PDA

View Full Version : motor questions

woodsracer144
04-21-2011, 02:00 PM
ok so I've been starting to get in to big bores. (330+) so i've been thinking of running a 39 PWK but my question comes to pipe choice the sparks cylinder I would be running is set up for MX i think. so what would be the pipe to run on it? A big bore is what i shoud use and I think i have a LRD 350BB but its hard to tell cause they replaced the upper hanger by the tank so i dont have a stamp for the modle. I was hoping to run all sparks but finding a BB is hard to come by.

How much HP do you gain or would it effect if i had the bottom end match to the cylinder?

and finally where do reed spacers effect the power? i know it would/should effect port timing not? but if you have no spacer, a 1/4 inch space and a half what does it change? more low end on the motor?

Grande Huevos
04-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
ok so I've been starting to get in to big bores. (330+) so i've been thinking of running a 39 PWK but my question comes to pipe choice the sparks cylinder I would be running is set up for MX i think. so what would be the pipe to run on it? A big bore is what i shoud use and I think i have a LRD 350BB but its hard to tell cause they replaced the upper hanger by the tank so i dont have a stamp for the modle. I was hoping to run all sparks but finding a BB is hard to come by.

How much HP do you gain or would it effect if i had the bottom end match to the cylinder?

and finally where do reed spacers effect the power? i know it would/should effect port timing not? but if you have no spacer, a 1/4 inch space and a half what does it change? more low end on the motor?

u need to post this in the reg part of the forum not classifieds and u will find ur answers! also reed spacers make absolutly no diff anywhere! u will find people that say it adds top end and others that say it adds bottom or better throttle response but truth have it, it really doesnt do anything at all besids put ur reeds closer to the carb because there r diff lengths of intake boots.

woodsracer144
04-21-2011, 08:14 PM
sorry didnt know i post it here... modds coul you move it by chance?