PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best tires for trail/hill/creek riding?

blackblue400ex
04-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Hello im getting ready to buy tires and was wondering whats all around good for creek/hill climbing/trail riding?

wnyoaracer
04-21-2011, 06:05 PM
maxxis razor 2's 6 ply best tires u can get i race with them last work good grip good last long

wnyoaracer
04-21-2011, 06:05 PM
maxxis razor 2's 6 ply best tires u can get i race with them last work good grip good last long

CJM
04-21-2011, 09:14 PM
razr or razr2, get the 6 ply they cant be beat. Good grip in all conditions.

IcutMetl
04-22-2011, 02:30 PM
I have ridden the most on Razr's, Razr 2's, and Holeshot XCR's. I had the XCR's on my 400ex, Razr's were on a Banshee, and the Razr2's are on one of my 250R's.

The Razr 2's are incredible for traction, sometimes providing too much in turns. They outperform the regular Razr's greatly in soupy, slimy, wet conditions. However; they are definitely heavy, suck a bit of HP, and don't slide extremely predictable.

Would I get the Razr 2's again? Ehh, yea...probably...they are great tires. Honestly, the XCR's are my favorite out of the bunch and I wish I would've just gotten those for my R instead of trying something new. They are a bit narrower, definitely lighter, slid awesome, provided just the right amount of spin, and hooked up in the sloppier stuff ALMOST as good as the Razr 2's do.

That's just my opinion!

quadmanw
04-22-2011, 02:33 PM
RZR 2 for sure.

atver13
04-22-2011, 03:14 PM
i trail ride and go mudding and i love my rzr 2s

grovesbm
04-22-2011, 05:53 PM
i got holeshot HD's on the rear and razr2's on the front,,,,love the set up for hairscrambles! and rutted trails! my .02

04-25-2011, 10:59 AM
I've been really liking my razr ballance alot.They feel lighter than the razr 2's probly cuz they're missing 1/3 of the lugs which in turn is probly why they feel much nicer in the corners.Getting loose when u need em too but not too much. IF u have a tire groover cut 1 diagonal line in every lug and they seem to tighten up a bit in the turns.

OldGuyonaQuad
04-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Saves me from creating a new thread
sorry/ thread hijack in process

so would you guys take the razr 2's over the holeshots?

Aarons 01 400EX
04-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by grovesbm
i got holeshot HD's on the rear and razr2's on the front,,,,love the set up for hairscrambles! and rutted trails! my .02

I have the same setup.

The HD's work well and i have no time on the Razr2's but they look just as knarly as the HD's.

WoodTRD
04-28-2011, 10:09 PM
I like my GNCC holeshots pretty well, now that I've got the edges worn off of the knobs they have the perfect amount of grip. For a little while they were impossible to slide but had amazing traction everywhere, but now they've loosened up in the corners and still have plenty of grip to get me over/up/through/around anything reasonable I've ran across. Hitting the slow stuff with 4x4's or ripping it up with the sport bikes I've yet to have a problem. Only place I don't care for them is on the mx track, a little too much grip. But then again that's not exactly what they were designed for.

dxcody
04-28-2011, 11:58 PM
I agree with ICUTMETAL
Razr 2's provide too much traction for me but i love cornering fast.

I actually asked Walker Fowler (GNCC XC2 PRO AM) (currently DOMINATING XC2 BTW)
and he said "The razr2's provide an enourmous amount of traction, so much that i found myself popping wheelies and kicking it up on two wheels alot in turns, but razr's have great grip and you can still slide around some with them, The Ballance Race team just feels Razr's are the overall best rear tire."

That was his words on it..
amd simce razr 2's are around $100 a piece i would say get the GBC XREX Same tire, but about $60 a piece.. 4sure go razr2's on the fronts though. Best front tire on the market