PDA

View Full Version : Local track destroyed

TrailShredderZ400
12-03-2001, 05:33 PM
Over the summer I allways went riding at this place place by that I have been riding atfor almostmy whole life. Every time I went riding there I had a blast. I had to go back to college so I didn't go there until this past sunday. It was totally riped up! There was all of this construction equipment there, and alot of the trees were cut down. There were some dirt bikers there riding, and they said a hotel is being built. Before I left things were getting a little out of hand. Some of the dirt bikers were starting to rip down fences and vandleize some of the construction equipment. Its just too bad to let a great track like that be destroyed. :(

400exJOE
12-03-2001, 07:03 PM
thats the problem in all of this. We get blamed for ruining the environment by putting two tire tracks through the woods. But no one looks to the rich guy who wants to put a big house in the woods to raise his family, then another, and another...etc. Just remember, all those power lines and gas lines we ride on are prime locations for the next developement. Utilities already running through them. It really bothers me to see all this urbanization everywhere. It needs to stop. Not for the ATV inthusiest, but for the sake of nature. We NEED it. Its the balance in our world. No one seems to get it. Humans are not the only think on this planet, and yet in a few hundred years we have managed to affect nearly every corner of the globe. You'll just be reminded when the next time you want to hit your favorite riding spot, theres a new developement going up. And now, the gov't wants to kick us out of dunes!!! USELESS SPACE! Nowbody wants us in their back yard. But were just a tiny fraction of the problem. Everyone needs to stop turning their back on these issues! Not for us, but our kids and their kids. Before we literally run out of space! Sorry, just had to vent a bid. I was riding over the summer and say a blackbear with 3 cubs. It was an awsome experience and to know that i may never see it again makes me very upset.

12-03-2001, 07:10 PM
H*ll yeah man, thats what Im talking about. People who arent scared to object to all this bull man. I dont blame the bikers for doing that one bit man, thats our land. Not some rich mans access to even more money. We're gonna have to stand up and speak out against this stuff man, its getting to the point where we cant even live our own lives the way we want to.

beerock
12-03-2001, 09:00 PM
they need to just allow atvs to be ridden on the road as well as on dirt. just like dual purpose motorcycles.

MikeL250X
12-04-2001, 09:12 AM
I haven't been down there, but I hear where I grew up in south jersey most of the riding area was bought up by a utility company and fenced off, sucks there was some great sand pits down there.

4punksdad
12-08-2001, 07:22 PM
well, I am in the construction business. and I can tell you one thing.........vandalism of another persons equipment is a cowardly act. just think about the equipment operator who shows up to work on monday morning & might not be able to work so he can feed his family. or the owner of the construction company who is losing production & revenue. the construction company is simply fulfilling their contract obligation. they are not there to take away your riding area. no wonder we have no place to ride. trashing things on your way out is a sure way to make us all look like idiots. I suggest you report the crime, just be careful not to incriminate yourself for riding there.

OutlawEX
01-01-2002, 11:22 PM
Ya i also do the same stuff,bust out windows ,but then i relize that its not the construction comp falt,they are just there to do there job ......But if they wer buliding it for them self hell ya i do some ape ****this word is not allowed*** crap....

JustRace
01-02-2002, 12:19 AM
There just doing there job just like everyone else

JOEX
01-02-2002, 02:06 AM
I don't know the status of the property the track was on, but i'm guessing it was private property that someone so graciously allowed people ride on. Sure it's too bad that a riding area is no longer available, people have a right to build on their property. It's part of the American Dream.

......But if they wer buliding it for them self hell ya i do some ape **** crap....

Now that is just F'n stupid!:grr

ATV'ERs get a bad rap from people like that. It just gives fuel to the people that don't like us.

Joe

4punksdad
01-02-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I don't know the status of the property the track was on, but i'm guessing it was private property that someone so graciously allowed people ride on. Sure it's too bad that a riding area is no longer available, people have a right to build on their property. It's part of the American Dream.

Now that is just F'n stupid!:grr

ATV'ERs get a bad rap from people like that. It just gives fuel to the people that don't like us.

