PDA

View Full Version : idle cable

wnyoaracer
04-22-2011, 08:53 AM
i got new flexx bars an i was puttin them on an everything fit good except that thing thats on the side of the push start button an the lights its lik a lit black wing thing i heard it was for idle wondering if thats true an if i just take it out will it change anything cuz it goes into the throttle body? thanks

nkillian9
04-22-2011, 09:15 AM
ive heard several things of wut to do with it but yes it is pretty much a idle adjustment for when its cold giving a touch more throttle at the thumb does the same thing, but as far as taking it off ive heard ppl just ciol it up and store it under the plastics, to take it completely off id buy the lil yosh bolt thing, ive also heard ppl cut the cable, there is a plunger and spring inside the throttle body that im pretty sure stays, dont know if any of this helped you so maybe someone else will chime in. i as well have flexx bars and it all fit even with cyca handguards

y-man
04-22-2011, 09:45 AM
yep thats the choke cable u can take it off and install a yoshi throttle body nut or u can take it off from the handle bars and tuck the cable under the plastic thats what i did

wnyoaracer
04-24-2011, 05:18 AM
thanks: i just taped end an zip tied it went riding couldnt wait

y-man
04-24-2011, 12:54 PM
haha that should work good enough man

nkillian9
04-25-2011, 11:27 AM
:)