PDA

View Full Version : header pipe

300ex_rida
02-18-2003, 07:59 PM
I have a White Brothers E-series slip-on and I want more power and I was wondering if a white brothers header pipe will give me any more power or will it just be a waste of money?

trailburner
02-18-2003, 08:09 PM
From what I've heard, unless you have some motor mod's done It's more less a waste of money??

wheeltrax
02-18-2003, 08:40 PM
I have to disagree.. my opinion. I have an oversized header on my x. I think it made a good difference with the white bros e series. anytime there is more air flow in and more air flow out, the better the power is going to be. I think its worth the money, but thats just me.

zoom400ex
02-18-2003, 09:32 PM
keep the e series and grind out the welds in your header and you will get the same power gains as a aftermarket header in my opinion and its pretty much free..........

bigbadbrad
02-19-2003, 12:04 PM
seeing thta you have a 300ex. you can't grind the welds. and any header is better then the stock header which is so small. so yes it will help you out. so what are you waiting for . rockymountian is the lowest. right around $130 price of shipping icluded in that price. I ordered mine from them and got it in 4 days.

Moded86R
02-19-2003, 12:46 PM
You can grind the stock header out a little bit on the 300.I have done it to mine.Acctually I did a little the first time and didn't notice anything.Then I hogged it out and noticed a little less low-end but it revs a little quicker now.