Joe

yeah........ what he ^ said

01-03-2002, 10:04 PM
Now I see Why there is no where to Ride!
The age limit for atvs should be 25 Maybe then
you will be grown up enough to ride Resposnble!
Come on guys busting there windows and stuff
because there doing there job? Look out Mail man
you didn`t bring my Check going to get busted up!
Same thing Guys. yall are not just repersenting
your sevles but all us so Ride Resposnble.

Scott
01-04-2002, 06:56 AM
I couldn't agree more.

You won't find it nearly as funny or cool when someone rides by while you're vandalizing and proceeds to whip your *****. If you want to act like you're 3 yrs old, be prepared to be treated like you're 3 yrs old.

Perception is reality. What one person does affect the rest of us. And from what I'm reading, it doesn't look like too many people think vandalism is the right answer.

Guy400
01-10-2002, 08:57 AM
I'm assuming this land was originally private property, owned by someone else. That means it was not owned by the off-road enthusiasts who so graciously took it upon themselves to bust up construction equipment. The true problem here is the immaturity of the guys riding. When someone else owns property and they decide to do something with it that you don't agree with-- TOO BAD!! They own it, period. Those guys have no say so in what happens to it and some of these responses to this thread show the type of mentality that most quadders get stereotyped into.

My family owns 175 acres at one plot of land and that's our best riding area. We never cared too much about who rode down there or anything until one fine weekend we go down there to find the grass all tore up from someone doing powerslides and donuts in the camping area and our barn had been shot to swiss cheese. From then on, NOBODY rides down there unless myself or other family member is with them.

For all you guys that agree with what these degenerates did, how would you like it if you put new blue Fullbore plastic on your quads but I thought all 400EX should be red so I soaked your quad in gasoline and burned it. I guess I have that right since I've been a quad enthusiast since they came out and if things don't go my way I'll just destroy your property.

400exdad
01-10-2002, 11:52 AM
Good thing you left TrailShedder! That was not the right way to "approach" the "problem"! It's guys like those who will get the private lands we ride on closed. What if, say Guy660R (who had his barn shot up and most likely found a ton of trash at his place) was allowing folks to ride his land. Everyone is nice to Guy660R, right? Well it just so happens he also owns another piece of land (which is some tresspassers great riding area) and wants to develop it. He does this and while he or his contractor is clearing it, some tresspasser gets mad and tears up his equipment and construction trailer. Well, Guy660R sees the tracks and knows it was "those offroaders". He then closes his "open" riding area to EVERYONE except family and friends.... which has pretty much happened anyway. Only thing is the tresspasser also enjoyed Guy660R's other area. Tresspasser has now lost "2" riding areas! Sorry to use you as an example 660R, but you actually have land. :D

Here is what happened locally. This guy owns about 400 acres of prime riding area. I helped promote a race there. I could see the abuse, such as erosion, (Strike 1) the land was taking due to riding, but this guy really wants to have our club out there. We hold a couple races there. Some tresspassing goes on, but nothing too bad. Strike 2. Time goes on and some rules are laid out. The owner then gets to have a Mid-South Winter Series race there. Sponsored by my club. About 450 folks show up and race. Its all good right? Wrong! The weekends after the race, some of these guys continue to come out and ride (tresspassers!!!) This goes on until one weekend there is about 20 tresspassers there at one time. (Strike 3). This place is great and even has an old log cabin thats over 100 yrs old there.

Well the landowner and family (mom rides the land in her kawasaki thingy, you know what I'm talking about) decide to graciously keep the land open. The club members now have cards and will eventually have picture id's! All this because of some tresspassers and some who are too cheap or lazy to join the club!!! I suspect that at some point we will lose this prime riding area. A landowner can only take so much!!!!

We need to always remember to tread lightly and pack in/pack out!

I'm off the soapbox now, sorry to hog it! Next!:)

upstate rider
01-27-2002, 02:56 PM
Some real good points were brought out by forum members , One thing that happen up by me some kids broke in houses that sat back in the woods a little ways. And yes the kids had atv's so they didn't get seen .But after there 4th or 5th break in there tracks on the trails finally gave them away . The bad news bye bye to some of the trails from those they stole from. The owners said no way to anyone riding on thier land . Thankfully we have some large farms and the farmers don't mind as long as we ride on the edge of the fields so we don't destroy thier hay or other crops. A little respect for other goes along long way.