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Very Nice but I would not wanna know your gas mileage and the price of that thing!!!!

KXRida
04-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Averaged 19mpg hand calculated on my last road trip. Price... ha well it will buy usually 2 or 3 of a normal midsized car.

madsmokey12
04-22-2011, 12:46 PM
sick rig!

yellowzo3
04-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Looks great! I love the King Ranch interiors... What color interior did you get?

CJM
04-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Nice.

Sjorge450R
04-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
Averaged 19mpg hand calculated on my last road trip. Price... ha well it will buy usually 2 or 3 of a normal midsized car.

Yeah this sounds about right in the real world. My dad didnt believe me when I told him that the new 250's are getting better gas milage than his 2000 F-150 V6 getting 18 lol

CJM
04-22-2011, 04:54 PM
The old diesels are get decent mpg at the trade off of the non emissions bs, newer vehicles I feel are more underpowered than older ones with all the emissions stuff.

Driving my 351w F250 vs a 5.4L truck, 351w has more power and about same mpg too.

KXRida
04-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by CJM
The old diesels are get decent mpg at the trade off of the non emissions bs, newer vehicles I feel are more underpowered than older ones with all the emissions stuff.

Driving my 351w F250 vs a 5.4L truck, 351w has more power and about same mpg too.

A tuned diesel is no comparison though. When I dynoed my white f350 it put out 545 at the wheels and 1238 ft lbs. Not bad for basic bolt on's. In stock form, newer vehicles are smothered. The first thing I have done on both trucks is a dpf delete and transfered my tuner.

CJM
04-22-2011, 10:58 PM
I still like the old diesels better, easier to work on and far cheaper to fix imho. Also the aftermarket for the 7.3L is insane. What i really like about them is international used them in everything, so if you need basic bolt on parts you can find them easy.

I refuse to own a 6.0 as it seems a hit or miss and the new one they just came out with (scorpion is it?) is not proven yet.

As for power, oh yea new ones got more-but once you have over 300hp its not all to noticeable imho for daily driving and even hauling.

Your truck is seriously nice KXrida, I couldnt own something that nice-would get beat up and ruined and Id feel bad.

Ruby Soho
04-23-2011, 07:57 AM
I agree and i disagree cjm. I own a 7.3, tuned and bolt ons etc.. where there is a huge aftermarket for it, its also the most expensive truck to modify. your talking thousands and thousands to hit over 500rwhp. Where as kxrida just stated that with only tuning he was over that.

Im sure ill be rolling around in a 6.4 powerstroke, lbz duramax or commonrail cummins for my next truck, the older motors are just to much money to modify and are all getting up in their years.

and of course 6.blows are out of the question i dont want to drive a time bomb.

regardless though, you scored a gorgeous truck man congrats

KXRida
04-23-2011, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by CJM
I still like the old diesels better, easier to work on and far cheaper to fix imho. Also the aftermarket for the 7.3L is insane. What i really like about them is international used them in everything, so if you need basic bolt on parts you can find them easy.

I refuse to own a 6.0 as it seems a hit or miss and the new one they just came out with (scorpion is it?) is not proven yet.

As for power, oh yea new ones got more-but once you have over 300hp its not all to noticeable imho for daily driving and even hauling.

Your truck is seriously nice KXrida, I couldnt own something that nice-would get beat up and ruined and Id feel bad.

Yah I hear yah. The 6.sl0w's are a hit and miss motor, but I wouldn't own one. I've personally had good luck with my last 6.4 and that was the deciding factor between a 2010 and a 2011. I drove a few 2011 and I just think they're too new for any bugs to be worked out, not to mention they have no aftermarket. With basic bolt on's I can't believe how good the new diesels run. Most newer diesels come stock with over 300hp, with a few power adders it is very noticeable.

I'm not a big fan on the cummin's. Everyone around here runs them and they just haven't impressed me at all. Maybe once efi live goes to the common rails that will be a different story, but compared to the duramax's and powerstroke's they are behind.

The 7.3's by far are a tried and true motor. No arguing that, but as stated above, to get any kind of respectable numbers out of them you have to have some deep pockets. The only issue with building the newer trucks is you're limited to your stock components. With tuning, a full exhaust, and intake I'm at a standstill powerwise until the truck would get studs, a built tranny, EGR/cooler delete, new fueling, and a high pressure fuel pump. With that stated above, you're looking close to 15k without breaking a sweat.

CJM
04-23-2011, 11:06 AM
I always said ford made a mistake not getting the cummins, cause dodge-thats the only good thing about those trucks.

CJM
04-23-2011, 02:40 PM
I never did understand why ford didnt use the dt466, who really knows why.

I will admit the newer dodges are built better-trans is still weak point in many tho.

CJM
04-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Thank the EPA, an agency whose job is to make our lives difficult.

BenHonda400ex
04-24-2011, 09:51 AM
I've always been a dodge man just because almost everyone in our family has one. But a diesel is a diesel, I would take Duramax Powerstroke or Cummins.

KXRida
04-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by rpfeifer11
Fords are definately the best lookin trucks out there, but there is something wrong with you if you are going to put down cummins. Drive a dodge with a cummins and then a chevy duramax or ford powerstroke. I personally have a powerstroke and feel it is the worst out of all of the diesels. If it pulled trailers half as good as the cummins I would be a little bit happier. The only way ford will compete with the cummins is if they ditch the worthless V8 diesel and drop the DT466 in their trucks.

In stock form, maybe. I actually test drove all of the 2011's and wasn't really impressed with any of them. I will be the first to admit, the 7.3's and 6.0's don't really have much on the cummin's but the 6.4's and 6.7's are hard to argue with, especially opened up. I highly doubt ford would go to an inline 6 let alone back to a navstar since ford has since produced their own motor's. The 6.4 was pretty much a response to the emissions out-cry, if not the 6.0 probably would have ran til 2010. Regardless, all the newer diesels are hard to pass up, but personally I'd be with a duramax or a powerstroke.

KXRida
04-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by rpfeifer11
I am trying to find a cummins to make a play truck out of. Fuel at $4.19 here and $4.29 at some stations around here I can see people selling their diesels dirt cheap like back in 08

I've been finding older 7.3's and 24v cummin's getting cheaper so I've been thinking the same thing.

woodsracer144
04-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Nice 6.7! My cousin was on the inside of that whole thing, they had a recall just to re map it to give it some more HP off the floor but not many have came back he said where he works...

I have a ford body with a cummins motor... nottin like it...

KXRida
04-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
Nice 6.7! My cousin was on the inside of that whole thing, they had a recall just to re map it to give it some more HP off the floor but not many have came back he said where he works...

I have a ford body with a cummins motor... nottin like it...

Mine's a 6.4