PDA

View Full Version : Steering Stem Question?

flyboy62
04-19-2011, 06:13 PM
will a 04/05 steering stem fit a 06+ 450r?

Scro
04-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Yes.

Pacheco_450r
04-19-2011, 08:18 PM
do you guys know what the diameter is on the steering stem? I need to machine a clamp for a stabilizer.

quad2xtreme
04-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Pacheco_450r
do you guys know what the diameter is on the steering stem? I need to machine a clamp for a stabilizer.

They vary by manufacturer. You machining a clamp for a stem you don't have?

Pacheco_450r
04-20-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
They vary by manufacturer. You machining a clamp for a stem you don't have?

I bought a stabilizer a while back but the clamp it came with doesn't fit my stock steering stem. My bike is about 100 miles away from where I am right now (in college). Anyway, I have the steering stabilizer with me and have about three weeks left before school is out and I wont have the shop here at school available to me to machine the clamp hole the right size.

quad2xtreme
04-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Pacheco_450r
I bought a stabilizer a while back but the clamp it came with doesn't fit my stock steering stem. My bike is about 100 miles away from where I am right now (in college). Anyway, I have the steering stabilizer with me and have about three weeks left before school is out and I wont have the shop here at school available to me to machine the clamp hole the right size.

I could measure a 2006 stem but I am not sure if it is different than 2005. I know you can call Precision and talk to tech support. He will tell you the exact size they use as they have various clamp sizes for Rath, ATV Fourplay, Houser, stock, etc. When I went to a Lonestar chromoly frame, they even had the lower frame clamp for it.

Pacheco_450r
04-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
I could measure a 2006 stem but I am not sure if it is different than 2005. I know you can call Precision and talk to tech support. He will tell you the exact size they use as they have various clamp sizes for Rath, ATV Fourplay, Houser, stock, etc. When I went to a Lonestar chromoly frame, they even had the lower frame clamp for it.

Thanks a lot! I'll give them a call and see if I can get the info from them.