PDA

View Full Version : michigan riding

hartwill
04-20-2011, 03:31 PM
I'm interested in taking a trip up to silver lake, I haven't been there in a while and was wondering what kind of rules they have for riding the dunes, and also what if any documentation (I.e. title/registration) you need? Any body else interested in meeting up there?

SilverLake250R
04-20-2011, 03:35 PM
No title/registration needed. Just buy an ORV sticker ($16.25) and a rec pass (new this year instead of a state park sticker, $10)

As for rules, the db limit is 98, but they check at the entrance only on some weekends and holidays, you can get by if you load your quad into your truck and just drive your truck in. You do need to have a spark arrestor though. Other than that, just the normal rules..helmets required, no riding 2-up...etc.

I'd meet you up there sometime if it was a weekend! I go a lot anyway.

hartwill
04-20-2011, 03:44 PM
That's awesome, here in Ohio you need a title to register your atv to ride in any state park. Hmm wonder if I couldn't just use a Michigan sticker here just saying I live there. They can't make you register your bike in Ohio just to ride here could they?:confused: lol I have no title or vin tag on my r and it sucks..

DnB_racing
04-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by SilverLake250R
No title/registration needed. Just buy an ORV sticker ($16.25) and a rec pass (new this year instead of a state park sticker, $10)

As for rules, the db limit is 98, but they check at the entrance only on some weekends and holidays, you can get by if you load your quad into your truck and just drive your truck in. You do need to have a spark arrestor though. Other than that, just the normal rules..helmets required, no riding 2-up...etc.

I'd meet you up there sometime if it was a weekend! I go a lot anyway. I was just reading one of the web sites and they said 94db? are there different requirements in different areas?

SilverLake250R
04-20-2011, 09:07 PM
It is 94db, but they always let 98 through.